• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 NBA Offseason |OT| Already Planning for the 2014 Offseason

SamuraiX-

KweiXId.png

SWAGLemore gettin' dat paper.

I'm gonna miss his first summer league game. :(

But I know ya'll will be sure to tell me how much he sucks when I get back.

SamuraiX-

I just realized the 3rd quarter is almost over in Golden State vs Washington and neither team has yet cracked 40 points........

Edit: 3rd quarter over....

Score: 37-39

Summer League.

:|

Dallas is going to be a fun team to watch. They'll be one of the worst defensive teams in the league, but they have plenty of weapons. That Monta Ellis deal doesn't seem nearly as bad considering they're not giving 9 million to Devin Harris. Ellis will be making mid range money and he's a mid range player. He'll also have the distinction of being a legitimate second scoring option which is something Dirk has never had the ability to play with. They also seemed to improve their bench and their bench was the highest scoring in the NBA last year. So at least they'll put up a ton of points.

SamuraiX-

So after one game... Porter looks soft. Doesn't go after it on defense and doesn't like contact. Can't really stroke it either... definitely not a good combination of qualities.

So after one game... Porter looks soft. Doesn't go after it on defense and doesn't like contact. Can't really stroke it either... definitely not a good combination of qualities.

He looked bad.

My main concern was the way he moves on defense. He was sliding out there as if he was always on the verge of going for a shot block and the guys he was guarding didn't even really look to attack him (I only saw the first half though).

His handle is terribad.

But honestly all that goes with what I thought he was--Trevor Ariza with a lot more upside. He gets in the lanes like Ariza does and he may already be better in transition and as good a shooter. His rebounding is much better.

His man D isn't on Arizas left right now, but he's probably better everywhere else, which is fine considering he's 19 and needs to get stronger.

Taking him over Noel was fucking insanity but I still take him over everyone else that was available. I personally like Olynyk just as much but couldn't justify picking him at that spot.

But yea, Noel shits all over this entire class and its not close.

linsivvi

Dallas is going to be a fun team to watch. They'll be one of the worst defensive teams in the league, but they have plenty of weapons. That Monta Ellis deal doesn't seem nearly as bad considering they're not giving 9 million to Devin Harris. Ellis will be making mid range money and he's a mid range player. He'll also have the distinction of being a legitimate second scoring option which is something Dirk has never had the ability to play with. They also seemed to improve their bench and their bench was the highest scoring in the NBA last year. So at least they'll put up a ton of points.

Devin Harris is a more efficient shooter than Monta Ellis.

linsivvi

He meant mid range as in middle of the pack as far as skill is concerned. Not a top player.

What would midrange money mean if it wasn't being compared to his skill level?

haha stealth edit!!!!

Nevertheless, I can't imagine $30M for 3 years is considered midrange money.

Especially when there are equally or slightly less terrible players available at much cheaper prices.

Vic

Please help me with my bad english
Marc Stein ‏@ESPNSteinLine
RT @ajchawks: Hawks will match the offer sheet to Jeff Teague. Back in Atlanta. #ATLHawks

SamuraiX-

SWAGLemore swagging it up like swagging is going out of style. lol

His dribble pull up and shooting mechanics look solid but the shots just aren't falling.

That knee scare... Hope he's ok. :(

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Which one of yal is badassenuf to make the new thread?

edit: yo wtf is mclemore doing lmao

Top Bottom