• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2011-2012 TV Show Cancellation Thread - CSI Miami just got *takes off shades* canned

Status
Not open for further replies.
planar1280 said:
how is 2 broke girls doing so well. Worst comedy show I have seen in sges

I watch it because Kat Dennings in that waitress uniform is the best pair of boobs to hit primetime in years. I'm still not entirely sure if the show is funny or not, just because her rack is so amazingly awesome.

Incendiary said:
I watch it because Kat Dennings in that waitress uniform is the best pair of boobs to hit primetime in years. I'm still not entirely sure if the show is funny or not, just because her rack is so amazingly awesome.

I find the show somewhat amusing because it reminds me of an ex. Although Kat is hotter.

But the ex had similar boobs. Oh those boobs.

Takao

Banned
I don't know where to post this, so I'll post it here: There's a show in development about Crazy Bones. You know, the fad from the 90s that had a mildly successful rebirth in the 00s? Yeah, an animated series. I don't even...

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Takao said:
I don't know where to post this, so I'll post it here: There's a show in development about Crazy Bones. You know, the fad from the 90s that had a mildly successful rebirth in the 00s? Yeah, an animated series. I don't even...

This sounded vaguely familiar but I couldn't remember what they were but apparently they're sort of low quality tiny figurines that are supposedly used to play a "game" but like POGs the game is terrible and really they're just collectable tchotchkes.

dvdjamm

Messi said:
kat_dennings_big_boobs_at_the_thor_premiere.jpg

Maybe?
The best in primetime since Salma Hayek in Ugly Betty,lol

Busty

Banned
ivysaur12 said:
I wonder if Sony would ever try to establish a network... TVStation.

NEVER. Foreign media ownership laws means that Sony are literally at the limit of what they are allowed to own in North America owing to the FCC etc.

Film & TV production. Fine. TV/Cable channels and print media? Not so much.

Sony do though have a growing portfolio of channels in developing markets such as India etc.

Busty

Banned
Wiseblade said:
I have to ask, who was crazy enough to think the inexpensive to make H8R that could be filled with celebs on the cheap was a good idea for a show on a smaller, youth skewing network without a lot of cash to spend?

Fixed.

Seriously though, the show may have been terrible by all acccounts but from a business perspective it was a no brainer.

Wiseblade

Busty said:
Fixed.

Seriously though, the show may have been terrible by all acccounts but from a business perspective it was a no brainer.
Really? I would have thought somebody at some point would pointed out the lack of appeal in "redeeming" hated z-listers.

Busty

Banned
Nemesis121 said:
isn't Pan-Am going up against football?

Two different audiences. Two different demos.

Pan Am on a Sunday is seen as 'counter programming'.

A 27% drop from week 2 to 3 is near fatal. Yikes.

A shame I quite liked the look of Pan Am as well.

UraMallas

This might sounds strange but as a 28 year old man I found Pan Am to be something that interested me. Unfortunately, it goes up against football so I kinda just forgot about it. Initially, I thought it looked and sounded good.

UraMallas said:
This might sounds strange but as a 28 year old man I found Pan Am to be something that interested me. Unfortunately, it goes up against football so I kinda just forgot about it. Initially, I thought it looked and sounded good.

I've liked it so far too. Pretty fluffy but not wholly uninteresting. Probably mainly because of the redhead.

twinturbo2

butthurt Heat fan
Nemesis121 said:
isn't Pan-Am going up against football?
Football, local newscasts, and CSI Miami.

That plane was literally sent out in a stormy, overcast hurricane with crates of motherfucking snakes in the cargo bay.

Novid

Banned
Stumpokapow said:
even if the shows aren't produced, they're still paid a fee, which insulates the writer/creator/whatever from risk if the shows are not produced AND increases the likelihood that they will be by virtue of lowering the marginal cost of production versus non-production

In other words, insurance. Thanks for that info.

There it is. Terra Nova will be cancelled in december and the december finale will be 2 hours. A proper finale

http://insidetv.ew.com/2011/10/11/terra-nova-finale/

Fox’s grand dino experiment has set a (first season?) conclusion: Terra Nova will finish its run on Monday, December 19. The show will finish how it ended, with a two-hour episode (see last night’s recap, “What Just Happened,” here). Last night’s Terra Nova ratings are disrupted by Fox’s baseball coverage, but it looks like, after holding steady the first two weeks, the show might have dipped a bit.
In other Fox scheduling news, the network is expanding another edition of X Factor next week to two hours for the “judges house” episodes (producers ended up with a lot of good footage, a rep explains). Combined with previously announced Factor expansions and baseball, that means the network will hold off on airing new episodes of New Girl at 9:30 p.m. until Nov. 1 (fellow Tuesday shows Glee and Raising Hope are also not scheduled to return until next month either).

Zoe

I thought the other two episodes performed decently.

There wasn't even supposed to be a game at all yesterday. I really doubt they'd take last night's ratings to mean anything.

TheNatural said:
Huh? It says nothing about being cancelled. It just says it's the finale of the original 13 episode order, which would be the end of the first season, not the end of the show.

sure looks like it will be cancelled from the wording. they are assuming it might just be first season

TheNatural

My Member!
planar1280 said:
sure looks like it will be cancelled from the wording. they are assuming it might just be first season

It just says finale, I don't see how you get anything from that. Every show has a finale, and since this is a short order show so far, it only runs for a half season.

Xater

You know from all the new shows this season i think the only genuinely good one is Homeland. If it was for me they could cancel all the others and nothing of value was lost. What a terrible terrible season of new shows...

ivysaur12

Banned
Xater said:
You know from all the new shows this season i think the only genuinely good one is Homeland. If it was for me they could cancel all the others and nothing of value was lost. What a terrible terrible season of new shows...

All networks saved their best dramas for the spring.

The River* is super fun, and seems unlike anything else on TV. Smash is great, and was originally developed for Showtime. Touch was the best script for Fox this year, though it's from Tim Kring. The 2-2 actually is meh, but I don't even count CBS at this point...

And then there's Awake.

Hey You

TheNatural said:
Huh? It says nothing about being cancelled. It just says it's the finale of the original 13 episode order, which would be the end of the first season, not the end of the show.
I hope thats the case.

Xater

ivysaur12 said:
All networks saved their best dramas for the spring.

The River* is super fun, and seems unlike anything else on TV. Smash is great, and was originally developed for Showtime. Touch was the best script for Fox this year, though it's from Tim Kring. The 2-2 actually is meh, but I don't even count CBS at this point...

And then there's Awake.

I really hope that is the case...

Kabouter said:
After the pilot I would've been disappointed, but after two episodes which were basically filler, I'm not that bothered about it tbh. Total waste of a good premise.

Edit: Oh, not cancelled. Well, I wouldn't be surprised if it will be soon anyway.

So true. I mean we are at episode 3 and they already did the whole amnesia thing. I mean how creatively bankrupt can you get?

Kabouter

Xater said:

So true. I mean we are at episode 3 and they already did the whole amnesia thing. I mean how creatively bankrupt can you get?
Yes, it's stuff I expect every now and then from SyFy original shows, but even they usually offer more than the two post-pilot episodes of Terra Nova. Terra Nova needs to do far more with developing the whole Sixer thing and what not, instead of devoting 30 seconds per episode on arc stuff. Wonder what's next week, people switching bodies? An expedition member suddenly gains superpowers? Some sort of love potion thing that makes every woman attracted to the main character? I can think of seasons worth of stuff if the bar is this low.

ivysaur12

Banned
Xater said:

The River, Awake, Smash, and Touch are all considered to be the "best" dramas of this year.

Reconstruction was really good too, but NBC passed.

Slayven said:
Does the CW have some shows in reserve?

Dramas? No. Reality? "Remodeled" and "The Frame."

If I were Pedowitz, I'd spend as much money as possible this development season as an investment for the future. They need to get AGGRESSIVE, even if it hurts their margins in the short term.

Zalasta

I'm putting all of my eggs into Alcatraz and Awake, although I expect Awake to be cancelled, because it'll be too smart for the average American viewers. Kring is a hack and I'll do my best to nitpick Touch apart every chance I get :p

Slayven

Rafa=FedKilla said:
Yeah the Aquaman pilot and The Huntress. And Tarzan in New York
That made me laugh too hard. I tempted to go back and see what the ratings for Homeboys in Outer Space was.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
ivysaur12 said:
The River, Awake, Smash, and Touch are all considered to be the "best" dramas of this year.

Arguably HBO did as well ("More As This Story Develops") but they also aren't launching ANYTHING new this Fall :p

Busty said:
NEVER. Foreign media ownership laws means that Sony are literally at the limit of what they are allowed to own in North America owing to the FCC etc.

Film & TV production. Fine. TV/Cable channels and print media? Not so much.

Sony do though have a growing portfolio of channels in developing markets such as India etc.

There is a Sony Entertaintment Television channel in Latin America and it's pretty old. The show mostly series and lately a few movies.

ivysaur12

Banned
Zalasta said:
I'm putting all of my eggs into Alcatraz and Awake, although I expect Awake to be cancelled, because it'll be too smart for the average American viewers. Kring is a hack and I'll do my best to nitpick Touch apart every chance I get :p

Alcatraz isn't good. At least, the pilot isn't.

Touch is so much better, but again, Kring.

Stumpokapow said:
Arguably HBO did as well ("More As This Story Develops") but they also aren't launching ANYTHING new this Fall :p

Right, I didn't think it was fair to include them because of that. FX launched their big show this fall. I have have less of a clue about TNT and USA.

I haven't seen More, but it's probably the only thing that could unpeg Awake at this point.

JGS

Banned
How to be a Gentleman was horrible. It made no sense in any way, shape, or form including the title.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
xxracerxx said:
What about Enlightenment?

Enlightened, but yeah I totally forgot they were launching that in the fall. But, uh, even if you remove that statement, there's still literally no way that MATSD doesn't knock it out of the park ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom