• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

1Up Show 6.11 (Blizzcon, Quakecon, Mass Effect, Everyday Shooter)

bud

BenjaminBirdie said:
WHOA.

Get ready for some serious Mass Effect bashing in this thread. You'll know it when you hear it.

:lol

i'm up for bashing the facial expressions and the voice acting but that's about it. the gameplay always seemed fine to me unless there's somethng i didn't know about.

*starts watching*

bud said:
i'm up for bashing the facial expressions and the voice acting but that's about it. the gameplay always seemed fine to me unless there's somethng i didn't know about.

*starts watching*

One of those is correct.

I just got up to Combat Party Command reveal. Step aside, Bioshock.

PleoMax

Banned
bud said:

*starts watching*

lol

Thermite

Starcraft II looks fantastic. I have actually never played the first one, so I'm thinking about check it out and seeing what the hype is about. did it hold up well over time?

Gattsu25

Banned
OMG at the song when they were showing how you choose character class in Mass Effect

I want that OST!!

edit: I'm personally a fan of synth heavy game music (Mass Effect looks to be the next big game with this style after Manhunt)

SPEA

Wow at Mass Effect. Character creation looks amazing. Music is incredible as well. Like others, I was worried about the combat, but it looks great in the video. Very intense. Good shit.

theBishop

Banned
Gattsu25 said:
"lesser of two evils"

The lyrics in the "extended" version during the credits are just offensively awful.

"Hey! I don't wanna take it nice and slow... I wanna get 'ready to go'... On the 1up Show!"

Anything that rhymes with "oh" is tossed in. I know it started as just a fledgling video podcast, but now that its probably the single best weekly show on videogames, it really has to be better.

Hell, just the guitar riff with no singing would be better.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Gattsu25 said:
OMG at the song when they were showing how you choose character class in Mass Effect

I want that OST!!

edit: I'm personally a fan of synth heavy game music (Mass Effect looks to be the next big game with this style after Manhunt)

Isn't that 1up show music? I think I might play as the default look. I'm afraid I'll just come up with something as ugly as I had to play as in Oblivion.

edit: oh, i see, when they go back to the screen. yah.

I like how they're speculating about how someone who doesn't bring Wrex into their party will have a completely different experience.

WHO'S GOING TO SKIP OUT ON THE KING??

ezekial45

Banned
I didn't even know Mass Effect had a character customization option. I feel so out of the loop.

Left 4 Dead still looks amazing. I'm glad we finally got to see footage of the boss zombies. Vomiting appears to be an attack with takes time to charge, but it looks fun to use.

Everyday Shooter has a lot more depth than i thought. Once i get a PS3, this will be the first game i get on the PSN.

Tobor

BenjaminBirdie said:
I like how they're speculating about how someone who doesn't bring Wrex into their party will have a completely different experience.

WHO'S GOING TO SKIP OUT ON THE KING??

I don't quite get why anyone would pass on any of the characters unless you're forced to. Is that the case?

PjotrStroganov said:
Our xbox fanboy has gone mad.:D

Whaaaaaat?

Friendship.jpg

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Yeah Mass Effect looks like something I could get married to.

Is that legal yet

i want to get married to mass effect

Thermite

Y2Kev said:
Yeah Mass Effect looks like something I could get married to.

Is that legal yet

i want to get married to mass effect

you could be the first to do something like that Kev, you could bring about a revolution. :lol

Top Bottom