• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 PC Bullshot thread of "1 FPS? That's 1 screenshot per second"

Lime

highres_screenshot_00z6r37.png

efyu_lemonardo

May I have a cookie?
The game is so beautiful I feel ok posting screens at 1920 horizontal with no special enhancements. Unfortunately the black bars are a permanent part of the game. If this isn't acceptable I'll see if maybe there's a hack to disable them, or maybe it's possible to use upscaling to capture a higher resolution image(?)..

i6xorNtH6t3dB.png

I really hope definitive texture pack mods for ME, ME2 and ME3 come out of ME3Explorer. I want those awesome textures in my game but texmod shits the bed on my card.

Texmod doesn't affect my 6950 in ME3, while it did in certain areas in ME2.

Hmmm... I actually didn't even give it a shot in ME3. Honestly, I played it at launch, so there wasn't any textures to use and I was in no hurry to replay it after I finished it. I recently decided to play the trilogy again, I just finished ME 1 a month or so ago but I was holding off on ME2 and ME3 when I heard there was a chance that ME3Explorer would possibly solve my texture mod issues.

Darkdeus

Very nice! Pcars is on the front page of reddit btw! People can't believe they're ingame shots and keep saying they're bullshots. r/gaming in general is pretty stupid though. Their minds would melt if they saw the shots posted every day in this thread.

antitrop

Very nice! Pcars is on the front page of reddit btw! People can't believe they're ingame shots and keep saying they're bullshots. r/gaming in general is pretty stupid though. Their minds would melt if they saw the shots posted every day in this thread.
One single screenshot from this thread would probably be worth 2,000 karma points since most of them have no idea a thread like this is even possible.

Durante

tlr-2013-02-28-22-14-ldigf.jpg

It's too bad that there doesn't seem to be any way to get hudless shots of TLR outside cities. It has some nice locations.

Witchfinder General

punched Wheelchair Mike
pcarsbullshot3dgukn.png

I hope this fits within the guidelines.

EDIT: My FPS were low teens to mid thirties depending on whether there was whether effects and also the fact that the game isn't optimised at the moment.

Durante

OMG! I figured out a few things about TLR (increasing shadow resolution/rendering distance, how to disable the HUD, adjust FoV and how to use the UE tiledshot command).
So this is 10240x5760, 2xSGSSAA, bicubic sharper resize to 5120x2880, standard bicubic to 1080p (direct bicubic sharper resize to 1080 oversharpens).
Also, this finally realizes this thread's dream of 1 second per screenshot (since that's how long it takes to write a 200 MB+ file :p)

highres_screenshot_00c9zjl.jpg

Durante

Share your knowledge. :D
Add this to your "RushInput.ini":
Bindings=(Name="F9",Command="FOV 0")
Bindings=(Name="F10",Command="FOV 65")
Bindings=(Name="F11",Command="FOV 75")
Bindings=(Name="F12",Command="FOV 85")
Bindings=(Name="F7",Command="toggleui")
Bindings=(Name="F8",Command="tiledshot 4")
What each key does should be pretty self-explanatory (F9 resets the FOV to default). Shadow resolution can be increased in RushEngine.ini.

Top Bottom