• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

13 Sentinels: Aegis Rim Launch Trailer

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum

giphy.gif

O2nsRzWXIqAwWxo-dWb2U0F9dMny6foqtv7K9gMz1OATBuuA0Y4UEG4Wyz26D_F_fwPoCRxVqwbx=s640-nd

Last edited:

Pejo

It looks like my pre-order on Amazon hasn't shipped yet. I'm really surprised this game reviewed so well. It seems more like a word of mouth/niche audience which usually doesn't mesh with "game journos".

Mine got delayed by Amazon lol but it's on its way apparently, I think it's arriving next week.
Can't wait to play it, Spiritfarer is my GOTY so far and I'm hoping this game is even better than it!

Last edited:

Pejo

-
They put a lot of heart and soul into this one. Give it a shot.
-
Day 1 patch for those of you that like to play in english

That was a nice little blurb from George. I hope the story is great, but I still can't quite shake the fact that I'd love a mecha RPG or action RPG more from Vanillaware than RTS. We haven't truly had a fun, good, mecha game since ZoE2. Daemon X Machina was ok, but it felt like a PSP game.

Anyways, those of you playing - how is the dub? I'll likely go with the JP audio regardless, but i'm curious.

Pejo

Just play in Japanese, just like GhoT the game take place in Japan so it’s much more natural for characters speaking Japanese.
Yep that's what I'm planning on doing. I generally don't use dubs unless they actually do a proper localization and drop shit like "Jeff-kun, it can't be helped!" Just wanted to see where this fell on the scale, thanks for the vid!

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
Wait is this launching on the same day as the Genshin Impact? (consoles)

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
I'm surprised that a game that seems to be 95% visual novel is reviewing so well. Must be a really good one.

Still it's not my kinda game. May try it down the line, but for now I must join the sorry club. ;_;

FStubbs

I would've prefered this on the Switch, but bought it.

Good games are good games no matter the genre.

I agree but I get their sentiment. It's fuzzy if visual novels are actually games or just interactive entertainment. Some like Phoenix Wright are games, but others, like Stein's Gate, are more just interactive entertainment.

Last edited:

Neolombax

The only part that bothers me is the gameplay. You cant exactly see what youre doing apart from the attack special effects. Despite that, the game seems to be reviewing extremely well. I'm interested to know how others feel about the gameplay.

Danjin44

I would've prefered this on the Switch, but bought it.

I agree but I get their sentiment. It's fuzzy if visual novels are actually games or just interactive entertainment. Some like Phoenix Wright are games, but others, like Stein's Gate, are more just interactive entertainment.
This game just like 999 has flow charts and it has nonlinear story telling, it has interesting way telling its story which what people liking about it.
The only part that bothers me is the gameplay. You cant exactly see what youre doing apart from the attack special effects. Despite that, the game seems to be reviewing extremely well. I'm interested to know how others feel about the gameplay.
Most people who play it and most reviewers like the gameplay, the game starts out simple to easy you in the combat but once opens up its can be really fun.

Neolombax

This game just like 999 has flow charts and it has nonlinear story telling, it has interesting way telling its story which what people liking about it.

Most people who play it and most reviewers like the gameplay, the game starts out simple to easy you in the combat but once opens up its can be really fun.

I tried the demo last night, it was okay. I would much prefer if we could actually see the sentinels attacking the aliens, but it is what it is. Sound effects has got a nice punch to it. But I dont know how that would hold up for 40hrs plus into the game. The story is supposed to be one of the best, it gets high praise from almost all reviews I've listened or read. Definitely intrigued by that.

Currently trying to finish SAO Alicization, so maybe after that. Can't play too much JRPG's in one go, it gets confusing haha.

Danjin44

I tried the demo last night,
You mean prologue demo that was released last year? because I heard they made some changes to the combat in the final game. I personally like the combat visuals and most people who play games like FE just turnoff most animations when they play it.

Last edited:

Neolombax

You mean prologue demo that was released last year? because I heard they made some changes to the combat in the final game. I personally like the combat visuals and most people who play games like FE just turnoff most animations when they play it.

Yeah, that demo. What were the changes made? It seemed pretty in-line with what I saw in the review videos. I guess after a while, the animations get old because its the same old. Its a shame that the sentinels don't get more visualization during battle, the designs are really nice.

Danjin44

Yeah, that demo. What were the changes made? It seemed pretty in-line with what I saw in the review videos. I guess after a while, the animations get old because its the same old. Its a shame that the sentinels don't get more visualization during battle, the designs are really nice.
You do get animation when in attack previews during the battle and you do see the mech when selecting which weapon to use. But combat is faster than games like FE and later you get lots enemies on screen, if try to show every time you attack or enemies attack, it will just slow down the entire game. The combat visuals might not be flashy but they are on point.

SinDelta

Game definitely has my interest. Amazing to see what a insane swan song year the PS4 has had, and now this.

Hopefully there will be a sale at some point. Really want to pick up Odin Sphere too.

Last edited:
Top Bottom