• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

1up says PS3 megaton cold be eminent- ITT: we speculate our balls off!

Ether_Snake said:
Won't happen. Sony wants to compete with Apple.

I think the Megaton is either a Blizzard exclusive MMO for PS3 (and PC), or it's some major inter-connectivity thing between the PS3 and PSP as well as the PS2 catalogue, as well as a new service for it all and music and movies and game rentals, etc.

Basically, all games on PS2, PS1, or PSP, playable on PS3. And if you want to play any of those on PSP using remote play you can.

Probably too good for Sony to manage to do something like this though.

Compete with Apple in online music services? HAHA. If they got Itunes on the PS3, dont you think Sony would also get a slice of the pie. As if they would let Apple get it all free. Sony might get 5 cents or so a song..which could end up making them millions.

Nizz

Replacing the triggers on the Dualshock 3 with the good old buttons of the Dualshock 2 would make my day...

Pistolero

Or...

The keynote starts. Everything is dark. One spotlight. Empty. Then Tretton steps in it. Silence for a moment. Then he says "Ladies and Gentlemen, I give you this." Lights out. Screen starts showing PS3 games, just games. First the ones everyone's expecting, Uncharted 2, R&C, GOW3, Heavy Rain, MAG, WKC. The crowd is going "yeah, allright!". Then the ones we might sort of be expecting like GT5 with damage in all car makes, Yakuza 3 US/EU, EyePet. Crowd's "yeah cool, allright!". Then the fun starts with MGS5 exclusive, runs at 60fps, crowd goes "WOW!", Eight Days and The Getaway are back from the dead and nearing gold status, people gasp with the surprise, Secret PS3 Games (yeah that's right, 3 of them, not one!), crowd can't believe their eyes at the magnificence, there are some seizures, paramedics intervene, too late for some, then Project Trico's latest build, a magnificent 10 minute trailer, people scream and cry, it's so beautiful, ratbird is Sony's new mascot, you can choose to play with your Sackboy instead of the kid and use the PSP as a second viewpoint, a sex orgy erupts in the room. Then all of a sudden the spotlight reappears over Tretton, and a second spotlight shows Phil Harrison. Tretton says "Hi Phil! And welcome back to Sony!" "It's good to be back.", says Phil, who's handholding someone else. "And I brought my friend here with me!". A third spotlight shows Wada, who proceeds to announce FF7:Remake, free as a bonus with the worldwide exclusive launch of FFXIII on Christmas 2009. "Japan never really forgave us for last year", he says. "Don't worry, we're sure all is forgiven now", say Phil and Tretton in unison. The crowd totally looses control, sweat and jizz fly through the theatre, Tretton says "Well, thank you all for coming and see you next year!" All 3 go to the backstage, holding hands, lights go out. Win.

Even if this sci-fi scenario came to happen, I know some known posters would go...meh...did nothing for me ! :lol

People, THERE WILL BE NO PS3 SLIM ANNOUNCEMENT at the E, jeez !

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
Pistolero said:
Even if this sci-fi scenario came to happen, I know some known posters would go...meh...did nothing for me ! :lol

People, THERE WILL BE NO PS3 SLIM ANNOUNCEMENT at the E, jeez !

Yes there will be an announcement of the PS3 slim at the E.

AndyD

aka andydumi
n3ss said:
Such a long ridiculous thread... Thanks 1up...

My favorite part of this thread is the following type of exchange:

GAF Poster 1: Megaton if New Game X/Remake of X was announced only on PS3.
GAF Poster 2: That would be terrible. A true megaton would be if New Game Y/Remake of Y was announced only on PS3.

I laugh every time.

Its the same "my game is better than your game" argument we have every other day on here, except now its in the hypothetical.

Pistolero

FirewalkR said:
Ars mole didn't think so, sp0rsky 2.0!

(we all know it's coming, let's not waste precious conference time with it :lol)

It doesn't make any sense, unless the revised model launches in less than a month. Way to kill your current sales...

AndyD

aka andydumi
Pistolero said:
It doesn't make any sense, unless the revised model launches in less than a month. Way to kill your current sales...

This. I think it can go one of two ways:
- announce it at e3, at 399. Drop fatty to 299. When fatty exhausted at retail, slim at 299.
- don't say a word at e3, let fatty get scarce, at TGS announce with same day availability at 299, drop fatty to 279 to clear it out.

spwolf

AndyD said:
This. I think it can go one of two ways:
- announce it at e3, at 399. Drop fatty to 299. When fatty exhausted at retail, slim at 299.
- don't say a word at e3, let fatty get scarce, at TGS announce with same day availability at 299, drop fatty to 279 to clear it out.

you have to realize that they gain nothing in dropping fat to 299... they lose a lot of money.

so it is much smarter to simply sell most of your current ones at 399 and then introduce slim at 299.

people forget while slim is new and fat is old, slim should be significantly cheaper to produce

spwolf

deadatom said:
playstation 3.5 !!@!@ Will include 4 gigs of ram, 2 super cells with expandable slots for future cells. It will also include a new gpu cell + a dx 11 graphics card, and two hdmi output + built in 7.1 reciever.

Developers will have an option to create ps3.5 versions of games with and extra features and better graphics as long as the same game is ported for the older ps3 and on the same disc.

I doubt this will happen. But it could happen easily due soley to blurays immense storage space which could allow for two seperate versions of the same game to be stored on one disc. I will keep my fingers

blah, boring... nothington, unconfirmed, etc,etc.

you are joking, right?

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
Pistolero said:

Well, if it's already in production, as we already know. Why couldn't it?

spwolf said:
you have to realize that they gain nothing in dropping fat to 299... they lose a lot of money.

so it is much smarter to simply sell most of your current ones at 399 and then introduce slim at 299.

people forget while slim is new and fat is old, slim should be significantly cheaper to produce

Listen to this person. He actually seems to know what he's talking about.

Fewr said:
More e3 conference fanfiction please.
Or...

Reporters have filled the auditorium, all are in there seats. After standing in the hot sun for hours on end they are finally here at this moment. The anticipation is thick in the air. Unaware of what is about to happen, sarcastic conversations and murmurings of E3 keynotes past can be heard.

Reporter #1 - "Massive damage, LOLOLOL remember that?!"

Reporter #2 - "Riddddgeeeee Racerrrr, what a joke!"

Reporter #3 - "Man I rather be watching the Gilmore Girls now then be sitting here."

Lights suddenly cut out. The crowd is in the dark. Starting inaudibly a thin chant of a chorus accompanied by violins can be heard getting louder and louder through the air.

Chorus - "OhhhhhHHHHHHAhhhhhHAAAAAAAAAOHHHHHHHHAhhhhHHHHaaaa"

Everyone in the audience suddenly is aware that the theme of Halo is playing. Puzzled glances are exchanged among the crowd.

Doors on the stage floor suddenly give way with a loud booming noise and a shaft of light shoots in the air. Smoke is billowing on stage, lasers and strobes are firing blinding the crowd. The Halo theme music is getting louder and louder. A person veiled in shadows is slowly raised through the door in the floor. Suddenly a voice is heard as the music reaches its crescendo.

Shadowy Figure - "I Have Returned...My Children"

Spotlights open up on the stage, the shadowy figure is revealed.

Ken Kutaragi is standing before the crowd

The air is sucked out of the room as thousands of onlookers gasp for air. People standing along the edges of the room start to faint. Some begin to cry, some being to shout in joy.

Ken Kutaragi is garbed in Master Chief's armor holding his helmet in one hand and a marine shotgun in the other. Instead of his clean cut looks he has noticeably aged . His trademark dark black hair has now grayed and is long, down to his shoulders. His baby-like skin is now old and wrinkled. One eye has dark circles underneath it and a black patch is over his other eye. It looks like he has gone to hell and back.

Kutaragi - "I have come through the shadows and time to bring to you the Halo franchise.

The stage lights up brightly to reveal a warthog and the Pillar of Autumn behind him. The crowd roars. Suddenly a thousand voices are silenced outside in the Microsoft booth with thunderous applause.

Kutaragi - "Microsoft has won the battle of the last generation, but we will WIN THE WAR".

Kutaragi then pumps the shotgun he is holding with one hand. The crowd roars with cheers and applause.

Kutaragi - "I bring to you the PLAYSTATION 4!!!!

Kutaragi raises his shotgun in the air. There is a blinding flash and before the crowd stands a new playstation console on a platform. The sound the crowd makes is deafening and is shaking the very foundation of the building. The Halo theme music is blaring at this point, drowning out the shouts.

Kutaragi - "Who needs a motion controller when with the Playstation 4 I bring the 4th dimension!

The crowd suddenly realizes they are no longer in an auditorium, but on an alien planet from Halo. They are in the game!

Kutaragi - "Microsoft and Nintendo, MAKE YOUR TIME"

Kutaragi jumps into the warthog and then drives up into the Autumn. The Autumn's propulsion systems kick off sending everything into chaos. People go flying with objects, the light and heat is intense. The Autumn takes off and is gone with Kutaragi. He has left the crowd as fast as he came in.

The crowd realizes now they are back in the auditorium. Some are passed out, some blind or burned, and a few are dead from the events that had just unfolded. But all have realized that their lives have changed forever.

TalonsOfJustice

Neo Member
The announcement better be video game related. Not some stupid gimmick like rental services. And it better be original, not some remade game or rip off.

deadbeef

TalonsOfJustice said:
The announcement better be video game related. Not some stupid gimmick like rental services. And it better be original, not some remade game or rip off.

I'd be very happy if I could use Rhapsody on the PS3. Or Zune Pass on the Xbox 360. Either one, as long as I could listen to it while I was playing a game. I think either of those would be great announcements for E3.

Eaten By A Grue said:
The crowd realizes now they are back in the auditorium. Some are passed out, some blind or burned, and a few are dead from the events that had just unfolded. But all have realized that their lives have changed forever.
:lol :lol :lol WTF

Acosta

Eaten By A Grue said:

:lol :lol :lol

Brilliant!

arg2bad

WhiteAce said:
my own crazy balls out nut job scenario for E3 Sony conf :

LIGHTS GO DOWN OMG OMG OMG lights come up OMG OMG
PS3 SLIM is there
in a glass case
PSP Slide is also there

OMG TWITTER EXPLOSIONS GAF 500s

PROJECTOR KICKS IN
OMG SLIM PS3 OMG OMG OMG
ROLLING FOOTAGE OF THE UNIT.

KAZ WALKS UP TO THE MIC
SLOWLY LOOKS AT THE CROWD

"$699"

and walks off....

to the sound of crickets.

ha ha - this rules :D

Slurmer

Banned
*Reporters and journos sitting impatiently in front of the stage, thinking to themselves that this will be another Sony E3 dud and preparing their snarky quips*

*Suddenly everything goes black, and a Playstation Home logo is revealed on the center screen. The room is largely silent, but a few chuckles and whispers are heard. "nobody cares about Home!"*

*A spotlight follows Ken Kutaragi onto the stage. He smirks, and looks up towards the ceiling, signaling for the lights to be turned on.*

*The lights turn on, and reveal that all of those in attendence are now avatars representative of their own likeness living in their own personal Home community. Everyone is amazed, dancing, talking with one another and having a fantastic time in general. Kutagari clears his throat and everyone stops what they're doing to focus on him*

Kutagari: 4D Bitches *drops microphone and exits stage*

*The room goes black again and is filled with uproarious cheer*

OnPoint

Defuser said:
The walk away from the stage after saying something is getting fucking old. Think of something more creative.

*There is a hum of expectation in the auditorium as the media awaits Sony's conference. What will they announce? Will the PS3 Slim be coming, or a maybe a price drop? PSP Go?*

*The lights dim. Kaz takes the stage. He walks up to the podium and the crowd goes silent.*

*Kaz turns around and walks away. As he leaves the stage, it's clear the show is over.*

Catalix

And on the sixth day the LORD David Bowie created man and woman in His image. And he saw that it was good. On the seventh day the LORD created videogames so that He might take the bloody day off for once.
Eaten By A Grue said:
Kutaragi - "Who needs a motion controller when with the Playstation 4 I bring the 4th dimension!

The crowd suddenly realizes they are no longer in an auditorium, but on an alien planet from Halo. They are in the game!
:lol :lol

Defuser said:
The walk away from the stage after saying something is getting fucking old. Think of something more creative.
Hey, Kutaragi flies off in the Pillar of Autumn and a few people are fatally injured or dead in my Sony keynote fanfic.

Eaten By A Grue said:
Kutaragi - "Microsoft has won the battle of the last generation, but we will WIN THE WAR".

Since when coming in a distant second is considering winning..:lol Last gen it was call loosing chamefuly.:lol Boy this gen has rechape the rules..

Just pointing..:D

spwolf said:

But if they are selling Slims at a profit at $399 concurrently with the Phats, wouldn't it even out?

I mean, just releasing the Slim at $299 would probably leave them in a position similar to their current one: losing a few tens of dollars per console sold.

Pffft, even if the lawyer stuff was fake its even more of a stretch to believe the other stuff about how they used a random Chinese factory to randomly make the front case stuff all for some lame one off ebay scam. Not sure I'm ready to believe these intrepid internet detectives over trustworthy sources confirming a PS3 slim is coming. Could simply be the site fishing for hits by being a sort of "reverse rumour".

OnPoint

SecretBonusPoint said:
Pffft, even if the lawyer stuff was fake its even more of a stretch to believe the other stuff about how they used a random Chinese factory to randomly make the front case stuff all for some lame one off ebay scam. Not sure I'm ready to believe these intrepid internet detectives over trustworthy sources confirming a PS3 slim is coming.

Yeah, I mean, it could still be fake, but the page at that link "disproving" it looks sketchy.

jaypah

Tormentoso said:
Since when coming in a distant second is considering winning..:lol Last gen it was call loosing chamefuly.:lol Boy this gen has rechape the rules..

Just pointing..:D

i wouldn't expect this post from you.

all jokes aside, i wouldn't call that winning either. and if that's called losing shamefully then poor Sony.

anyway, on topic i expect some TRICO stuff and that by itself should be enough. but considering how much Sony has shown recently i really think they have a lot of unannounced aces up its sleeve. i'm officially excited. Sony makes some beautiful wacky original shit. focusing on first party stuff and not being afraid to try something new makes them the most interesting of the big three this generation. imho.

panda21

whats this fake playstation home countdown thing they mention? they made a fake home countdown and then tried to sell the domain name of the fake home countdown?! why?!

seems way too elaborate just to sell a fake slim on ebay. and why would they admit it and ruin their plan?

jaypah said:
i wouldn't expect this post from you.

all jokes aside, i wouldn't call that winning either. and if that's called losing shamefully then poor Sony.

anyway, on topic i expect some TRICO stuff and that by itself should be enough. but considering how much Sony has shown recently i really think they have a lot of unannounced aces up its sleeve. i'm officially excited. Sony makes some beautiful wacky original shit. focusing on first party stuff and not being afraid to try something new makes them the most interesting of the big three this generation. imho.

Yes poor sony in deed they whent from first to last,i guest that $600 was to much,yes is call loosing chamfuly,with the 3rd party support and 1st mover advantage the xbox 360 enjoyed be in a distant second from the wii is loosing shamefuly,is like a boxing match where you have won almost all the rounds and loose the fight by knockout in the last round is sad,and sony damn it was even worst for them,even that they are not that far away hardware wise from MS.

isamu

OMFG HOLY MOTHER OF MARY IN HEAVEN I CANT BELIEVE IT WTF WHERE ARE MY SEDATIVES AAAAHHH
Eaten By A Grue said:
Or...

Reporters have filled the auditorium, all are in there seats. After standing in the hot sun for hours on end they are finally here at this moment. The anticipation is thick in the air. Unaware of what is about to happen, sarcastic conversations and murmurings of E3 keynotes past can be heard.

Reporter #1 - "Massive damage, LOLOLOL remember that?!"

Reporter #2 - "Riddddgeeeee Racerrrr, what a joke!"

Reporter #3 - "Man I rather be watching the Gilmore Girls now then be sitting here."

Lights suddenly cut out. The crowd is in the dark. Starting inaudibly a thin chant of a chorus accompanied by violins can be heard getting louder and louder through the air.

Chorus - "OhhhhhHHHHHHAhhhhhHAAAAAAAAAOHHHHHHHHAhhhhHHHHaaaa"

Everyone in the audience suddenly is aware that the theme of Halo is playing. Puzzled glances are exchanged among the crowd.

Doors on the stage floor suddenly give way with a loud booming noise and a shaft of light shoots in the air. Smoke is billowing on stage, lasers and strobes are firing blinding the crowd. The Halo theme music is getting louder and louder. A person veiled in shadows is slowly raised through the door in the floor. Suddenly a voice is heard as the music reaches its crescendo.

Shadowy Figure - "I Have Returned...My Children"

Spotlights open up on the stage, the shadowy figure is revealed.

Ken Kutaragi is standing before the crowd

The air is sucked out of the room as thousands of onlookers gasp for air. People standing along the edges of the room start to faint. Some begin to cry, some being to shout in joy.

Ken Kutaragi is garbed in Master Chief's armor holding his helmet in one hand and a marine shotgun in the other. Instead of his clean cut looks he has noticeably aged . His trademark dark black hair has now grayed and is long, down to his shoulders. His baby-like skin is now old and wrinkled. One eye has dark circles underneath it and a black patch is over his other eye. It looks like he has gone to hell and back.

Kutaragi - "I have come through the shadows and time to bring to you the Halo franchise.

The stage lights up brightly to reveal a warthog and the Pillar of Autumn behind him. The crowd roars. Suddenly a thousand voices are silenced outside in the Microsoft booth with thunderous applause.

Kutaragi then pumps the shotgun he is holding with one hand. The crowd roars with cheers and applause.

Kutaragi - "I bring to you the PLAYSTATION 4!!!!

Kutaragi raises his shotgun in the air. There is a blinding flash and before the crowd stands a new playstation console on a platform. The sound the crowd makes is deafening and is shaking the very foundation of the building. The Halo theme music is blaring at this point, drowning out the shouts.

Kutaragi - "Microsoft and Nintendo, MAKE YOUR TIME"

Kutaragi jumps into the warthog and then drives up into the Autumn. The Autumn's propulsion systems kick off sending everything into chaos. People go flying with objects, the light and heat is intense. The Autumn takes off and is gone with Kutaragi. He has left the crowd as fast as he came in.

....the FUCK??? :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

jaypah

Tormentoso said:
Yes poor sony in deed they whent from first to last,i guest that $600 was to much,yes is call loosing chamfuly,with the 3rd party support and 1st mover advantage the xbox 360 enjoyed be in a distant second from the wii is loosing shamefuly,is like a boxing match where you have won almost all the rounds and loose the fight by knockout in the last round is sad,and sony damn it was even worst for them,even that they are not that far away hardware wise from MS.

yeah, but they kicked so much ass the last 2 gens. oh well, as long as they're making AAA games i don't care if they sell one or one billion.

Top Bottom