• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

1Up Show 6.11 (Blizzcon, Quakecon, Mass Effect, Everyday Shooter)

traveler

Not Wario
Best show in a long time. Fantastic footage and discussion all around. Is Everyday Shooter on anything besides PS3? I want it badly and I don't want to wait until I buy a PS3 next year. :(

saelz8

traveler said:
Best show in a long time. Fantastic footage and discussion all around. Is Everyday Shooter on anything besides PS3? I want it badly and I don't want to wait until I buy a PS3 next year. :(
It's PSN exclusive

Woo-Fu

Banned
Getting 1.2MB/sec at work, almost done, time to get a sandwich, a soda, the headphones, and then lock the office door.

ezekial45

Banned
PleoMax said:
Sad that you would be so dismissive that it's on the 360. Almost like you had something against it, and doing already a bit of damage control with "most players will want to play it on the PC because of mods and such".

I just don't understand why you felt like doing that.

I have nothing against the 360. I do acknowledge the 360 release of L4D, but all i'm trying to say is that the PC version will be ripe with opportunity for user created content. I understand that there are people who won't be able to play the game with their current PC, hence the release for the 360, but for the person with a capable unit it is the better buy with the "additional content". Any implied hate towards the 360 in my earlier post was completely unintentional. I probably shouldn't have said "Most people".

Mrbob

Holy crap at Mass Effect.

Game looks much better now.

Gun mechanics look nicer.

Frame rate much more stable.

Command system revamped and improved.

Game is back on my buy list now.

Kabouter

Mrbob said:

That.
And I mean precisely that.

GashPrex

NeoGaf-Gold™ Member
The great thing is that they still have 3 months to polish mass effect, I love it when games are given time to live up to their potential

Emiru

Banned
GashPrex said:
The great thing is that they still have 3 months to polish mass effect, I love it when games are given time to live up to their potential
yep, and since fable 2 is getting a whole year to polish Im even more excited for it.

mass effect looks ridiculous good.

Everyday shooter looks lke the perfect game to play on a rainy day...ALL day.

wow, I really wish this was coming to xbla....it looks and seems so incredible.

iddqd

traveler said:
Best show in a long time. Fantastic footage and discussion all around.

very true

i also was wanting more all the time (especially about quakecon) which is a great thing.

great work on the show!

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
Damn.

Can Mass Effect get any more incredible? It's got the style, the voice acting, the graphics, the music and the customisations - and more...

I'll be watching this again later a couple dozen times...

Bookey

Professional Monk
ok, ms you got me with mass effect have to get another 360 for this game MS you motherfuckers got me :(

Wollan

I love that Everyday Shooter is all about guitar strings. Uplifting mood.

Mass Effect seemed to run a bit smoother than what I've seen before (most noticeably in the indoors space ship area).

Man this show help eleviate my concerns about ME's framerate and action gameplay. I'm still not sold on that vehicle combat stuff. Still seems pretty meh to me. But that's the only thing right now i have to complain about. The game is looking fantastic

And man, i can't wait for Everyday Shooter!! That game looks awesome. The traveller mode is a great idea. Also the shuffle. Man Lumines really needed a shuffle mode

KTallguy

Banned
Mass Effect really surpassed my expectations. Looks excellent.
I thought the combat would suck, but it really doesn't look bad at all!

Everyday shooter is great, but I knew that.

Great show. :)

yukoner

WOW, Mass Effect's combat just lept forward like 6 notches.

It had always looked pretty lame, with dodgy AI, and clunky controls.

But now it's smooth, and the AI looks worlds better, the mechanics are much improved, commanding your tropps is very simple, all in all, very very nice. :D

Also, because somebody has to do it, ETA on 1upYours?

Seriously, my 8800gtx just got delivered and I'm about to start a nice long PC build so I need some background noise.

Fetch it now Wario64, I command you.

J-Rzez

The Quakecon stuff and Every Shooter really impressed me more than i thought... I expected the blizz and ME stuff to do that more... But, the Blizz stuff was, as expected, but here comes the heat I get: ME just doesn't click with me as much anymore... The story/npd interactions is absolutely totally awesome, but the combat just washed away all the excitement for me... Maybe it's just the other stuff is at such a higher lvl of wow so it really diminishes the combat, i dunno...

J-Rzez said:
The Quakecon stuff and Every Shooter really impressed me more than i thought... I expected the blizz and ME stuff to do that more... But, the Blizz stuff was, as expected, but here comes the heat I get: ME just doesn't click with me as much anymore... The story/npd interactions is absolutely totally awesome, but the combat just washed away all the excitement for me... Maybe it's just the other stuff is at such a higher lvl of wow so it really diminishes the combat, i dunno...

Well I'm getting tired myself of seeing the same demo level we've all seen before. I hope there are more impressive, if scripted, stuff later on. I hope it's not all small encounters.

Great show 1up guys and gals.

Every week the quality gets a little bit better. Nice editing, nice pacing, and nice interludes as well.

Fridays kick all kinds of ass, thanks in part to you :)

(the Left 4 Dead and Mass Effect bits especially made me drool)

Now to listen to the Bungie podcast...

J-Rzez

Littleberu said:
Well I'm getting tired myself of seeing the same demo level we've all seen before. I hope there are more impressive, if scripted, stuff later on. I hope it's not all small encounters.

I agree, maybe it's that too... or, I think also seeing more and more of Bioshock is really killing it as well...

Big-E

Mass Effect looks sick especially the combat. My only nitpick would be Shepherd's vocie. Everyone else sounds decent or great while he sounds retarded. Is there a female voice sample or different male ones?

Wollan

I had the opposite reaction. I thought Shepard and the alien sounded good and had a 'presence' while the woman (prob same for both blue alien & robot) sounded like it was directly from a mic with no sound editing.

soco

everyday shooter looked pretty cool, but judging from what they were saying and from what i could see happening i wasn't getting everything about it. i think it's one of those that requires you to play it, and i'm looking forward to doing just that.

i really liked the new mass effect stuff we saw. it was really nice, and although it looked a bit shallow, i think the whole vehicle thing looked kinda fun. if it happens more than a few times i can totally see that as getting old.

RBH

Mrbob said:

My thoughts as well.

Looks fucking incredible.

Wollan said:
I had the opposite reaction. I thought Shepard and the alien sounded good and had a 'presence' while the woman (prob same for both blue alien & robot) sounded like it was directly from a mic with no sound editing.

I got the exact same feeling from the NPC voices. They sounded completely disconnected from the local ambient noise of the scene. I know I'll end up lowering the voice volume in the game to bring it into level with the other background effects if thats an option. Hopefully that'll help.

Of course its real easy to be nitpicky about stuff like this only because the rest of the game is so utterly immersive and beautiful.

Woo-Fu

Banned
Wish they'd show some new combat areas. They're just showing the same scenes with a bit more detail each time. Still looks weak to me. Rest of the game looks outstanding though.

Mass Effect looks amazing, except for the lip-syncing which seemed a bit awkward on such realistic faces. It looks like a definite GOTY contender and damnit now I want to read the book.

Salazar

Sometimes (for me, oh so rarely) there's a moment in character creation when it just clicks - I got a goddamned surge of realism when the eyes turned blue. This thing is just like a prison for indecisive gamers - there's always going to be a cooler permutation.

another great episode, that was the best footage i've seen of Mass Effect. I'm going to check out that prequel novel in preparation for the game.

Top Bottom