• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

1Up Show 6.11 (Blizzcon, Quakecon, Mass Effect, Everyday Shooter)

Porkepik

DSL,2 hours ???, i'm on cable(6mbps) and at current speed it'll take about 10 minutes to be done.

First time I download the show, mass effect effect in action....

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
BenjaminBirdie said:
Exactly! Everybody has a game they want to have sex with. Oh it's SO hilarious isn't it.

:lol

well, some people want to have sex with sonic

and that's just weird.

jet1911

Jesus Christ Mass Effect will own my soul.

EDIT: Holy shit @ the sound and the music during the combat. Double dose of awesome! :eek:

Thermite

there hasn't been a single thing about Mass Effect that I haven't liked so far. after watching this video footage, the wait is going to be even harder.

so many incredibly great games are coming out this year, it's really going to be hard to pick a GoTY.

edit: :lol @ the end segment, John was priceless. much better show this week, I really enjoyed it guys! :D

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Oh wow, Mass Effect looks great. This may be the first game I'll intentionally turn off the subtitles if there is an option

Best episode in a while. Mass Effect is looking as awesome as ever, but damn does Everyday Shooter look so fucking good!

When Sony? WHEN?

Belfast

Awesome content for this episode. :)

I want the Blizz stuff/Mass Effect/Everyday Shooter so frickin' bad!

id's kind of lost its relevance to me, though. I suppose some of the tech stuff they do these days is great, but it seems that other companies like Valve are just that much better at filling out game content than they are. It's hard for me to get excited over their products. :(

The only part of the Quakecon stuff that really attracted me was Left4Dead.

Wario64 said:
Oh wow, Mass Effect looks great. This may be the first game I'll intentionally turn off the subtitles if there is an option

Give me subtitles or give me death. I remember trying to play KOTOR without them and holy christ was that a mistake. Carth would start talking and I'd start dozing off.

You know, I may end up using the default character model in Mass Effect. I've grown to like the character in just that form.

PleoMax

Banned
DoctorWho said:
You know, I may end up using the default character model in Mass Effect. I've grown to like the character in just that form.

I allways try to make the character look like me whenever i have the chance to. Helps me immerse, and somehow really live the "Be the action star" kind of thing.

Belfast

PleoMax said:
I allways try to make the character look like me whenever i have the chance to. Helps me immerse, and somehow really live the "Be the action star" kind of thing.

I'm too doughy to convince myself I'm a space marine, even if I plaster my own face on him. :(

Blizzcon looks like it was a blast. You can see it in Jeff's genuine enthusiasm with the "these are our people" comment.

Mass Effect looks incredible. The new scenes of facial expressions and voice acting are very impressive. Unbelievable, even; it seems so far ahead of anything else. (Added note: Aside from Heavenly Sword, which looks amazing as well.) Even the character customization; not so much in freedom (I've seen it before in MMOs), but in how realistically it's done. Can't wait to see it done that well in a MMO. BioWare Austin, stat.

Mifune

Mehmber
Wow, Mass Effect and Everyday Shooter look incredible.

And Y2Kev can totally marry Mass Effect. It will be like that William Gibson book. I get to be the best man.

Gowans

Everything looks so good,

Left 4 Dead (shame it would kill my pc) and Mass Effect stuck out to me.

Mass Effect just ticks every box out there and its looking prettier and smoother than ever, nice incite into the combat system too, it all looks so slick, think I might need to take a day off on realese :)

/no way I'm reading the book tho.

Y2Kev

So it's official. You are all invited. Mifune is the best man. Who wants to be Mass Effect's maid of honor?

I am going to go start masseffectpassion.com. We're partnering with sonicpassion.com.

Lo-Volt

Awesome show, and Everyday Shooter sounds and looks pretty good. I'd be more excited for Mass Effect if I had a 360, but it still looks like a very ambitious title.

sankao

The Mass Effect footage was awesome. Every single second of it. It seems that the framerate has vastly improved too. I hope they find a way to at least have 2xAA for the final game.

dionysus

Yaldog
Y2Kev said:
So it's official. You are all invited. Mifune is the best man. Who wants to be Mass Effect's maid of honor?

I am going to go start masseffectpassion.com. We're partnering with sonicpassion.com.

I am at work, and am afraid to click that link. Real? Also, I think the maid of honor should be a videogame like ME is the bride. I nominate any game with the DOA girls.

Gowans

ezekial45 said:
It's coming for the 360, but i'm sure most players will want the PC version to take advantage of the mods and such.

yeah I'll be all over it on 360, it really would blow up my poor old PC.

Cant wait Zombies + Online = YES!

man am I glad I'm changing internet providers on monday. BT have started traffic controlling not just torrents but fricken http between 4pm - 12am. D/l at 120kb instead of 300kb fuckem.

Y2Kev

dionysus said:
I am at work, and am afraid to click that link. Real? Also, I think the maid of honor should be a videogame like ME is the bride. I nominate any game with the DOA girls.

oh sp is real dude

Left 4 Dead is awesome as per usual (fuck them for Valve-timing it)

Mass Effect was hothothot, the only small nitpick I have is that because the conversation tree and facial animation are well implemented the "gamey-ness" of the characters placements and standing while talking is kinda jarring for me. Because I'm not just reading a text box to get what ever info from an npc but actually interacting with a performance I'm now looking at the whole frame and trying to read body language along with facial expression and the facial animation work is so good that it makes the otherwise acceptable body animations stick out like sore thumb. Gameplay looked fucking ace and once again the sound production is pure sex.

Everyday shooter is really fucking awesome, insta buy for me.

PleoMax

Banned
ezekial45 said:
How is that sad?

Sad that you would be so dismissive that it's on the 360. Almost like you had something against it, and doing already a bit of damage control with "most players will want to play it on the PC because of mods and such".

I just don't understand why you felt like doing that.

Top Bottom