• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

1st psp Downloadable content for a game

Panajev2001a

GAF's Pleasant Genius
Downloadable content at a cost on XBL = GOOD.

Downloadable content at a cost on PSP = BAD.

Nice double-standard GA :).

mr2mike

Banned
hey, I already said I goofed, what with not seeing the pro section in the duo page. Besides, I dont think they meant for anyone to remember these things considering the lenght of the names... and the amount... Memory stick, memory stick select, memory stick pro, memory stick duo, "Memory Stick Pro Duo with MagicGate". Oi...

Anyway, god Bless Sandisk, saved a few bucks with 'em on my plain vanilla 128mb mem stick for my cybershot.

Panajev2001a said:
Mr2Mike, get your facts... straight before bitching :p.

PSP uses Memory Stick Pro Duo which maxes at 512 MB for now and it is not that expensive either: $49.98 for a 128 MB Memory Stick Pro Duo module.

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B0000TN0X0/002-3298150-6974400?v=glance

Sandisk is the co-inventor of the PRO format together with Sony, they are reliable.

Well that's one less game I could buy, and still not very large for $50. Rip off in my mind, but eh whatever. I hope the consoles don't stick to this silly memory card crap. I honestly hope the GB never goes disc based, at least not until we can easily burn data on to them.

Anywho, is there a cheaper version? Because seriosly, $50 for something to save data on is a tad pricy. Especially since I will only be using it for that. I already own a MP3 player which the PSP can't even play. And if downloadable content is going to cost money...

Top Bottom