• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2010 high-res PC screenshots! (READ RULES)

markao

Mass Effect 2 - Overlord DLC, loved the graphical twists in the end.

AA - CFAA (Edge detect) - 16 AF and in game max. at 1900-1200.

masseffect22010-09-111dtnp.png

masseffect22010-09-111nqxr.png

jediyoshi

TouchMyBox said:
I would just like to say that jediyoshi is a jerk for making me bust out my copy of Sly 3.

Red/Cyan will always be the classiest 3D.

Nexon + Source Engine =

vindictus2010-09-1605-dho8.jpg

Playing maxed out. There's some separate options for cloth physics and debris but everything else is what you'd expect. Forcing anything through CCC doesn't seem to work which is a shame since ingame AA only goes up to 4x.

Also, finally talking anime heads in Source

vindictus2010-09-1605-cg0l.jpg

jediyoshi

Character select. I subscribe to the Garnett Lee school of playing females in RPGs.

vindictus2010-09-1605-yd42.jpg

Opening tutorial level. The environmental art is the only downer so far for me, although it's highly destructible. The supports on the left and short wall on the right can be broken which works nice with the grapple system.

vindictus2010-09-1605-pek7.jpg

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
So I was makin' profiles on Radeon Pro and I was quite pleased to finally get AA working in combination with HDR in Chaos Theory. I had had trouble before and I decided to see if giving it the UE3 profile would help despite it being a UE2.5 game and it worked. I'm excited to replay it now.

splintercell32010-09-1fyws.jpg

splintercell32010-09-1uxwx.jpg

54-46!

Stallion Free said:
So I was makin' profiles on Radeon Pro and I was quite pleased to finally get AA working in combination with HDR in Chaos Theory. I had had trouble before and I decided to see if giving it the UE3 profile would help despite it being a UE2.5 game and it worked. I'm excited to replay it now.

(images)
Wow, looks great!

Lime

Silent Hill 2 @ 1920x1080 (made possible by using Squ1zZy's widescreen fix). In order for the game to run properly, one has to disable all your CPU cores, except one, and also applying the 1.01 patch.

sh2pc2010-09-1818-31-0sa9t.png

sh2pc2010-09-1818-59-56l5m.png

Burekma

Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light (full version, everything maxed, 8xAA)

lcgol.exe-0-02-05-52-18h5.jpg

This just looked awesome.

lcgol.exe-0-02-50-31-6kou.jpg

My mind was blown when I finished this puzzle.

PS: The lack of Civ V in this thread is disturbing.

Janken

1600x1200, which is the game's maximum supported resolution.

I know it's possible to make it work at custom resolutions, but it is not a good idea. The game was not designed with widescreen in mind and, even if you fix some config files to avoid distortion, the cutscenes will still show squashed characters.

Also, some weapon animations stop suddenly when leaving the 4:3 format area in widescreen resolutions...

I've always liked how this game looks.

image361nzi.png

image486nh4.png

John

Janken said:

I know it's possible to make it work at custom resolutions, but it is not a good idea. The game was not designed with widescreen in mind and, even if you fix some config files to avoid distortion, the cutscenes will still show squashed characters.
idunno, these look kinda squashed ???

Stallion Free said:

Holy crap, thank you. I love Chaos Theory so much.

forrest

formerly nacire
Some shots of Darksiders 1920 X 1080

*Sorry it's been a long while since I've posted in this thread and I forgot about the 2 pic limit. My bad. :D

darksiderspc6o9ia.jpg

darksiderspc5nzgt.jpg

Janken said:

Also, some weapon animations stop suddenly when leaving the 4:3 format area in widescreen resolutions...

Are you running this game off Windows 7 or Vista? I remember downloading the demo a few months back and the game was spazzing out and didn't work right with W7. Just want to know if there's some kind of fix or workaround, always wanted to play this game :D

Blizzard

Banned
Silly question, but are the Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light non-isometric shots cutscenes? Early on the game seems to use isometric camera only.

Polk

Blizzard said:
Silly question, but are the Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light non-isometric shots cutscenes? Early on the game seems to use isometric camera only.
yes it has standard cut-scenes as well.

Janken

riceandbeans said:
Are you running this game off Windows 7 or Vista? I remember downloading the demo a few months back and the game was spazzing out and didn't work right with W7. Just want to know if there's some kind of fix or workaround, always wanted to play this game :D
I'm running the game in Windows 7. It works just fine as long as you install the 1.3 patch and run it as administrator and in Windows XP/Windows 2000 compatibility mode (both launcher and game).

Thunderbear

Mawio Gawaxy iz da Wheeson hee pways games
SuperÑ said:
Wrong thread.

Why are PC screenshots of Dead Rising 2 in the wrong place when the title of the thread is " 2010 high-res PC screenshots!" ?

Anyway, Darksiders look great, always loved the art. But where's the IQ? All the alphas are jagged and so are the geometry edges.

Top Bottom