• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 FIFA World Cup |OT6| The beautiful game in all its thrilling glory

Status
Not open for further replies.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
BXOnFJi.png

h5eznIi.png

Messi is incredible.

If Belgium keep him quiet(easier said than done) then Argentina is out.
I hope they play like they did against USA but I doubt it. USA was able to easily bypass their midfield whenever the US wanted. Against a team with better quality upfront that could be really dangerous.

Draconian

BXOnFJi.png

h5eznIi.png

Messi is incredible.

If Belgium keep him quiet(easier said than done) then Argentina is out.

I just don't see it happening over a full 90 minutes. He will create chances and it'll be a matter of whether they take them or not. Belgium will be dangerous on the counter though. I see Hazard having a great game.

bud

LOL is this a joke? Suarez had two chances and put them both away. Rooney should have scored on a header and another time when he sent it right to the keeper from close range. But he scored his first and only World Cup goal in 12 years on an easy tap-in where others did all the work, and he should be man of the match according to WhoScored... if he had actually done his job they would have won.

FIFA got it right, no one for England deserved man of the match in any game. All three games, was this determined by deluded England fanboys? You'd almost think they didn't lose to two teams that both lost to Costa Rica to go out after just two games, and then manage a 0-0 tie against an opponent that was already through afterwards.

whoscored's ratings are a joke.

whoscored's ratings are a joke.

This. Ridiculous "objective" scoring system. Anything that places Wayne Rooney as the best player of any game ever is objectively wrong.

Also, Messi versus James Rodriguez for best player so far this tournament. Whoever leads his team the furthest wins my vote.

Sadist

Man Robben is in his prime. I know some jimmies were rustled when he was honest on that first and only dive against Mexico (and some conveniently forget he should have gotten a PK in the first half, the PK he did get could have gone both ways though; some refs reward it, others don't. I'm still guessing the ref viewed that moment during halftime and that's why he got PK in the final minutes) but man he's so good right now. I know Holland won't win the worldcup, but I desperately want to see more Robben this tournament. I mean, can you imagine Robben vs. Messi? That would be epic.

Offcourse as a Dutchy I'd love if the Netherlands did a Bayern-redux. Robben had a trauma after the WC 2010 final and he continued that slump in Munich. But he really fought back when he made that goal in the CL final and eversince he keeps on getting better. For Robben it would be "justica!" if he made that one goal in the final.

ronito

Here's my guess:

Columbia beats Brazil
Germany Beats France

Netherlands trounces the Ticos (sorry Ticos)
Belgium beats Argentina

Then
Germany beats Columbia
Netherlands beats Belguim

Making it my top two teams in the finals!

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
Robben is the biggest jimmie-rustler in modern football.

Here's my guess:

Columbia beats Brazil
Germany Beats France

Netherlands trounces the Ticos (sorry Ticos)
Switzerland beats Argentina

Then
Germany beats Columbia
Netherlands beats Switzerland

Making it my top two teams in the finals!

C'mon son.

Cheering for:
Netherlands - Costa Rica
Brazil - Colombia:
France - Germany:
Argentina - Belgium:

Expecting to Win:
Netherlands - Costa Rica
Brazil - Colombia:
France - Germany:
Argentina - Belgium:

I guess I generally go for the underdogs.

Man, I'm gonna be rooting for Colombia on friday. Think about it, with Brazil gone, Brazilians will have to choose who to root for:

They won't choose Colombia, since they would've eliminated Brazil.
They hate Argentina so that's not an option either.
They won't root for an european team.

Costa Rica to get full support of 100% of Brazil confirmed.

Costa Rica already has my support.

That said, unless Colombia beats us by, somehow, cheating, I would support them for the WC title.

This is the only final which is worthy
With Argentina beating Brazil in the final on Brazilian soil

Some people just wanna see the world burn... lol

I actually hope Messi wins a WC to be recognizaed as one of the best to ever play this game, but I hope it's not this world cup. The repercussions would be way too annoying.

I can support Argentina winning Russia 2018 tho.

Sadist

But what if it's a European finale on South-American soil?

Who are you supporting then? Because seriously, I totally see Germany winning this thing.

Who are you supporting then? Because seriously, I totally see Germany winning this thing.

Germany x Holland final?
May the best win. As long as it's a fair win (no dives or reff mistakes).

I'd probably support Holland because they are easily the most important football nation to never have won win a title yet.

Have you no faith in your own Dutch team?

I want Germany to take it, but they haven't been performing convincingly in their past group and KO matches, with the exception of their 4-0 drubbing of Portugal in the very first group match. US gave them a run for their money, and so did Ghana lol. Both are teams that winning form Germany should've been able to trash with ease, just like in WC 2010.

The Germany that also almost fell to a highly spirited Algeria is NOT the Germany that I would deem worthy of the WC, no siree. For heaven's sakes the fact that they needed Ghostzil to save them with the second goal was too much for me that day lol.

IN&OUT

Banned
A final between Argentina and Brazil would be massive !

Imagine Argentina winning this final with Messi scoring a hattrick !!!

Holy smokes. . . .

LNBL

Man Robben is in his prime. I know some jimmies were rustled when he was honest on that first and only dive against Mexico (and some conveniently forget he should have gotten a PK in the first half, the PK he did get could have gone both ways though; some refs reward it, others don't. I'm still guessing the ref viewed that moment during halftime and that's why he got PK in the final minutes) but man he's so good right now. I know Holland won't win the worldcup, but I desperately want to see more Robben this tournament. I mean, can you imagine Robben vs. Messi? That would be epic.

Offcourse as a Dutchy I'd love if the Netherlands did a Bayern-redux. Robben had a trauma after the WC 2010 final and he continued that slump in Munich. But he really fought back when he made that goal in the CL final and eversince he keeps on getting better. For Robben it would be "justica!" if he made that one goal in the final.

What the hell man! Gotta have that faith, it's now or never.

CassSept

Holy smokes. . . .

Argentina is terrible though. Outside of very brief moments their matches so far were a drag to watch.

alterno69

Banned
Some people just wanna see the world burn... lol

I actually hope Messi wins a WC to be recognizaed as one of the best to ever play this game, but I hope it's not this world cup. The repercussions would be way too annoying.

I would never support Argentina, many of their fans have this superiority complex, even when they have won nothing in almost 20 years, during which they have put together some really abysmal teams.

But like you say, if they somehow won it this year, the world would never hear the end of it, that's why i've rooted for Brazil more often, they play nice football(mostly) and their fans seem pretty chill overall.
love this pic

Belgium-Lukaku-De-Bruyne-Re.jpg

Amazing pic.

Massa

I would never support Argentina, many of their fans have this superiority complex, even when they have won nothing in almost 20 years, during which they have put together some really abysmal teams.

Argentina fans are singing a song at this World Cup that says Brazilians are still lamenting losing to them in 1990... even though Brazil has won two cups since that. Just crazy.

Guys do you think it's possible to stay in total media black out for the Friday's games, I will be able to watch it after 7pm EST.. in my hotel room in New York city.

Before that I will be on the road! traveling through New York State!

As a Canadian, it will be extra hard (and ridiculously expensive) for me to try to even stream it on my phone...

I am nervous once we pull in to NYC there will be lots of people and clues (flag wavers) on who won?

CassSept

Argentina fans are singing a song at this World Cup that says Brazilians are still lamenting losing to them in 1990... even though Brazil has won two cups since that. Just crazy.

It's somewhat hilarious how often Argentina lucks their way into laughably easy groups though.

LNBL

As if the Algerian team had not won my heart already, striker Slimani announced that they will be donating their World cup winnings to Gaza.

c0b330bd626955c66ff932030cea790d.png

Holy smokes. . . .

David Luiz or Luis Gustavo would break his legs first. And I would hate them for it because I love Messi. :(

Holy crap this is exactly the same problem I have with their supporters as well!
It's also the reason I hate Flamengo (the brazilian team).

I mean both havent won something relevant in a long time, still they act like they are superior to everybody... Makes no sense and it's fucking annoying.

I wouldnt be as opposed to Argentina winnign if the fans would chill the fuck out. :/

Irnbru

Man, I'm gonna be rooting for Colombia on friday. Think about it, with Brazil gone, Brazilians will have to choose who to root for:

They won't choose Colombia, since they would've eliminated Brazil.
They hate Argentina so that's not an option either.
They won't root for an european team.

Costa Rica to get full support of 100% of Brazil confirmed.

I wouldn't doubt if half the Mexicans stayed to cheer Costa Rica tbh.

dubc35

A little late but congrats to the Belgium fans. Great match yesterday, wish the USMNT (United States Mutant Ninja Turtles as I refer to them) could have pulled it out but I knew they wouldn't win the cup so a loss would be somewhere in there.

David Luiz or Luis Gustavo would break his legs first. And I would hate them for it because I love Messi. :(

Holy crap this is exactly the same problem I have with their supporters as well!
It's also the reason I hate Flamengo (the brazilian team).

I mean both havent won something relevant in a long time, still they act like they are superior to everybody... Makes no sense and it's fucking annoying.

I wouldnt be as opposed to Argentina winnign if the fans would chill the fuck out. :/

WAT ?!

WAT ?!?!!

WAT?!?!?!

We're the current Copa do Brasil champions and won the Brasileirão in 2009. Not our best years but still better than many other Brazilian teams. And Argentina, lol.

keit4

Banned
Hopefully Brazil and Argentina don't make it to the final, both teams are playing like crap so far and neither deserve to win.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom