• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 Pokémon World Championships | Washington, DC | August 15th-17th | Twitch Stream

jman2050

Using a fire attack always guarantees an thaw I think? I wonder if he wouldn't have used Overheat in that situation anyway so I don't think it mattered?

JoeM86

Only Flame Wheel, Flare Blitz, Fusion Flare, Sacred Fire, Scald or Steam Eruption guarantee you defrost when you use them

jman2050

So is Super Fang/Nuzzle/Volt Absorb really enough to use Pachirisu instead of, say, Togekiss for that role?

Not that I mind seeing that little squirrel thing wreck face.

backlot

So is Super Fang/Nuzzle/Volt Absorb really enough to use Pachirisu instead of, say, Togekiss for that role?

Togekiss isn't allowed in the format this year since it isn't in Kalos Dex.

Garjon

Is that it?

Togekiss wouldn't have survived that Rock Slide so yeah.

Busaiku

Togekiss would lose to Rock Slide and Electric moves in general, which hurt Gyarados/Talonflame a lot.
So yeah, it'd be a lot worse for the role that Pachirisu serves.

fek

Togekiss isn't allowed in VGC14 and it's weak to electric too so it wouldn't help Gyarados very much. Se Jun said he considered Amoonguss for the role but everyone was prepared for that

backlot

Shit forgot about that.

Yeah from a cursory glance seems like Pachirisu is the best choice then.

EDIT - Defending against rock slide, that's a good point as well.

It's also worth noting that Pachirisu can redirect electric attacks away from Gyarados and Talonflame. Togekiss would have a harder time with that.

DaBoss

It's also worth noting that Pachirisu can redirect electric attacks away from Gyarados and Talonflame. Togekiss would have a harder time with that.
It can't. Lightning Rod does that, Pachirisu has Volt Absorb. It would work on switches though, but I would assume people would expect that.

Edit: Oh right, forgot about Follow Me.

Top Bottom