• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

1Up Show 4.2 (WoW, Castlevania: PoR, Rainbow 6 Vegas, Sony Gamer's Day, Bully)

MickeyKnox said:
I prefer the PC for my shooters (as would any sane person) but I don't generally care enough about console shooters to complain about them.
Rainbow Six however was one of my favorite series and it went from being awesome to trash specifically because of UBI whoring it out to consoles and dumbing the game down to the point where it was "just another fps"
They ruined not just R6 but GR as well and for that I'm bitter.

I played FPSes on PCs as much as the next guy, but I can appreciate them on both platforms. GRAW is fucking fantastic on the 360. Stop being bitter and jump in!

ziran

great show!

i think i enjoy the shows more when there are different people on it, along with a few regulars. this episode had a nice balance.

castlevania por looks and sounds good. the level structure is interesting.

Shogmaster said:
I played FPSes on PCs as much as the next guy, but I can appreciate them on both platforms. GRAW is fucking fantastic on the 360. Stop being bitter and jump in!
Never.
The PC vs Console FPS argument is exactly like the allegory of the cave and even more so for a game like Rainbow Six.

World of Warcraft to me is bigger than the 360, Wii, or PS3 :). That just looks so fun, and I'll play the hell out of it. I'd love to play Bully, but I'm not buying a PS2 again hehe :)

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
I am really excited about Rainbow Six. So much so, I went out and bought the Vsion Pack (the 12 month XBL renewal with the Camera, Uno, Robotron, and 200 points) for $79.99. A pretty darn good value if you need to renew XBL. I also bought the WSOP game so I could test out the Digital Facemapping tech and it works really well.

And seeing I played a bunch of Rainbow on PC and Xbox, I can say that I really started liking the series when it went to R63. And I really, really enjoyed playing with people on XBL.

Caaz

jgkspsx said:
Wait, they agree that CIRCLE OF THE MOON is the only crappy Castlevania? Huh?
Wait... they... they said that? Circle of the Moon was, is incredible... I love this game, the songs are great (Clockwork from Castlevania III is my favorite song in the whole series, and there's a lot more) even though they're only remixes, the graphics, dark on GBA (didn't stop me to replay it on every mode), look good on a DS, and probably better on a DSl, the animation is lacking but it doesn't matter since the whole game is just... woah. The DSS system isn't perfect, but there's so much fun effects...

And I don't know why, but I think it ages better than Aria of Sorrow. Maybe because AoS has an incredible sequel...

Harmony of Dissonnance... let's forget this one. Maybe was it just a joke to make AoS feel better...

No way I'm going to believe their impressions on Portrait of Ruin, now.

Razoric

Banned
HocusPocus said:
World of Warcraft to me is bigger than the 360, Wii, or PS3 :). That just looks so fun, and I'll play the hell out of it. I'd love to play Bully, but I'm not buying a PS2 again hehe :)

:D

Willy Wanka

my god this avatar owns
Good show this week. All the games looked great, especially Castlevania & Rainbow Six.

John has great dodgeball technique :lol

Safe Bet

Banned
MickeyKnox said:
Never.
The PC vs Console FPS argument is exactly like the allegory of the cave.
So do you think us console players aren’t smart enough to understand what that means?

*angry barbaric response*

Anyways...

I thought it was a good show but the “acting” was pretty obvious at times. :(

Oh..

Dude, put the cigarette down. You're too old to start smoking now.

isamu

OMFG HOLY MOTHER OF MARY IN HEAVEN I CANT BELIEVE IT WTF WHERE ARE MY SEDATIVES AAAAHHH
Wario64 said:
Looks like it's done now

wario the wmv version does not work and gives me an error during the process of the download.....mirror?

Safe Bet

Banned
It has been confirmed you'll be able to stream media from your PS3 to your PSP via hotspots, correct?

Is so, there needs to be a correction in the next show.

PS...

Welcome to the Dark Side John. ;)

Top Bottom