• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

1UP Yours podcast 7/28/06

teiresias

Yeah, yeah, way late hearing this one.

It was a pretty interesting show, but I found it oddly humorous, containing quite a bit of internal irony.

I mean, we have this huge bruh-hah over "PR controlling information" the past few weeks over at 1up, and then the next week we have this Sega PR VP on getting interviewed, with no one really taking him to task for anything, except perhaps for Luke in some inconsequential way. Garnett was pretty much writing a valentine to the guy until he dared to utter anything positive about the PS3 at which point Garnett was obligated to go into berserk mode since, "Positive PS3 news, we cannot allow that here!!".

I also found it funny how the Sega guy's positive PS3 spin completely ruined the entire trajectory of segment 3 and the apparently "hugely negative Sony news" that was supposed to put Shane and the SDF in an uproar never materialized. Really, don't hype crap like that unless you're going to deliver.

teiresias said:
I also found it funny how the Sega guy's positive PS3 spin completely ruined the entire trajectory of segment 3 and the apparently "hugely negative Sony news" that was supposed to put Shane and the SDF in an uproar never materialized. Really, don't hype crap like that unless you're going to deliver.

That was one of the funniest parts of this week's podcast. The intro made it seem like it was the end of the world, but after the Sega segment, it was really just a "non-issue".

Odysseus

Banned
OK, so I just drove around town for no real reason except to listen to the podcast. 1up, you owe me a couple of bucks for gas.

1) This "Beige" character on their boards sounds like he has some real issues. Isn't he the same one that wrote in a week or two ago talking about how at some point he would have to sit a girl down and confess to her his love of videogames? And now this week about the "negative stigma of gaming" and about whether people lose sleep over it? Dude. Get a grip. It makes me want to go over to their boards and increase my post count from 2 just to see if this dude is as unstable as he comes across on the podcast. Oh, if dude posts here, uh... love your stuff.

2) Wii = kids console total, amirite?

3) Although, to see Sega betting so heavily on PS3 and Wii to a limited extent has to send shivers up the spines of the Sony and Wii faithful. When's the last time Sega has done anything right? Microsoft, keep your chin up, things just might work out this time.

jjasper

Odysseus said:
3) Although, to see Sega betting so heavily on PS3 and Wii to a limited extent has to send shivers up the spines of the Sony and Wii faithful. When's the last time Sega has done anything right? Microsoft, keep your chin up, things just might work out this time.
There it is I was wondering if someone would ever turn this positive into a negative. I guess it just takes time.

Amir0x

Banned
jjasper said:
There it is I was wondering if someone would ever turn this positive into a negative. I guess it just takes time.

the SEGA and CAPCOM curse is apparently the way to say even if PS3 gets more games from these companies, it's because they're connected to failure consoles. it doesn't matter that it's actually connected to great games, success is the determinate here :lol

Odysseus

Banned
I will buy a Capcom game on some system. Probably. I mean, I don't know, Lost Planet looks interesting. But, really, I'm not aware of a Capcom curse. But Sega... dear, dear Sega.

Zenith

Banned
Proelite said:
Why is Luke so biased against the ps3? :cry

Luke sleeps with his head resting on Master Chief's groin plate.

"Walk around with my wifebeater t-shirt on." Is he really approaching all M-rated games like that?

Yeah, what the hell was with all the trash-talk about M rated games? They should have totally taken him down for that. Think of all the great M rated games you've played. Imagine what the games would have been like if they weren't M-rated. MGS3 with no Raidenovich, God of War with no brutal fight moves. Heck, Resident Evil Remake was the best game Gamecube had.

Top Bottom