• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

1Up Show 4.2 (WoW, Castlevania: PoR, Rainbow 6 Vegas, Sony Gamer's Day, Bully)

Mrbob

m0dus said:
Wait until you've played both, man. Jeez. Talk about counting your chickens . . . :)

And also--a big blow for MS that TWO AAA games are coming to their system in Nov? Wha? :lol

Who says Gears is a AAA title?? ;)

Don't hurt me Denog!!!

As much as I want to get Burning Crusade, I wont have anytime to play it. Between the PS3 launch, backlog of games, school and work, I have too little time.

Y2Kevbug11 said:
John throwing the dodgeball :lol
That was great. This was one of the best shows I've seen in awhile, I thought all the segments were great. Castlevania, R6 and Bully all look really fun, and even though I don't play WoW I thought the game looked great. Bully especially looks really interesting, I've got to pick it up soon.

They complained a bit about the environments in Castlevania but I dunno some of it looked better than the stuff in Dawn of Sorrow, like that destroyed upside-down village or whatever it was.

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
Mrbob said:
Who says Gears is a AAA title?? ;)

Don't hurt me Denog!!!

What have I been telling you for weeks? Gears and Rainbow are the games I am definitely getting. This just solidifies it. But I have to admit, seeing the R6 stuff REALLY made me miss the days of playing on XBL with Scoot and all the others in the first Rainbow Six 3. I am actually a little more excited about Rainbow than Gears for that reason.

Draft

Nice as Vegas looks, I can't get pass my PC bias. Friggen regenerating health. It's just wrong. Wouldn't be so terrible except that it appears Ubi isn't going to make console AND pc versions of Rainbow 6 anymore- there's just going to be the one version. Bleh.

Ryu

Holy hell Vegas looks amazing. I had a feeling about this game back when they first demo'd it at trade shows, but now it's totaly confirmed. Incredible. Can't wait to get that baby up and running on Live.

Kodiak

Not an asshole.
I keep hearing *meh* opinions about gears cover system from these 1up shows and podcasts lately, its really distilling the hype for me.

I mean the writing is hokey, the characters are dumb, the character designs are dumb, and now one of the two biggest draws for me, "stop and pop" is coming off as sorta iffy. The only thing that still has me jazzed are the graphics. 60 bucks right before the PS3 and Wii is a tough sell, I'm definately gonna need some convincing other than "best graphics evar"

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
Sony day was crappy. YOU'RE PAYING FOR POTENTIAL!!!! Or to put a trailer on your PSP until then.

Cdammen

Canis Canem Edit (Bully) is mine, it's awesome² :)

**** you Burning Crusade! You look nice and all but I hate MMORPGs... I hate grinding... the games gets so extremely repetitive and boring... STOP TEMPTING ME!!!

Razoric

Banned
Cdammen said:
Canis Canem Edit (Bully) is mine, it's awesome² :)

**** you Burning Crusade! You look nice and all but I hate MMORPGs... I hate grinding... the games gets so extremely repetitive and boring... STOP TEMPTING ME!!!

Do it... doo it.

One of the new instances is "Caves of Time" or some bullshit where you can interact with the last mission from WC3. :O :O :O

I'm there.

Scotch

This episode sold me on Vegas. It looks like shooting a guy feels really good, with the blood and everything. I loved GRAW and I think this game will be even better.

Also, I sold my PS2 too ****ing early.

Great episode overall, all the segments were enjoyable. I loved the dodgeball bits and Luke bashing his send/receive button :lol

Draft said:
Nice as Vegas looks, I can't get pass my PC bias. Friggen regenerating health. It's just wrong. Wouldn't be so terrible except that it appears Ubi isn't going to make console AND pc versions of Rainbow 6 anymore- there's just going to be the one version. Bleh.

I too have R6 PC bias. I detest both R63 and Lockdown and I still believe nothing has touched Ravenshield yet. But at the same time, I kinda agree with what CliffyB said in that Egmlive podcast a couple of weeks back, in that R6 has always had the issue of trying to pass off Clunky as tactical. I've always loved PC Rainbow games for its realism and gunplay, but always felt they could never actually get the "tactical" segments (IE the preplanning stage) to be well.....fun! and I've been playing since Rainbow Six btw, so I've seen all of their interations.
At the same time, like I said, I just didn't feel the whole "action-movie" approach they took with the console varients - 3 and Lockdown. Hell, Lockdown is just an embarressment to the name
With that though, for some reason, I finally think the series could hit its stride between fun and tactical, with Vegas (with me that is, I know there are legions of people who love the console versions and I respect that). The gunplay looks visceral as ever! and the customization looks like it will make it a really personal like experience. I love the tagging system and think it what was needed badly. I just got so burnt out on the whole premapping thing that worked 2 outta 5 times, in the PC versions.

so Rainbow Six Vegas go!!!!

Tiktaalik

Another fabulous episode from 1up. You guys are really great at putting this thing together. All the skits this week were great as well.

Zaxxon said:
Another fabulous episode from 1up. You guys are really great at putting this thing together. All the skits this week were great as well.

...I still thought the skits where unfunny as ever and still skip past them =/

Tiktaalik

AgentOtaku said:
...I still thought the skits where unfunny as ever and still skip past them =/

Well for me the skits don't have to be laugh out loud funny, but I like how they break up the reviews and how they show what the people in the show are really like. It adds depth. Having the Bully run around nailing people periodically in the show was fun.

Bad_Boy

time to take my meds
no footage from gamers day? bummer. :X
rainbow six looked sweet, i think ill be picking that up @ launch.

good show overall.

dante786

Banned
Rainbow Six is gonna be amazing, the multiplayer looks incredible, and i just got through playing the demo and thought it was fantastic. All this R6 PWNS GOW talk is probably a little premature though, the previews HAVE been positive, did anyone look at stinkles and che's most recent comments in that GOW thread, the game is going to own guys.

Draft said:

The sad thing is the reasoning behind it. Ubi doesn't want to punish the players just because they make mistakes, or because the tactic used by the player didn't cut it. Isn't that the ****ing point of a tactical shooter in the first place, to actually have to use tactics in order to clear a mission? ****ing weak.

AltogetherAndrews said:
The MP in R6 doesn't look so hot, graphically. Looks muddy, and stilty.

The multiplayer footage with the "Rainbow Six Vegas" watermark in the bottom-left hand corner comes from a video that Ubi released a few days ago... the compression isn't the best, and so it looks kinda muddy. The footage without the watermark is the stuff we took with our own capture gear, and it looks much better imo. I wouldn't worry too much about the graphics, though. it's hot. not GOW hot, but then, what is ;)

Razoric

Banned
MikeHaggar said:
i'm at work and can't watch the show... what system is wow for? pc expansion pack or x360/ps3?

Burning Crusade PC expansion pack.

-world-of-warcraft-the-burning-crusade-collectors-edition--20061004024509207-000.jpg

Yummmy

Kal

Everytime I see Shane I see Sony tattooed on his forehead. Everytime he speaks all I hear is "Make me cum Sony, MAKE ME CUM!"

I don't like him :/

PolyGone

Banned
jgkspsx said:
Wait, they agree that CIRCLE OF THE MOON is the only crappy Castlevania? Huh?

nah, they're talking about Castlevanias post Symphony...

anyway great ep, hilarious dodgeball antics were a nice touch

jgkspsx

PolyGone said:
nah, they're talking about Castlevanias post Symphony...
Even so, Harmony of Dissonance is a pretty awful game.

Edit: And Circle of the Moon was a great game in every way except graphics/art design and music fidelity.

Top Bottom