• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013-2014 NCAA Men's Basketball |OT|

100% chance they send Duke to die in the ACC/B1G challenge by making them play at Sconiland

Why don't our great and magnificent conference champions Virginia play them again?

thefro

http://espnmediazone.com/us/press-r...allenge-expands-to-14-matchups-this-december/

Mon, Dec 1
Nebraska at Florida State
Rutgers at Clemson

Tue, Dec 2

No. 21 Syracuse at No. 24 Michigan
Ohio State at No. 8 Louisville
Pittsburgh at Indiana
NC State at Purdue
Illinois at Miami (Fla.)
Minnesota at Wake Forest

Wed, Dec 3

No. 2 Duke at No. 4 Wisconsin
No. 18 Michigan State at Notre Dame
No. 25 Iowa at No. 6 North Carolina
No. 7 Virginia at Maryland
Georgia Tech at Northwestern
Virginia Tech at Penn State

It'll take a while for me to get used to the new teams in each conference.

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
100% chance they send Duke to die in the ACC/B1G challenge by making them play at Sconiland

Why don't our great and magnificent conference champions Virginia play them again?

Meh, last time Duke played at Wisconsin, it turned out alright for the season. But for sure, you can't beat Wiscy at Kohl if they were like #21, no chance in hell we're winning vs top 5 Badger team.

Meh, last time Duke played at Wisconsin, it turned out alright for the season. But for sure, you can't beat Wiscy at Kohl if they were like #21, no chance in hell we're winning vs top 5 Badger team.

That team was led by three seniors and two juniors. The game at Wisconsin this year will be the first true road college game for almost half of the roster. This is 7 months ahead of time (and therefore completely irrelevant) but I expect Wisconsin to give them that work. Like 2012 at Ohio State work

That team was led by three seniors and two juniors. The game at Wisconsin this year will be the first true road college game for almost half of the roster. This is 7 months ahead of time (and therefore completely irrelevant) but I expect Wisconsin to give them that work. Like 2012 at Ohio State work

2010 at Georgetown in front of the President work?

Not all NBA crowds are boring. Far from it.

But the lack of parity and length of the pro season does lead to some inevitably dull games.

That crowd isn't bad. HOWEVER (/Stephen. A), that short clip also highlighted something that annoys me greatly about the NBA atmosphere. There should be no P.A. prompted chants or music (including drums) while the game is actively being played. When the clock is running, the only noise should be the crowd and the game itself.

But I've been over all my gripes about the NBA before. There's just too much I would change if I were put in charge, which only leads me to conclude that the typical NBA game isn't for me (to watch). I enjoy commentary, though. Like, I'll watch Inside the NBA after the game, but watch the actual game? No. And I'll happily look at box scores to see how my favorite (read: former Duke) players are doing.

Bowser

I'm a fan of both college and NBA ball. No question NBA ball is higher quality however. These guys are the best of the best and make millions of dollars for a reason (...well, most of them).

Silver's a Duke grad. I'm going to see if he might shorten games (eliminate long stretches where all the stars are on the bench), shorten seasons, and incorporate student sections.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
Thad just landed one of the best shooters in the 2015 class in Austin Grandstaff. Kid is going to be a good one.

He was originally committed to Okie State but was probably as disgusted with Marcus Smart's gutless bitch play as everyone else was and re-opened his recruitment.

bachikarn

Thad just landed one of the best shooters in the 2015 class in Austin Grandstaff. Kid is going to be a good one.

He was originally committed to Okie State but was probably as disgusted with Marcus Smart's gutless bitch play as everyone else was and re-opened his recruitment.

UF was sitting good with this kid, but another 2015 SG committed to us last week and he might not have been happy with that. Not sure why because they are two completely different type of players.

Kind of surprised at OSU too. He would have been better fit for you guys if he was going to play in the Big10.

Grandstaff is a pretty awesome last name.

Is he a wizard?

UF was sitting good with this kid, but another 2015 SG committed to us last week and he might not have been happy with that. Not sure why because they are two completely different type of players.

Kind of surprised at OSU too. He would have been better fit for you guys if he was going to play in the Big10.

He's a spot up guy, he'll fit well in Thad system. We now have 2 big time recruits out of Texas in the 2015 class

Apparently Ol' Roy is on the shortlist for the LA Lakers' head coaching gig.

I'm 98% sure that's not happening. I'm not sure how much longer Huck has coaching period anyway. Dealing with academic scandals and players (read: PJ) fucking up has tired him out. He did a hell of a coaching job last year though.

I'm 98% sure that's not happening. I'm not sure how much longer Huck has coaching period anyway. Dealing with academic scandals and players (read: PJ) fucking up has tired him out. He did a hell of a coaching job last year though.

#KendallFuture

How was LDOC Grover?

truly101

I got grudge sucked!

Kupcheck is just floating his name out there to give a fellow alum a raise, thats all. If Roy took that job, or any other job, then hold onto your butts, UNC fans. The hammer is not far behind.

Duke Basketball ‏@dukebasketball 1m
The ACC men's basketball tournament will now begin on Tuesday with a Saturday night final. Champ game been Sunday afternoon for 33 years.

The Big East-ification of the ACC Tourney continues. Purists will be less than pleased.

Duke Basketball ‏@dukebasketball 1m
The ACC men's basketball tournament will now begin on Tuesday with a Saturday night final. Champ game been Sunday afternoon for 33 years.

The Big East-ification of the ACC Tourney continues. Purists will be less than pleased.

Lame.

But on the other hand...

Truth be told, I hated how Duke would win the ACC tournament on a Sunday afternoon and nobody would talk about it, because the selection show was a couple of hours away and the bracket trumped everything.

They should play Tuesday-Saturday when they plan in Brooklyn, Wednesday-Sunday when in Charlotte and Greensboro.

Top Bottom