• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

15th Anniversary of Gran Turismo Europe: Invite to GT6, [Make A New Thread]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jilt

Happy 15th birthday Gran Turismo

971720_585739344783063_511223198_n.jpg

So, he's a fellow audiophile then?

Great, at least the right questions will be asked.

D Day is approaching...

I'm not sure if he's an audiophile, but he's asked Kaz about them before and he obviously knows the forum very well, so he knows what people are immediately going to think about when he says something like that.

otapnam

they probably didnt want anyone to look at any pixelated pics n vid from the game or whatever. Here's hoping to a 1080p HD video link of a trailer when the embargo lifts

jaosobno

Uff hype!!!
I can't not feel it.
I wish i could.

Damn GT.

Don't worry. Once you see a thread titled: "Polyphony Digital reveals Gran Turismo 6, is the greatest thing since sliced bread" (or something like that), the hype will explode and you will be caught in the blast.

Prepare yourself.

EDIT: just detected double negative in your post. Damn it, do you feel hype or not?

Neonglitz

Banned
I dont understand what nonsense guys talks about ps4. ps4 IT IS FOR PS3 and let it be for ps3 only and i am happy about it so are many.

DieH@rd

Banned
I dont know about you, but I really enjoy racing with 40-64 opponents on Nirburgring in Project CARS [all with different cars]. I would be great if GT managed to up their online player count... But that will have to wait for nextgen console.

jaosobno

I dont understand what nonsense guys talks about ps4. ps4 IT IS FOR PS3 and let it be for ps3 only and i am happy about it so are many.

If it's for PS3, why is Sony revealing it so late in the gen?

Perhaps they want something to drive sales for 6 more months until PS4 comes.

Looking forward to seeing what is revealed. I just went back checking GT5 stuff, and man, I love that weather trailer!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1HNrkiFQX54 Hoping for a super long and classy trailer today. :D

Their main trailers are usually a little over two minutes long

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oXtbXy5vO70
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hxfNb4d3bPY

But we could end up getting multiple trailers out of this that show off different aspects of the game.

If it's for PS3, why is Sony revealing it so late in the gen?
Perhaps they want something to drive sales for 6 more months until PS4 comes.

Didn't Kaz say last time that they will never reveal dates unless certain this time around? Maybe it was just a case that they could have announced it but with no solid release date, they decided to keep it under wraps?

Personally I'm guessing it's certainly going to be GT6 for PS3 and announcing that all assets will be transfered to GT7 on the PS4. Would burst if they announce a GT Vita as well, that would possibly be the system seller Sony need here in the EU if they can make it a full game and not a cut down arcade racer like the PSP was.

Since when did Polyphony Digital have a 2nd atelier studio based in Tokyo? http://www.polyphony.co.jp/english/index.html

Known locations:

• Tokyo Studio
  • Fukuoka Atelier
  • Ueno Atelier (Tokyo)
  • SCEA's GT Explore Studio (Venice, CA)
Note it's a different location to PD's original 2nd Tokyo office that was used before the Fukuoka split & Tokyo building move.

The Wayback Machine's first instance of it is from last September.

I'm guessing Ueno is their online studio. They have their own building.

jaosobno

Didn't Kaz say last time that they will never reveal dates unless certain this time around? Maybe it was just a case that they could have announced it but with no solid release date, they decided to keep it under wraps?

Yep that could be it. I lost count how many times GT5 was pushed back.

ruttyboy

Yep that could be it. I lost count how many times GT5 was pushed back.

Really? According to the wiki article it got delayed twice (from March 2010->November 2010, then from early November to late November).

All the fuss, revisionist history and the years of increasingly tiresome jokes seem to have been created by the uncertainty that surrounded the second delay, for a while there was no firm date.

Domstercool

Really? According to the wiki article it got delayed twice (from March 2010->November 2010, then from early November to late November).

All the fuss, revisionist history and the years of increasingly tiresome jokes seem to have been created by the uncertainty that surrounded the second delay, for a while there was no firm date.

http://www.eurogamer.net/games/gran-turismo-5-ps3?type=news It had a few delays. It was initially going to be out in late 2008 early 2009.

ruttyboy

http://www.eurogamer.net/games/gran-turismo-5-ps3?type=news It had a few delays. It was initially going to be out in late 2008 early 2009.

Can't get at that link here at work sorry, but from what I remember there was no actual release date until the March 2010 date. Internally they may have been targeting all sorts of dates, but that's hardly the same. Anyway, it's in the past now (hopefully) and as desperate as I am for GT6 info, I'm glad they've waited until they're sure this time (presuming that's what they've done).

otapnam

Can't get at that link here at work sorry, but from what I remember there was no actual release date until the March 2010 date. Internally they may have been targeting all sorts of dates, but that's hardly the same. Anyway, it's in the past now (hopefully) and as desperate as I am for GT6 info, I'm glad they've waited until they're sure this time (presuming that's what they've done).

I remember seeing the target pre order cards and being disappointed

farisr

A delay is when an officially announced release date is pushed back. They've had one or two "maybe next year, depends on if it's ready" and some employees not involved in the actual production going "probably next year" but no actual announcements.

The first actual announcement of a release date was March 2010, just for Japan. No mention of other regions. (The brochure that said Q4 2009, was referring to Sony's fiscal Q4 which actually ended in March 2010, so it's the same release date).

That was then delayed (first actual delay) to November 2010 (and the game now had a worldwide launch for November 2010).

And that November release date was pushed back further into the month. The second delay.

For regions outside Japan, there's actually only been one delay.

Most of the articles saying "delayed again" before 2010 were assuming that rumors and unconfirmed dates were set it stone or taking them as official announcements.

Perkel

Banned

On few internal development slides it was targeted 2008 then 2009 and official release date was march 2010 which was delayed to end of 2010.

My take on this :

They never planed prologue in form we got. That was supposed to be GT5 but since they didn't have many features in place (because they had to create GT PSP and that slowed their work on GT5) they didn't want to release it as mainline GT5 game so they created GT5:prologue as we know. Since it had 71 cars delivering now full GT5 with only 300 would be weird so as they developed features they decided to include GT4/GTPSP cars as standards.

And that is how we go GT5 imo.

Perkel

Banned
Since when did Polyphony Digital have a 2nd atelier studio based in Tokyo? http://www.polyphony.co.jp/english/index.html

Known locations:

• Tokyo Studio
  • Fukuoka Atelier
  • Ueno Atelier (Tokyo)
  • SCEA's GT Explore Studio (Venice, CA)
Note it's a different location to PD's original 2nd Tokyo office that was used before the Fukuoka split & Tokyo building move.

The Wayback Machine's first instance of it is from last September.

Great find. This may be what was going on in Vita threads about killer app. (wasn't it third party though ?)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom