• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

1up's Unnamed PC Podcast: 10/16/2008

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
Ryan's Tiny Titan moment was hilarious.

I'm so glad to have the Brodeo back ;_;

Tina is an excellent addition, Matt seems to fill the hole Sean Malloy left as well. Keep up the good work dudes.

Ulairi

Banned
stuburns said:
The black MacBooks are higher spec, it's more than just a premium color option, or was, they're gone now.

(And they've cut the firewire from the standard MacBook, what the fuck Jobs?)

Larger HD != Higher specs. People were paying for colour.

Ten-Song

Okay, after going through the whole thing, I think Chuff and Max Chill ammount to about 75% of a single Shawn Elliott, but the whole crew works well together with Ryan hosting. I think they've found a decent stride, and I now fully give this podcast my blessing.

Also, Ryan's whiny nerd voice making fun of the people at the Blizzard Q&A was great.

StuBurns

Banned
Ulairi said:
Larger HD != Higher specs. People were paying for colour.
It had a 2.2GHz processor, as appose to the 2.0GHz in the white model, and had an optional 2GB RAM, 1GB RAM was the cap on the white model.
Double RAM is far from a color option.

DarkJC

stuburns said:
It had a 2.2GHz processor, as appose to the 2.0GHz in the white model, and had an optional 2GB RAM, 1GB RAM was the cap on the white model.
Double RAM is far from a color option.

There was a matching white model with the same processor spec, and every single MacBook has 2 RAM slots. I'm not sure if they eventually differentiated the black one from the better of the two white ones, but at launch it worked out you were paying something like $50 or $100 for the color.

EDIT: At launch, it appears it was $150 extra for the black after configuring a white MacBook to it's exact specs. After the refresh, that premium was shortened to $50.

And on topic, this podcast was GREAT. Glad to see Robert is back, keep this group together!

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
Spire said:
"Tiny Titans" :lol

2yuwu3t.gif

StuBurns

Banned
DarkJC said:
There was a matching white model with the same processor spec, and every single MacBook has 2 RAM slots. I'm not sure if they eventually differentiated the black one from the better of the two white ones, but at launch it worked out you were paying something like $50 or $100 for the color.

And on topic, this podcast was GREAT. Glad to see Robert is back, keep this group together!

Maybe when they first launched they were the same, but all I know is in the UK the black MacBook had higher specs and higher optional specs then the white one. It was not just a different color.

But on-topic, as you say.

I enjoyed the podcast, much better then last week, I look forward to it.

Mindlog

flubber

The podcast is really coming together pretty fucking quick.

protip: never build protoss scouts, they suck ass

The podcast is Nerds at Play
the NAP
subtitled 'comics - gaming - wisdom'
Just a relaxing podcast to be entertained by.
The intro music is a nursery rhyme ended by a fart sound and some highlights
done and done

iunno
i'm a lipstick wearing pitbull
or something

Zzoram

In Starcraft, you either build a Scout because you are fooling around, or you are being bad mannered to your opponent that you have so thoroughly dominated that you can afford to build expensive useless units and send them to their deaths.

Zzoram

DarkJC said:

EDIT: At launch, it appears it was $150 extra for the black after configuring a white MacBook to it's exact specs. After the refresh, that premium was shortened to $50.

When the Black Macbook was first introduced, there was no difference except colour. It was after criticism that they gave it a larger hard drive.

Mindlog

Zzoram said:
In Starcraft, you either build a Scout because you are fooling around, or you are being bad mannered to your opponent that you have so thoroughly dominated that you can afford to build expensive useless units and send them to their deaths.

:lol

It's all falling into place. No we know why they built so many pylons.

pylon bad manner used for good <3 http://videos.neoseeker.com/podcast/439-much-vs-firebathero-at-arena-msl/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dv04WAS3jQA

don't SCREW with Savior

Yasser

Ryder said:
you owe me 10 cents for every rpg you use that in now.
the money will hit your paypal account once i have fallout 3 in my hands
Shins said:
Robert Ashley was the missing ingredient last week.

Good times are here again.
definately, i hope he can keep coming back on

mileS

Really enjoyed the podcast. I loved how it still had the classic GFW style of mixing games and random off topic shit all together and just going with the flow. Yea sure it will never be the same as it used to be but sticking to that formula is what most of the fans would want IMO.

Oxymoron

Zzoram said:
The Stove

No_Style

Rapping Granny said:
I am very LLTP to this podcast, I am an idiot I know.

One question: Is the Megamen lover in this episode? I can't stand his voice.

Ryan Scott? He's the host. Don't hate on Ryan because of his voice, hate on him because of his women preferences! :lol

Struct09

I made a fool of myself at the gym today while listening to this podcast. The Tiny Titans bit caused me to burst out laughing.

Akia

This podcast was freaking great. Robert must've been working on material this whole time because he freaking killed this podcast.

ghst

thanks for the laugh
wow, that was...better than expected.

weird how the majortiy of pc contingent of 1up are now well under 30.

Top Bottom