• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 PC Bullshot thread of "1 FPS? That's 1 screenshot per second"

Durante

highres_screenshot_003wk3y.jpg

Durante

Wat.

How is this even possible?
See the previous page. It's an Unreal Engine 3 "tiledshot 4". Basically 16 2560x1440 shots stitched together. (This is also what they use for promotional shots, so it's the real deal "bullshot")

efyu_lemonardo

May I have a cookie?
So, n00bish question incoming, since the rest of you seem to have this figured.
I'm rendering Sine Mora at 4096x1755 but it displays on my monitor as 1920x822 since it's a 1080p monitor (the game has a weird aspect ratio 21:9 that is fixed).

When I try to grab a screenshot I get 1080p images, but seeing some of the insane resolutions in this thread I understand there should be a way to grab the original image before it's dowscaled to fit on my monitor.

Does this require a special tool?

legacyzero

Banned
WOWOWOW That shot might have sold me Last Remnant. I've been on the fence for years.

ibqz9qd9aNdw7x.gif

Also, I was about to post "where the fuck is Dennis?" then I noticed he was banned :(

It's only a matter of time before he shows up and kills all our shots.

efyu_lemonardo

May I have a cookie?
So, n00bish question incoming, since the rest of you seem to have this figured.
I'm rendering Sine Mora at 4096x1755 but it displays on my monitor as 1920x822 since it's a 1080p monitor (the game has a weird aspect ratio 21:9 that is fixed).

When I try to grab a screenshot I get 1080p images, but seeing some of the insane resolutions in this thread I understand there should be a way to grab the original image before it's dowscaled to fit on my monitor.

Does this require a special tool?

anyone? I couldn't find anything in the downsampling thread either..

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
anyone? I couldn't find anything in the downscaling thread either..

I believe the way you render Sine Mora ( by adding launch options command lines in steam right ? ) doesn't work the same way as creating a custom resolution for the downsampling. In the former case the game will downscale to fit your screen "before" you can get a chance to grab the native shots whereas in the latter scenario image capturing software like fraps will grab the native screen running at the higher resolution.

edit : Nice NS2 shot :), don't worry that part is unobtrusive didn't really notice it until you mentioned it.

efyu_lemonardo

May I have a cookie?
I believe the way you render Sine Mora ( by adding launch options command lines in steam right ? ) doesn't work the same way as creating a custom resolution for the downsampling. In the former case the game will downscale to fit your screen "before" you can get a chance to grab the native shots whereas in the latter scenario image capturing software like fraps will grab the native screen running at the higher resolution.

edit : Nice NS2 shot :), don't worry that part is unobtrusive didn't really notice it until you mentioned it.

ah, ok. So once I have a custom resolution set up via nVidia control panel screen-captures will be tricked into thinking that's the actual resolution, and act accordingly?
Would PrintScreen also behave this way?

Corky

ah, ok. So once I have a custom resolution set up via nVidia control panel screen-captures will be tricked into thinking that's the actual resolution, and act accordingly?
Would PrintScreen also behave this way?

Pretty much!

I don't actually know to be honest, print screen is so finicky for me. Sometimes I just get a black screen sometimes a jumbled mess...but that's at least how fraps behaves - i.e it takes a picture of a resolution that your game is set to.

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
10K ? shots fired!
Well, most new games should support 8K (7680×4320) anyway, Skyrim does. But computer display standard currently is at most WHUXGA (7680×4800), so we probably have to wait a few years for 10K to enter the formula.

I just sorted out the AA with the game, after this shot :(
Also, I messed with draw distance and holy shit. I think I actually prefer the foggier distance.

morrowind2013-03-0309eeu6p.png

Kayhan

I just sorted out the AA with the game, after this shot :(
Also, I messed with draw distance and holy shit. I think I actually prefer the foggier distance.

morrowind2013-03-0309eeu6p.png

That is probably the best Morrowind shot I have ever seen.

What graphical mods are used here?

That is probably the best Morrowind shot I have ever seen.

What graphical mods are used here?

Thanks. There's a wonderful all-in-one mod Morrowind Graphics Overhaul, which includes many things, and uses its own detailed installer. Textures, new models, shaders, all that good stuff.

From the roaming around I've done, I find it much more immersive than Skyrim. Its a bummer the combat is so utterly horrendous.

Darkdeus

hey guys could you help me out with something? Does the Crysis and AvP shot I posted look really dark with way to much contrast to you? I changed my video card drivers this morning and I'm having some weird problems with viewing pictures.

When I look at it in photoshop it looks okay to me but looking at in now in Chrome and in windows photo viewer it looks super dark with a lot of increased contrast. The odd thing is when I look at it in full screen in the windows photo viewer it looks normal and looks the same as it does in photoshop. Looking at in the thread now it looks horrible tho : (

Edit: It also looks normal in paint, and Irfranview. Maybe I messed up the color profiles or something?

Corky

When I look at it in photoshop it looks okay to me but looking at in now in Chrome and in windows photo viewer it looks super dark with a lot of increased contrast. The odd thing is when I look at it in full screen in the windows photo viewer it looks normal and looks the same as it does in photoshop. Looking at in the thread now it looks horrible tho : (

Shot in the dark, could be this :

Fix your monitor's color profile.

Right click the Desktop and click Screen Resolution, then Advanced settings. Click the Color Management tab.

You want it to look like this, no profiles attached to it.

scitek

hey guys could you help me out with something? Does the Crysis and AvP shot I posted look really dark with way to much contrast to you? I changed my video card drivers this morning and I'm having some weird problems with viewing pictures.

Edit: It also looks normal in paint, and Irfranview. Maybe I messed up the color profiles or something?

They both look fine to me.

Durante

When you're downsampling by more than a factor of 4, it's usually better to do so in multiple steps. Also, Photoshop's "Bicubic Sharper" will probably lead to oversharpening.

Top Bottom