• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014-15 TV Cancellations: Under the Dome canned, what will CBS do with CG cows next?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
wheres my Jessica Jones teaser Netflix? :(

or official release date

ivysaur12

Banned
Gotta say, the Difficult People key art is pretty great

11250928_1138978306118182_4458062166873913915_n.jpg

If I didn't have so much to watch, then maybe, but I really disliked the beginning and I'm not crazy about superheroes. I like them -- and check out the great stuff, plus most video games -- but I'm sick of the onslaught.

As for Jane Lynch: I have nothing against her as a person. I just find her annoying on-screen.

I will second the previous poster comment about Shield's quality vastly increasing towards the end of season 1. It's legit good now and just like you I found beyond awful at the start. I nearly dropped, glad I didn't.

Does anyone know anything about Wayward Pines? I just finished it. I thought it was gonna be awful, but I was pleasantly surprised. It's not great by any means, but if they made another season I'd watch it.

EulaCapra

Bachelor/Bachelorette host Chris Harrison slams UnReal.

“Really, the main difference that I’ve seen is that people watch ‘The Bachelor,'” Harrison told Variety when asked what he thinks about “UnReal” at “The Bachelorette: Men Tell All” taping earlier this month. “It’s complete fiction. As much as they would love to jump on our coattails — they were begging for us to talk about it and for people to write about it — at the end of the day, no one is watching. I mean, absolutely nobody is watching that show. Why? It is terrible. It is really terrible.”

Lifetime renewed “UnReal” for Season 2 in early July, after a series-high 0.35 rating in adults 18-49, and the series premiering to 815,000 viewers overall. Last night, “The Bachelorette’s” Season 11 finale averaged a season-high 2.4 rating in adults 18-49 and 8.1 million viewers overall.

While talking to Variety, Harrison acknowledged that he does admire some parodies such as those on “Saturday Night Live” or “The Tonight Show” because they validate the “Bachelor” franchise’s cultural impact.

“You only do that when you are part of the vernacular. Because if not, you can’t make a joke. It’s a sign of respect,” he said. “The way that ‘UnReal’ took it, it wasn’t a sign of respect. They were trying to take it another direction, but it doesn’t work that way.”

Harrison also enjoyed the parody series “Burning Love,” exec produced by Ben Stiller. “I respected that because they used their skills to do that. But ‘UnReal’ is just a really bad attempt, and they got what they deserved, and that is no one is watching the show."
What a bitch. So glad UnReal already got its season 2 renewal.

Sober

I don't usually complain that shows just have white people staring white people with white people problems but I won't lie if I tell you when I saw the upfront trailer for Blood and Oil I could not tell you who the fuck was supposed to be who (they all looked the same) except maybe the old dude during the course of the trailer.

Was this known?

Cinemax Cancels 'Banshee'

The HBO sibling network has canceled the drama, with the upcoming eight-episode fourth season set to be its last, The Hollywood Reporter has confirmed. Cinemax would not confirm.
It wasn't cancelled so much as it's ending, as discussed in the Banshee OT. It's Cinemax's highest rated show.

The reason it's ending is due to the creative team feeling it's time to.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Banshee was cancelled? :(

Edit: oh ending not canceled, that's fine then. Yes there's a difference

ezekial45

Banned
I'm actually really worried about The Knick on Cinemax. They renewed the show for a second season ahead of the first, but it only averaged around 300k viewers for the first 10 episodes.

I'm hoping they decide to keep it on account of it being a prestige show.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom