• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

1Up Show 4.2 (WoW, Castlevania: PoR, Rainbow 6 Vegas, Sony Gamer's Day, Bully)

another great show...

was anyone else hoping for more great vegas ads?

speaking of vegas, i'm *almost* sold on it...

just need to hear about their control config options...

hyp

f_elz said:
im more excited for RS6 now O_O

tell me about it. r6s was not even on my radar until watching this footage. great show again 1UP. i love the new intro, very motion graphicky. who does those anyway, ryan?

hyp said:
tell me about it. r6s was not even on my radar until watching this footage. great show again 1UP. i love the new intro, very motion graphicky. who does those anyway, ryan?

i came up with the concept, my friend did the after effects while i watched, and alejandro, one of the OPM artists, took (and processed) the photos.

hyp

binaryburrito said:
i came up with the concept, my friend did the after effects while i watched, and alejandro, one of the OPM artists, took the photos.

awesome, i use after effects for all the stuff i do at work so i totally appreciate that kinda work. i've also been a fan of the stylized color correction you do for the show. looks great.

/video nerd off

hyp said:
awesome, i use after effects for all the stuff i do at work so i totally appreciate that kinda work. i've also been a fan of the stylized color correction you do for the show. looks great.

/video nerd off

:)

rage1973

Wow I am so impressed with Rainbow Six. Dare I say that Rainbow Six Vegas > GOW and Resistance? Man I don't think I am going to be getting much sleep once RS and GOW comes out.

sky

Another solid episode, good job.
I liked the idea about editing the same show we were watching... :lol

fallout said:
:lol

Seeing Mark get hit with the ball got a good laugh out of me.
definitely :lol

Aruarian Reflection

Chauffeur de la gdlk
polg said:
what's with all the Halo 3 bs in the last couple of episodes?

EGM has the exclusive Halo 3 unveiling in their next issue I believe. They're just hyping their issue up.

The Halo 3 cel is so awesome. It reminds me of the Halo 2 cel that was given at the multiplayer playtest during E3 2004, same certificate of authenticity design and everything.

Burger

binaryburrito said:
i came up with the concept, my friend did the after effects while i watched, and alejandro, one of the OPM artists, took (and processed) the photos.

Is there a name for the effect on the photos ? It looks pretty surreal. If there is no name, how was it done ??

The R6 segment was so ****ing annoying. I'm sorry but you are NOT an "old, way back, or hardcore" rainbow six fan if the first one you played was #3 on the Xbox.
**** off.
Seriously.

MARK GAMEVIDEOS SI BORKEN AGAIN!

johnvsmarkdodgeball23jq0.gif

MickeyKnox said:
The R6 segment was so ****ing annoying. I'm sorry but you are NOT an "old, way back, or hardcore" rainbow six fan if the first one you played was #3 on the Xbox.
**** off.
Seriously.

Yeah, that was pretty damned stupid.

MickeyKnox said:
**** off.
Seriously.

yeah, I did laugh at that too :lol

Macam

Banned
No offense to anyone on the crew, but I have to say I think it's grand how utterly disheveled some of you guys on the 1Up crew are becoming. Luke's just a walking talking WoW-obsessed beard* and Mark looks like he walked out of a co-op in Seattle from 1996. That and I'm pretty sure Sean operates via SIXAXIS.

Good show as always.

*the beard may be its own independent entity

Joates

Banned
Watching this ep really sent my anticipation for R6 through the roof. Im almost willing to say I am more looking forward to going online with this game than I am with GoW.

MickeyKnox said:
R6 as a series has been castrated by UBIsoft so I strongly disagree.

Played through R6 Vegas already? How was it? ;)

I mean, we are both making statements about the game like we are 4 months from the future so I'm thinking one of us is from the "good" future and the other is from the "evil" alternate future, right? Surely, my future is the "good" one!

mood

Holy shit R6 Vegas looks hot. If that is still coming out with Gears it will be $120 of joy. Also who cares if they arent omg hardcore R6 fans from the PC. The game they had most fun with was R6 3 on xbox and thats all that matters to them when looking for things in the upcoming Vegas.

mood said:
Holy shit R6 Vegas looks hot. If that is still coming out with Gears it will be $120 of joy. Also who cares if they arent omg hardcore R6 fans from the PC. The game they had most fun with was R6 3 on xbox and thats all that matters to them when looking for things in the upcoming Vegas.

Actually, I couldn't stand R6 3 on XBox. I ripped on it at GAF many times (especially the fucking gigantic head shot hit box that makes it almost impossible NOT to get a head shot! :lol).

No, my excitement for R6 Vegas comes from the shit they showed on the 1up show videos. That cover system seems like a work of a genius. Pull back on the trigger to hold the cover sounds perfect!

Shogmaster said:
Played through R6 Vegas already? How was it? ;)

I mean, we are both making statements about the game like we are 4 months from the future so I'm thinking one of us is from the "good" future and the other is from the "evil" alternate future, right? Surely, my future is the "good" one!
UBI has yet to make a good R6 game, and from everything I've seen of this game its going to be yet another bastardization of the Rainbow Six name.

MickeyKnox said:
UBI has yet to make a good R6 game, and from everything I've seen of this game its going to be yet another bastardization of the Rainbow Six name.

This could be a good one. Ever think of that possibility? :p

Shogmaster said:
This could be a good one. Ever think of that possibility? :p
Well considering its missing so much of what makes a good rainbow six game and its *shudders* a console centric R6 that pretty much bars it from being anything but a travesty.

MickeyKnox said:
Well considering its missing so much of what makes a good rainbow six game and its *shudders* a console centric R6 that pretty much bars it from being anything but a travesty.

Cripes, another PC or die fanatic....

Shogmaster said:
Cripes, another PC or die fanatic....
I prefer the PC for my shooters (as would any sane person) but I don't generally care enough about console shooters to complain about them.
Rainbow Six however was one of my favorite series and it went from being awesome to trash specifically because of UBI whoring it out to consoles and dumbing the game down to the point where it was "just another fps"
They ruined not just R6 but GR as well and for that I'm bitter.

Top Bottom