• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014-15 TV Cancellations: Under the Dome canned, what will CBS do with CG cows next?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patryn

Person of Interest, is ending? WHAT? When?

It was very much on the bubble, it barely got renewed, and it got a reduced episode order.

Its ratings dropped quite a bit last season and CBS doesn't own it, so they don't see any value in resale rights.

Basically the writing is on the wall and it's fairly clear this is the final season.

jelly

Person of Interest dragged way too much, series are way too long, episodes are mostly filler even if they allude to the bigger story arc for a moment. Right time to trim it down and end it.

I'm genuinely shocked that Welcome To Sweden was still on the air. I thought it was cancelled after 3 episodes or something. I've never heard anyone talk about it, in real life or online.

Monocle

If there were any justice in the world, we'd get a Job & Sugar Adventures spinoff series.
That should totally happen.

Hopefully driving into the sunset with Bunker and Burton for a sassy threesome.
I temporarily blanked on what Bunker and Burton look like, but a quick google brought me to my senses.

I would be 100% OK with this.

Too bad that one hunky Ukrainian who fought Ana isn't around to complete the set. Olek, was it?

21xlCqE.jpg

Mmm.

xrnzaaas

I'm sad that both Strike Back and Banshee are ending, but at the same time I'm glad they won't be turned into soap operas with XX seasons.

styl3s

After the next season. Planned by the creative team, so it should have a satisfying ending. (Hopefully.)
After next season as in the next season is the last or they will do one final season after that?

Strike Back hits me the hardest because they easily could of done 1-2 more seasons before it ran its course. Banshee, although i love it had it's walls closing in the second it started because of who it's about and how the story came out but i am glad they planned it so it won't end abruptly.

I'm sad that both Strike Back and Banshee are ending, but at the same time I'm glad they won't be turned into soap operas with XX seasons.
I was thinking the other day at just how great Strike Back could be such a great anthology type show and it fucking bums me out that it will never be that or even get another 1-2 seasons.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
What if you think it sucks and are worried Cinemax will keep renewing it?

#unpopularopinons

Even if you don't think the writing/characterization is all that, surely you'd still want it on the air due to Soderbergh's masterful direction?

After next season as in the next season is the last or they will do one final season after that?

Season 4 (next season) will be the final season.

I was thinking the other day at just how great Strike Back could be such a great anthology type show and it fucking bums me out that it will never be that or even get another 1-2 seasons.

I think so too. They already rebooted the cast once - they could easily do it again.

That should totally happen.

I temporarily blanked on what Bunker and Burton look like, but a quick google brought me to my senses.

I would be 100% OK with this.

Too bad that one hunky Ukrainian who fought Ana isn't around to complete the set. Olek, was it?

21xlCqE.jpg

Mmm.
Yeah, he was great.

Maybe he'll have a flashback hookup with Job, but he was pretty crazy for Ana.

I'm genuinely shocked that Welcome To Sweden was still on the air. I thought it was cancelled after 3 episodes or something. I've never heard anyone talk about it, in real life or online.
Honest to God: I didn't even know it had started airing. And it was on its second season!

I remember reading about NBC picking up the show about a year-and-a-half ago and hadn't thought of it since.

faridmon

Its actually popular in Scandinavian countries.

Channel 4 in Sweden and tv2 in Norway have had decent ratings when showing that show.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Netflix series ranked by number of Facebook likes:

Orange is the New Black - 4.64 million
House of Cards - 2.03 million
Daredevil - 1.01 million
Sense8 - 462K
Hemlock Grove - 379K
BoJack Horseman - 276K
Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt - 219K
Marco Polo - 215K
Grace and Frankie - 83K
Bloodline - 63K

Twitter followers:

Orange is the New Black - 1.03 million
House of Cards - 568K
Daredevil - 183K
Sense8 - 75.4K
BoJack Horseman - 64.8K
Hemlock Grove - 44.3K
Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt - 49.5K
Marco Polo - 15.7K
Bloodline - 14.7K
Grace and Frankie - 12K

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
CW developing 'Little Women' series

Written by Jolly, Little Women is described as a hyper-stylized, gritty adaptation of the 1868 novel by Louisa May Alcott, in which disparate half-sisters Jo, Meg, Beth, and Amy band together in order to survive the dystopic streets of Philadelphia and unravel a conspiracy that stretches far beyond anything they have ever imagined – all while trying not to kill each other in the process.

IU9BJY9.gif

Chris R

Any idea on how the Jim Gaffigan show is doing? I'd hope the fact that it's on TV Land means only me and four other people need to watch it to make sure it doesn't get cancelled.

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
Any idea on how the Jim Gaffigan show is doing? I'd hope the fact that it's on TV Land means only me and four other people need to watch it to make sure it doesn't get cancelled.
This wasn't really on my radar, but I saw the second episode (the red velvet cake) the other day and really enjoyed it. I think I'll watch the new one tonight.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
quality television being rewarded by fan adoration:
Orange is the New Black - 4.64 million
House of Cards - 2.03 million
BoJack Horseman - 276K
Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt - 219K

comic book fans will watch anything:
Daredevil - 1.01 million

lots of promotion:
Sense8 - 462K
Marco Polo - 215K

mega garbage:
Hemlock Grove - 379K

no one watched these:
Grace and Frankie - 83K
Bloodline - 63K

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
whats happening

he got hired as head writer for HBO's adult Wizard of Oz reboot...

... or maybe he just got confirmation that Hillary Clinton is guesting on NCIS: LA...

... or maybe he has the latest scoop on which middle-aged executive producer is hooking up with an intern...

ivysaur12

Banned
he got hired as head writer for HBO's adult Wizard of Oz reboot...

... or maybe he just got confirmation that Hillary Clinton is guesting on NCIS: LA...

... or maybe he has the latest scoop on which middle-aged executive producer is hooking up with an intern...

The gritty Oz reboot is on NBC, Stump plz

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
The CW has been on a pretty good hot streak with their genre shows recently, so I can't hate on them too much. My question is, why Little Women? Most of the peopel watching probably won't get the references, and the concept sounds soooooo far removed from the source material that you could just name the main characters of the show after the characters of the book as homage and be done with it. I guess we'll see. It just seems like a completely off the wall idea.

Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.. but The CW has a strong history of remakes and adaptations. The Comic stuff obviously but also Melrose Place, 90210, La Femme Nikita, The 100 (adaptation), The Vampire Diaries and it's spin off (adaptation), and probably some other stuff that I'm forgetting about.

So it seems par for the course for them to try something like this Little Women thing.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
My question is, why Little Women? Most of the peopel watching probably won't get the references, and the concept sounds soooooo far removed from the source material that you could just name the main characters of the show after the characters of the book as homage and be done with it.

Hollywood does that ish all the time - Bates Motel, Battleship, Game of Thrones, Uncle Buck, Jem and the Holograms...

ivysaur12

Banned
V excited for the gritty reboot of Emma

"Emma Woodhouse, handsome, clever, rich, and the most unlikely hero in England to lead the fight against the Legion."

maxcriden

Since my least favorite type of show is a dull, desperately trying to be prestige and mostly failing one (Boardwalk Empire, The Knick, etc.) all the people that said this kept me from even watching Bloodline.

As someone who is a big fan of Damages and of Kyle Chandler, I think you made the right call. I thought Bloodline was terribly slow, not compelling, too lean on plot, and just...was not pleasant at all. I think I watched 5 or 6 eps and I should've just stopped sooner. Blegh.

As someone who is a big fan of Damages and of Kyle Chandler, I think you made the right call. I thought Bloodline was terribly slow, not compelling, too lean on plot, and just...was not pleasant at all. I think I watched 5 or 6 eps and I should've just stopped sooner. Blegh.
Yeah, I tried watching it with someone who also loved Damages but we couldn't get into it.
Way too slow and not enough plot. I stopped after episode one.

And Kyle Chandler getting nominated for Bloodline when someone like Olyphant is being left out is pathetic.
Chandler was terrible. absolutely terrible.
Why not nominate people who actually deserve it? Like Timothy Olyphant. Or Toby Stephens. Or Frank Grillo.

ivysaur12

Banned
I've actually heard really good things about Bloodline from non-industry people for the past few months, which prompted me to put it on My List.

maxcriden

I've actually heard really good things about Bloodline from non-industry people for the past few months, which prompted me to put it on My List.

I mean, it's a polarizing show. It's going to be pretty love it or hate it. No clue which camp you'll be in. I mean, I always thought of you as having excellent taste, so I assume you'll be in the hate it camp. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom