• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

18 minutes of Uncharted 4 gameplay

GeoramA

Goddamn, I've had a hard-on for that jeep ever since they first showed it at E3 (two years ago?) and this just made me harder. I dunno, it just seems especially fun to drive somehow.
Was thinking the same thing. Just from watching, you can tell it controls so damn well. The driving in TLoU2 should be something...

Is it industry standard to have terrible players demonstrate games?

Really takes me out of an otherwise incredible showing.

Holy shit. I didn't want to spoil anything but I couldn't resist the urge. Naughty Gods. They truly are gods. Hot damn that's one pretty game. I just hope the story will deliver as well.

Pack it up and close this gen.

Naughty Dog just created the most visually impressive game ever and the' ve done so on a Radeon 7870.

Uncharted is a shooter, I'm happy for those who like stealth that they made it a bigger option in 4, but Uncharted is meant for you to go guns blazing so it's kinda silly for you to be sad over someone playing it like it should be played. You'll have The Last of Us 2 in a few years most likely, so you'll be fine.

i disagree

They've gone out their way to make the areas bgger. to stay hidden and to break cover or to introduce a search mode in the guard patterns . Stealth was fun to try in UC3 and while shooting is fun i'm definitely going to try to play the game my way . that trill in crushing difficulty is exactly why i like UC3 so much

Game looks great and mindless, I will still wait for TLOU2 before I buy the system though. By then hopefully a slim PS4K and Uncharted 4 GOTY edition will be out.

Looking at the rope swings though, I want ND to do a high quality (in the veins of Batman Arkham) Spiderman game. I know it will never happen :(

that wasn't even a cliffhanger! that was just....ah, fuck em.

random off topic walking dead spoilers
late last night there was some variety or other news outlet that slowed down the audio in the ending segment, and some people say they could hear someone scream "Maggie"...

People will keep saying things until S7E1. Fuck AMC for that cliffhanger though, I'm getting Dexter flashbacks where I kept watching that show for way longer than I should have

that wasn't even a cliffhanger! that was just....ah, fuck em.

random off topic walking dead spoilers
late last night there was some variety or other news outlet that slowed down the audio in the ending segment, and some people say they could hear someone scream "Maggie"...

Idk if its just me but I hear Maggie screaming Glenn along with another female but Maggies voice being much louder. Whatever they are screaming its definitely 1 syllable and with Rick and Carl being the only others there with a name thats only 1 syllable but knowing they're good from the audio I guess that only leaves Glenn as well. Or maybe they're not screaming a name at all. I also thought I could hear Glenn saying Mag.... and it getting cut off at the beginning. It also coyld be me having preconcieved notions it was gonna be Glenn since an earlier episode their was a suggestive scene to me anyway where Glenn was driving away while Maggie was at the gate watching him leave while camera was on her out the back window of vehicle as the gate closed. For whatever reason since I saw that scene I've always thought Glenn was gonna go so my mind could be just making me hear what I want to hear like our minds do sometimes. Anyway heres a link to audio you all can see for yourselves if you hear what I think I do or something completely different.
https://m.soundcloud.com/user-364948986/

Kalentan

Idk if its just me but I hear Maggie screaming Glenn along with another female but Maggies voice being much louder. Whatever they are screaming its definitely 1 syllable and with Rick and Carl being the only others there with a name thats only 1 syllable but knowing they're good from the audio I guess that only leaves Glenn as well. Or maybe they're not screaming a name at all. I also thought I could hear Glenn saying Mag.... and it getting cut off at the beginning. It also coyld be me having preconcieved notions it was gonna be Glenn since an earlier episode their was a suggestive scene to me anyway where Glenn was driving away while Maggie was at the gate watching him leave while camera was on her out the back window of vehicle as the gate closed. For whatever reason since I saw that scene I've always thought Glenn was gonna go so my mind could be just making me hear what I want to hear like our minds do sometimes. Anyway heres a link to audio you all can see for yourselves if you hear what I think I do or something completely different.

You probably should spoiler tag all of that. I spoiler tagged it for my quote.

flattie

Shit. This game looks so good. The attention to detail is just astounding. While I'd love a new IP once they're done, the idea if this kind of quality finding its way into the Last of Us universe has me salivating.

AngryMoth

I don't get how this game can look so much better than anything else I've seen on ps4. Can't wait.

My one little niggle is that I wish they could have made the grappling rope a more dynamic system rather than been locked to predefined points.

People will keep saying things until S7E1. Fuck AMC for that cliffhanger though, I'm getting Dexter flashbacks where I kept watching that show for way longer than I should have
continued spoiler talk
I agree, fuck amc. this is fucking bullshit. i'm so infuriated, not like losing sleep but i can't believe they're getting a pass/getting away with this shit.
not much discussion there lol
I believe that is the same sound bite I heard that night and I also think some other news outlet tried to discredit this "theory" or whatever but I think it could be right. anyways, I agree with the other guy that you should spoiler tag your post.

GribbleGrunger

Dreams in Digital
I haven't watched any videos. I'm proud.

I'm feeling rather weak this morning though.

I've watched every video several times. I'm ashamed. It's only about an hours worth of play overall though and that's not much from what is likely to be a 20 hour game.

Top Bottom