• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2015 Hobonichi Techo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Prax

What are the cover on covers? Apparently one comes with the cast cover

It's a plastic cover you can put overtop your regular covers to keep it from getting dirty, I think.

LOOK! MORE MERCHANDISEEEE...

http://www.1101.com/store/techo/2016/planner/detail_toolstoys/s_mother.html
hobonichi_mrsaturncases_by_meibatsu-d97h8p7.jpg

This case and pouch both use the same "necktie" material as the Mr. Saturn Weeks book. The colors come in yellow and green, with the green exclusive to this case and pouch. The pattern features a happy Mr. Saturn walking alongside other Mr. Saturns facing various directions, some wearing a red handkerchief to cloak themselves like a ninja. The sturdy material is designed to last for many years, with a variety of cases that are great for carrying around with the Weeks book. The wide pouch is perfectly sized to fit a Nintendo 3DS LL or other portable electronics, and the long pouch fits the chargers and other useful accessories.
20 dollar pencil case though? Whew!
It helps a bit knowing the Mr. Saturns are embroidered on instead of just screen printed, but still!

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
Am I reading the price right? £182?

There are a bunch of covers done by professional designers, often involving more expensive materials like leather. If you're interested in those, it comes at a cost. But there are plenty of covers you can buy that are very cheap and can take quite a beating!

Fireblend

Banned
They aren't actually for sale yet right? Anyway, ordering one with the cast cover as soon as I get paid (and the store opens, I guess). How long do they take to arrive?

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
They aren't actually for sale yet right? Anyway, ordering one with the cast cover as soon as I get paid (and the store opens, I guess). How long do they take to arrive?

Nope, sales won't start until September 1st. The store page is thrown up early so everyone can get used to navigating and knowing how to get what they want when it goes live.

Confession time. Last week I forgot my techo in my car during work. It was really hot.

I think something happened to my cover. When I got back to my car, the top part of the cover was pretty loose, like it was stretched out. When I got it home and into my cool house, it shunk a little but isn't as tight as it was before.

It's the sashino weeve cover BTW.

peakish

I haven't used my 2015 planner quite as much as I planned (turns out I don't do that much exciting stuff, hah), but it's come in very handy a few select times. Considering getting one of those spexy weekly planners this year, to see how that fits my life. Maybe I'll splurge on both anyway though, hah.

I want to get both of the MOTHER 2 covers. If I get the A6 avec Original Books instead of the normal planner, then I can have one cover for each one. But I also want the Mr. Saturn weekly planner, and maybe a Mr. Saturn case. And I wanted to try out the translated planner to see the different layout. I don't know what to do.

I'll set a $100 (~12100 JPY) budget as my yearly Hobonichi expense, I guess.

Bagels

You got Moxie, kid!
I'll try to get a new post up for 2016 this weekend! I want to settle, for once and for all, the issue where people only look at the covers that are a hundred billion Japanese Yen dollars.

That quickly adds up to a lot of euros.

Dennis

Banned
Guess it will be time to order the English 2016 Planner and the Japanese 2016 Cousin soon.

I mean, 2016 is months away but I think I will just feel better having them in my possession.

Cover-wise I am still good with my Black Leather cover for the Cousin. Maybe time to upgrade to leather for the Planner as well......

Having read the OP, I still don't see the hooplah over these things. As someone who used a day planner religiously in college, the format of these [default papers] looks rather useless, considering how tiny everything is.

Also, how the hell did those pictures in the OP have like, DK quality photographs and finish? Did they switch out the papers?

I'm having trouble wrapping my head around this thing.
free-happy-smileys-839.gif

Fireblend

Banned
Having read the OP, I still don't see the hooplah over these things. As someone who used a day planner religiously in college, the format of these [default papers] looks rather useless, considering how tiny everything is.

Also, how the hell did those pictures in the OP have like, DK quality photographs and finish? Did they switch out the papers?

But it has Earthbound covers.

High quality paper. Each day gets its own page. Sturdy.

BorkBork

The Legend of BorkBork: BorkBorkity Borking
I am seriously considering dropping 100+ bucks just for the cover for next year's Techo.

With the increased productivity, it should pay for itself, right guys?

God damn it can hold your phone as well. Would be kind of awkward to carry around though...

peakish

Dang it, it's the accessories that rack the total cost up. I want one of those leather clips if I get a weekly planner but it's like $18. At least these small memo pads are just $5 for a pack of 3 which I don't mind paying for some good paper.

I honestly just like the look of it*. a sucker born every day etc.

*Which is why I'm mad about how boring the English Techo is compared to the Japanese. Where are my 12-color tabs?!

Ludovico

God damn it can hold your phone as well. Would be kind of awkward to carry around though...

I'd much rather carry around this and a thin laptop than some of the process binders the other teachers tote around - especially when I'm not in my office and running around on errands.

Only thing I'm worried about are the button snaps and the Velcro - I'll be using this nonstop, five days a week, and I don't know if I'd be able to replace them if (when) they fail....

driph

Neo Member
Is it crazy to buy two covers (I already have the Onett cover too)?

Well, the covers for each year (and even the plastic cover on covers!) have the year stamped in them, so you could take that to mean that the 2015 cover belongs with the 2015 planner. Sets a dangerous precedent though.

Plastic cover for your cover. I had one this past year and never used it. It was cumbersome.

I'm the opposite. I don't love the nylon texture of the Onett cover, and it's a lot more grippy with the plastic cover on cover in place. Plus you can put stickers and other crap on it.

Soulfire

The Hobonichi Facebook page is saying an hour until the 2016 store opens.
This is the first Hobonichi for me and this thread has gotten me to Christmas level excitement. For a planner. Crazy!

Cindro

I just started Bullet Journaling (which I'm planning on combining with normal thought-journaling), but everything about the Hobonichi just looks so... unfettered and cool. Does anyone use their Hobonichi for Bullet Journaling? Is it conducive for the method, or do you find it too "eccentric" for the straightforwardness of BuJo?

Dwayne

Looking at ordering the English planner, is there any reason why I can't order a Hobonichi Techo ‘Original’ cover for it? They haven't put them together on the website but they are the same size.

edit: op seems to apply they're compatible

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
Looking at ordering the English planner, is there any reason why I can't order a Hobonichi Techo ‘Original’ cover for it? They haven't put them together on the website but they are the same size.

You can! If you look at any 'Original' covers, you'll see the option to purchase the English planner with it.

1GGzi4P.png

They just categorize the covers weirdly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom