• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 NBA Draft |OT| Destroying careers before they start (if you're the first pick)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cheddahz

Banned
BrGitW4IUAEskZJ.png

"has immense talent that makes to seem easy anything he does on the court"

Grizz, by all indications, took Jordan Adams to keep him. Two prime Raps targets (Gary Harris & Tyler Ennis) were gone before No. 22, so ... ESPNSteinLine

Raptors got so screwed this draft. LOL

Bowser

People high on Napier, I don't think he's really gonna be all that great in the league. UNC homerism coming out here but I think Hairston definitely has more superstar potential than Napier. If we took Hairston at 24 the Heat were just gonna take Napier at 26 anyway, at least we got a lil somethin' somethin' outta it.

Grizz, by all indications, took Jordan Adams to keep him. Two prime Raps targets (Gary Harris & Tyler Ennis) were gone before No. 22, so ... ESPNSteinLine

Raptors got so screwed this draft. LOL

They screwed themselves. I am only mad they didnt tank last year, now they have to tank and for what?

BadAss2961

People high on Napier, I don't think he's really gonna be all that great in the league. UNC homerism coming out here but I think Hairston definitely has more superstar potential than Napier. If we took Hairston at 24 the Heat were just gonna take Napier at 26 anyway, at least we got a lil somethin' somethin' outta it.
True.

MJ still should've trolled Miami though.

Pimpwerx

Pretty much. It worked for both teams. Those second round picks would've been traded anyway. PEACE.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Raptors were desperate to get Napier too. Maybe they should have just drafted a PG instead of Brazilian KD.

They can still trade for Jeremy Lin though.

Bowser

Marc Stein ‏@ESPNSteinLine 2m
As story goes, Raps promised to take Brazilian project Caboclo w/No. 37 & that's why he skipped all workouts. Grabbed him at No. 20 instead

lol my god

Pimpwerx

Not sure why people are assuming this is because LeBron wanted Napier. Pat only picked him because he fits a clear need, and has the traits Pat normally looks for in a player. If LeBron said he liked some 1 and done player, there's no chance Riley would pick him. I assume it's just a coincidence. Lots of mock drafts had him coming here too. PEACE.

Yawnier

Banned
Marc Stein ‏@ESPNSteinLine 2m
As story goes, Raps promised to take Brazilian project Caboclo w/No. 37 & that's why he skipped all workouts. Grabbed him at No. 20 instead

lol my god

Why not trade down, like tha fuck unless there was another team really high on him

knicks

Aren't teams allowed to trade cash in trades or do they need special permission from the league?

Is there a limit to how much money a team can give to a team through a trade? Would the Lakers be able to trade Julius Randle and like $10 million for Love?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom