• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2011-2012 TV Show Cancellation Thread - CSI Miami just got *takes off shades* canned

Status
Not open for further replies.

big ander

Surprised at Up All Night. Think I'll keep from watching it for a few weeks and if people are saying it's trending up I'll catch up.

According to Sepinwall Parks has a little bit more of a chance at more episodes: he's heard that it will be airing in fall (unlike other shows that might be put off until spring) so it might get a back 9.

Hobbun

I'm not sure yet.

And the finale next week has some big stuff going down.

So maybe someone will not make it.

But Weatherly and Harmon are onboard.

Yeah, saw that preview for the finale, looked a bit....scary.

I actually did a search and saw in an article that Weatherly, Perette and Murray were unsigned, although that was dated as of May 2nd. Has Weatherly recently signed?

I didn't realize there were so many had their contracts expiring this year. Damn, Abby has to resign. NCIS definitely wouldn't be the same without her.

strafer

Yeah, saw that preview for the finale, looked a bit....scary.

I actually did a search and saw in an article that Weatherly, Perette and Murray were unsigned, although that was dated as of May 2nd. Has Weatherly recently signed?

I didn't realize there were so many had their contracts expiring this year. Damn, Abby has to resign. NCIS definitely wouldn't be the same without her.

Yeah, he announced it on his Twitter.

strafer

I guess I'll just have to look at home. I am at work and Twitter is blocked. And I can't find any official announcement on him resigning.

How long did he sign for?

Don't know for how long though.

0rHfb.jpg

Also..

weUil.jpg

Busty

Banned
In what must be a case of 'monkey see, monkey do' some are saying that Sony's recent dire financial report couldn't have come at a worse time as supposedly this is being seen as a big factor in Sony's poor showing this pilot season.

Personally I don't think that's the case, Sony TV had a weird development season coupled with a lot of big shows that cratered last season (Pan Am for one) thus a poor pilot showing this year. But to be honest I really can't put a finger on why Sony's big investment didn't pay off for them this year.

So far SonyTV have just two new shows for next season in Save Me and Mob Doctor. I hope for Sony's sake (and I'd like to see it on the air) Last Resort gets picked up by ABC in some capacity.

Happy Endings renewed.

Good. Didn't get into this show until half way through the second season.

Enjoying it and it's become a 'must see' for me.

GungHo

Single-handedly caused Exxon-Mobil to sue FOX, start World War 3
Wife Swap renewed.
Another one that would be better on Cinemax.

I am of mixed feelings on Abby. I'd probably have more issues if Ziva left.

For LA, I really wish they'd get rid of one of the geeks... preferably the dude. He's basically a sound effect at this point.

And, folks... it's re-sign. Not resign. Resign means he submitted his resignation.

strafer

Another one that would be better on Cinemax.

For LA, I really wish they'd get rid of one of the geeks... preferably the dude. He's basically a sound effect at this point.

And, folks... it's re-sign. Not resign. Resign means he submitted his resignation.

Yep. His shorts are pissing me off and constant flirting with the girl.

Kensi and Deeks are adorable though.

Hobbun

Very true, my bad, big difference between the two. :)

I believe Cote is signed through season 10, so you are ok there.

I have heard Pauley is having stalker issues with her ex and has made comments on moving to London. Her safety is more important, but would really miss her. :(

Hobbun

There are few of mine that I liked which got cancelled, but fortunately none were my top favorites. Well, I will miss Terra Nova, it was starting to grow on me.

GQman2121

Banned
Happy Endings and Parks!!!Happy Endings and Parks!!!Happy Endings and Parks!!!Happy Endings and Parks!!!Happy Endings and Parks!!!Happy Endings and Parks!!!Happy Endings and Parks!!!Happy Endings and Parks!!!Happy Endings and Parks!!!Happy Endings and Parks!!!Happy Endings and Parks!!!Happy Endings and Parks!!!

I'm pretty excited that everything I watch has been renewed:

Once upon a Time -> renewed
Smash -> renewed
Cougar Town -> picked up by TBS for 15 episodes
Modern Family -> renewed
Community -> picked up for 13 episodes
Parks & Rec -> renewed
Office -> renewed
Grimm -> renewed

I didn't think all those shows would make it!
although, I will miss the Finder.

twinturbo2

butthurt Heat fan
The fact that Whitney is renewed says a lot about NBC, none of it good.

Then again, as long as Whitney is limited in her contributions to 2 Broke Girls, I'll live.

Kandinsky

P&R getting a 22 episode renew is awesome and cool news for Happy Endings, I just hope they tone down it ridiculousness a bit, its getting out of hand.

I can't believe all of the low-rated garbage that NBC is renewing. Without the Super Bowl they'll probably finish in 4th place next season.

What a joke of a network.

Happy Endings and Parks!!!Happy Endings and Parks!!!Happy Endings and Parks!!!Happy Endings and Parks!!!Happy Endings and Parks!!!Happy Endings and Parks!!!Happy Endings and Parks!!!Happy Endings and Parks!!!Happy Endings and Parks!!!Happy Endings and Parks!!!Happy Endings and Parks!!!Happy Endings and Parks!!!

This.

Glad Parks and Rec is getting a full season. Don't care that much about the other NBC comedies. (well I would like Community to continue, but given the uneven quality and poor ratings I can understand)

At least they canceled Are You There Chelsea. No idea why Whitney's getting a 2nd season.

GQman2121

Banned
I can't believe all of the low-rated garbage that NBC is renewing. Without the Super Bowl they'll probably finish in 4th place next season.

What a joke of a network.

That's not fair to them. It's not NBC's fault that people in this country are to fucking stupid to get the brilliance of shows like Parks and Community.

It boggles my mind that CBS is able to draw people in with their lineup. I just don't see it. The comedies are terrible. And the CIS type shows are bordering on pretentious 90% of the time. It's crazy.

I think out of the major networks, ABC has the best balance. They offer a little bit of everything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom