• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 PC Bullshot thread of "1 FPS? That's 1 screenshot per second"

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
iUJYCXcvijZez.png

AndyBNV

Nvidia
hardreset20130302144942.png

Sorry. Couldn't find a way to disable the HUD. Btw this games lighting is AMAZING.

ctrl+ ~ to open the console
r_draw_hud 0 for the crosshair
r_draw_weapon 0 for the HUD and weapon

Recommend SMAA Ultra + resolution downscaling for anti-aliasing. In-game options were pretty poor IIRC.

ctrl+ ~ to open the console
r_draw_hud 0 for the crosshair
r_draw_weapon 0 for the HUD and weapon

Recommend SMAA Ultra + resolution downscaling for anti-aliasing. In-game options were pretty poor IIRC.

Thanks for the heads up.

Will try to use these next time to redeem myself.

Also, the game is really good. Remind me of old school shooters.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.

Fuck Metro's DOF and volumetric lighting. It's like they cranked those effects up to obscene levels of detail. I know that exact scene, and my frames always plummet the moment the door opens.

Gorgeous though.

ibyx3lAfkVcrtM.png

It's extremely hard to get good shots from Sonic Generations due to it's fast-paced nature but do I qualify for this thread for my very first ever downsampled screenshot? :p Oh and I also tried Durantes 10k res from the Tildeshots in SoftTH though even the SEGA logo took 30 seconds to appear like this D:

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
Man I remember thinking Far Cry 2 was a good looking game back in the day. How times have changed.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
I still think it looks good. Super dated in many respects, but still good. The grass renderer alone looks incredible: thick and dense over a long distance.

But I also think a large part in why I like how Far Cry 2 looks comes from the setting. It looks dry, dusty, and humid. African topography made for some interesting set pieces and locations that you don't see in many game. That map has a strong identity, something I felt Far Cry 3 lacked tremendously.

Fuck tropical jungles. The world is bigger than that.

Spazznid

I still think it looks good. Super dated in many respects, but still good. The grass renderer alone looks incredible: thick and dense over a long distance.

But I also think a large part in why I like how Far Cry 2 looks comes from the setting. It looks dry, dusty, and humid. African topography made for some interesting set pieces and locations that you don't see in many game. That map has a strong identity, something I felt Far Cry 3 lacked tremendously.

Fuck tropical jungles. The world is bigger than that.

Agreed.

IoCaster

Nothing spectacular as I'm just trying to get the hang of this tiledshot gimmick. Nothing I could do about the textures, but I was just looking to get a nice clean image from it. I did a two step process with Bicubic Sharper then Bicubic down to 1080P.

rush_nn.png

You're damn awesome Durante. Thanks.

antitrop

I bought TLR on 360 at release, that was a huge mistake. I had to stop playing it after half an hour.

I should give it a second chance the way it was meant to be played.

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
What's it about? I know absolutely nothing about it outside of screenshots on GAF.

It's basically a love letter to old school pc fps's, set in a dystopian cyberpunk future where robots are fucking shit up. Amazing weapon system, great 'gunplay', rewarding difficulty and if you still need convincing there's a fucking railgun. Just go buy it, I think the game launched at the price of a bagel or something.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
It's basically a love letter to old school pc fps shooters set in a dystopian cyberpunk future where robots are fucking shit up. Amazing weapon system, great 'gunplay', rewarding difficulty and if you still need convincing there's a fucking railgun. Just go buy it, I think the game launched at the price of a bagel or something.

I would describe it as Serious Sam 3, but like actually good. And in a not in a terribly boring location.

The DLC baby expansion they released for free was great too.

Kukuk

Banned
fnvhgbvm.png

It's really a shame there's only so much in way of image quality you can do with ENB series. Still, I think it looks pretty nice, and it's almost playable!

Top Bottom