• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2007 Wii lineup

Rlan

250px-Mario_Party_8.jpg

What the hell is that thing in the top hat?

Auron

It's funny how the system currently selling the best has the fewest games announced. It's not like companies need to wait for E3 anymore...

tanasten

glad to heard people isn't stupid anymore
Awn.... I bet I will be replaying the same goldies that I have replayed on the GC era. Just ended RE4 again, what a wonderful bitch! Now, let's for Metroid Idopulimu. :D

BTW, Wii needs to beep up games, quality games like RE4, Zeldas, Metroids... a part from the Nintendo releases, nothing is looking purely gold. WTF developers!

Chittagong

Gold Member
Wii lineup looks like shit, even the PS3 lineup looks better. And this comes from the biggest Wii fanboy around. Hopefully they "do the DS" with the lineup, with Star Foxes popping up left and right three months prior to shipping.

Chittagong said:
Wii lineup looks like shit, even the PS3 lineup looks better. And this comes from the biggest Wii fanboy around. Hopefully they "do the DS" with the lineup, with Star Foxes popping up left and right three months prior to shipping.

I'm sure there's a lot more coming than the current list which were all announced last year.

ksamedi

Chittagong said:

Havent they always done it like that?

Im pretty sure they will release some non-game which will take the world by storm in the next couple of months. Im also pretty sure that there is a lot of unannounced stuff ready to be revealed in the coming weeks.

tanasten

glad to heard people isn't stupid anymore
ksamedi said:
Havent they always done it like that?

Im pretty sure they will release some non-game which will take the world by storm in the next couple of months. Im also pretty sure that there is a lot of unannounced stuff ready to be revealed in the coming weeks.

Well, that is curiously what I want now. I have been playing more Brain Training and English Training for so many months now... they're just amazing videogames and I want more of this style.

ethelred

Chittagong said:
Wii lineup looks like shit

Fire Emblem, Dragon Quest, Mario, Metroid, Smash Bros., Sonic, The Sims, Wario Ware, Super Paper Mario, SSX, Disaster, Resident Evill Umbrella Chronicles, Crystal Chronicles, No More Heroes, Harvest Moon... this is a shit lineup for the system's first year on the market?

What exactly are people expecting, here?

Bert

Interesting how OP has decided to only list games he is interested in, making the list look a lot shorter than it is.

There is probably an average of a game a month that I like the look of and would at least rent. As Wii will be my second console come April and I can't afford much more than 1 oe 2 games a month that's fine by me.

It is curious how no-one (bar EA) is announcing anything, with all the dev comments like "we're working on something for Wii" that have been spouted since E3 I'd have thought we'd have seen more.

Maybe people are reluctant to show a Wii game until it is in a fully playable state, what with the focus being on controls rather than graphics?

Xrenity

Bert said:
Interesting how OP has decided to only list games he is interested in, making the list look a lot shorter than it is.
List some then.

If you list some games with screenshots I'll be happy to add them.

Why'd you list Rampage but not PoP, Driver, Blazing Angels, Heatseeker, etc.

Also, I'm pretty sure that The Sims was renamed to "My Sims".

Chittagong said:
Wii lineup looks like shit, even the PS3 lineup looks better.

Uh,...what?
Is there ANY non-generic looking game coming for PS3 in 2007?
MGS4, okay, but that´s it.

When i look at the Wii 2007-list, those games have, just from those screenshots, so much heart and soul within them, that really make me want to play them. But go on and play....Warhawk.... >_<

Durante

MasterMFauli said:
When i look at the Wii 2007-list, those games have, just from those screenshots, so much heart and soul within them
Oh puh-leeze! It's nice (and obvious) that you like your nintendo, but now you're making me sick.

[edit]Right, what ethelred said.

Durante said:
Oh puh-leeze! It's nice (and obvious) that you like your nintendo, but now you're making me sick.

Oh please, come on.

Metroid Prime 3, Mario Galaxy, SSBBrawl.

These 3 games are on the same level as Halo 3 and MGS4.
But only on Wii, there are 3 games of this kind being released in 2007.
It´s not about the amount (and Wii has a lot other great games), but only these 3 games make Wii´s year 2007 incredible.

Here are some games you didn't list (and considering that you felt Rampage was worthy of listing, these are too, imo):

Prince of Persia: Rival Swords
Blazing Angels: Squadrons of WWII
Heatseeker
Bust-A-Move Bash!
Harvest Moon (2007, maybe 2008)
Driver: Parallel Lines
Wing Island
SD Gundam: Scad Hammers

AntMurda

Wii has some potentially awesome games for 2007 like Project Hammer, Metroid Prime 3, Super Mario Galaxy, No More Heroes, Resident Evil Umbrella Chronicles and Super Smash Bros. Brawl.

Unfortunately we don't have much information and it is impossible to get hyped up about them.

JJConrad

Sucks at viral marketing
E-phonk said:
I'd say they announced more then enough, but they need to start showing something of those games.

Last thing they showed anything mario/metroid/smash/wii motorsports,health,music/etc related has been in september 06 - and most of what they showed back then was the same as on E3.
I'd like to see more of the " Star Wars project," "announced Komani adventure game," "Namco-Bandia RPG" "Inafune title" "unnamed Ubisoft shovelware" and "untitled Sega games" to actually be shown. It would be nice get their names and then maybe eventually put a screenshot next to it ... Ubisoft not really included.

Jiggy

AntMurda said:
Wii has some potentially awesome games for 2007 like Project Hammer, Metroid Prime 3, Super Mario Galaxy, No More Heroes, Resident Evil Umbrella Chronicles and Super Smash Bros. Brawl.

Unfortunately we don't have much information and it is impossible to get hyped up about them.
How is it impossible to get hyped up about, at the very least, MP3, SMG, RE, and SSBB? These aren't new franchises; they all have certain intrinsic pedigrees and expectations by virtue of their predecessors.

wreckml

VanMardigan said:
Weakest 2007 home console lineup. Easily. I hope Nintendo has some surprises for this year.

*looks at PS3*

:lol

jk, ps3 has some good games coming, but it all depends on what games you want to play. I dont like DMC, MGS isnt worth 600, Lair looks ok, and the rest I can get on my 360. On the other hand, I love Mario, Metroid, SSB, Mario Party 8, and Tiger Woods. Sonic looks good, No More Heroes looks interesting, Fire Emblem of course, Hammer and Disaster have alot of potential, ff if it's online, and RE. Thats 12 games, most of which will take up alot of my time. Plus if a game like Animal Crossing comes out this year...

fernoca

April
Mortal Kombat: Armageddon
-New modes, new extras and new characters??!!

Also, (apparently..not confirmed..sadly)..expect ALL Mortal Kombat games for both SNES and N64..at the Virtual Console during that month....if everything works out.

Worst case scenario..only one (SNES) MK game that month.

ethelred

I'd always hate to own only one console -- every single console generation there've been enough games that I've wanted on a secondary/complementary system that I'd hate it if I had only one. It sucks for anyone who gets stuck in that position, but hey, get another job, I guess.

For me, the DS (by far) has the best lineup in 2007 so far... followed by the 360, then the Wii. PS2 next, I think. Either way, lots of nice stuff coming.

Haunted

ethelred said:
For me, the DS (by far) has the best lineup in 2007 so far... followed by the 360, then the Wii. PS2 next, I think. Either way, lots of nice stuff coming.
bu- bu- but?
cank stoochie said:
i think its fair to say the ps3 has the best line up for 2007 followed by the 360 then the wii.
Different opinions on GAF? What's going on here?

ethelred

Haunted_One said:
bu- bu- but?

Different opinions on GAF? What's going on here?

That's why I said "for me." My favorite genre is RPG, and the DS is the king of RPGs in 2007... followed by the 360 and the Wii, which is why I have the consoles ranked accordingly.

This is a case of OMG vs. WTF.

Nintendo's games look awesome as hell, and Smash will be my GOTY for sure. If not Smash, than Fire Emblem. Mario looks great, MP3 looks great, and Mario Party 8 seems like it would be a blast. Square's titles look underwhelming to me however, and asides from Forever Blue, the 3rd party titles look unappealing =/

Haunted

ethelred said:
That's why I said "for me." My favorite genre is RPG, and the DS is the king of RPGs in 2007... followed by the 360 and the Wii, which is why I have the consoles ranked accordingly.
Exactly. It's all relative.

ethelred

Nightstick11 said:
This is a case of OMG vs. WTF.

Nintendo's games look awesome as hell, and Smash will be my GOTY for sure. If not Smash, than Fire Emblem. Mario looks great, MP3 looks great, and Mario Party 8 seems like it would be a blast. Square's titles look underwhelming to me however, and asides from Forever Blue, the 3rd party titles look unappealing =/

Oh, man. I'd take a Yuji Horii game over any of the shit EAD churns out.

cank stoochie said:
so you think the ps2 has a better lineup than the ps3? :lol come on if you gonna hate the ps3 make it a bit less obvious thatn that

I don't hate the PS3. I don't even have one. Don't be obtuse -- I've already stated the criteria upon which I laid out those rankings.

The PS2 has Persona 3, Wild Arms V, Shining Force EXA, and Rogue Galaxy all coming to the US this year... and yes, for me, that's stronger than what the PS3 has this year (I'm primarily interested in Monster Kingdom: Unknown Realm).

MasterMFauli said:
Uh,...what?

When i look at the Wii 2007-list, those games have, just from those screenshots, so much heart and soul within them,
You have made my day......... Best quote ever.

I really like some of the Wii's offerings, but it seems too Gamecube-esque to me... Like the PS3 seems too PS2-ey for me.

Haunted_One said:
250px-Mario_Party_8.jpg

super-smash-bros-brawl-pit.jpg

Those two alone will last me through 2010.

MasterMFauli said:
Uh,...what?
Is there ANY non-generic looking game coming for PS3 in 2007?
MGS4, okay, but that´s it.

When i look at the Wii 2007-list, those games have, just from those screenshots, so much heart and soul within them, that really make me want to play them. But go on and play....Warhawk.... >_<

MasterMFauli said:
Oh please, come on.

Metroid Prime 3, Mario Galaxy, SSBBrawl.

These 3 games are on the same level as Halo 3 and MGS4.
But only on Wii, there are 3 games of this kind being released in 2007.
It´s not about the amount (and Wii has a lot other great games), but only these 3 games make Wii´s year 2007 incredible.

The things some of you Wiitards (not even Nintendo fanboys) will say to comfort yourselves is absolutely hilarious. Stop comparing the 2007 Wii lineup to the PS3/X360 blockbuster games. It's just sad, so very, very sad.

I like Wii and might get one later this year or 2008. But it's quite obvious the Wii has the worst lineup this year. Not to mention last-gen graphics on most of the games announced...

Pimpbaa

Crackerman16 said:
The things some of you Wiitards (not even Nintendo fanboys) will say to comfort yourselves is absolutely hilarious. Stop comparing the 2007 Wii lineup to the PS3/X360 blockbuster games. It's just sad, so very, very sad.

The only thing sad here is that you think your opinion equals fact.

ethelred said:
Fire Emblem, Dragon Quest, Mario, Metroid, Smash Bros., Sonic, The Sims, Wario Ware, Super Paper Mario, SSX, Disaster, Resident Evill Umbrella Chronicles, Crystal Chronicles, No More Heroes, Harvest Moon... this is a shit lineup for the system's first year on the market?

What exactly are people expecting, here?

Innovative original games?? I'm sure they are coming but not many are announced yet.

Pimpbaa said:
The only thing sad here is that you think your opinion equals fact.

Nice defense. Where in my post did I say the word: "fact?" Oh right, I didn't. I guess it's YOUR OPINION that YOU think my opinion equals fact. Did you get that? Or should I try and repeat it for you in Nintendo terms?

Haunted

Crackerman16 said:

I like Wii and might get one later this year or 2008. But it's quite obvious the Wii has the worst lineup this year. Not to mention last-gen graphics on most of the games announced...
:lol

Crackerman16 said:
Nice defense. Where in my post did I say the word: "fact?" Oh right, I didn't. I guess it's YOUR OPINION that YOU think my opinion equals fact. Did you get that? Or should I try and repeat it for you in Nintendo terms?

I'll defend you. You didn't claim to be spouting facts.

I do find your opinion idiotic and intellectually bankrupt, however, but that's beside the point. Oh, and using the word Wiitard pretty much makes you an a**hole.

Pimpbaa

Crackerman16 said:

Nintendo terms? I have not been the biggest nintendo fan these past few years. I hated the n64, I barely used my gamecube, I prefer my PSP to my DS. Your post made it sound like it was an absolute truth. Like no nintendo game can be a blockbuster like whats on the ps3 or 360. Go troll somewhere else.

ghostlyjoe said:
I'll defend you. You didn't claim to be spouting facts.

I do find your opinion idiotic and intellectually bankrupt, however, but that's beside the point. Oh, and using the word Wiitard pretty much makes you an a**hole.

Right. My opinion reflects that of a lot of your fellow Nintendo fanboys prior to my 1st post here. But yet it's my opinion that's "idiotic and intellectually bankrupt," and I'm an a-hole because I said the word "Wiitard?" Good one, hypocrite.

A Wiitard is a Wiitard and there are quite a few here. A Nintendo fanboy is at least honest with themselves when looking at this lineup. I'm not saying that all 2007 Wii games are crap, but only that it's the worst lineup amongst the 3 consoles. I'm also not blaming anything on Nintendo or Sony, because they JUST launched their consoles.

Top Bottom