• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2015 Hobonichi Techo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Faiz

I joined a fauxbonichi group on Facebook and I may be the only dude. There definitely aren't any posting. Most begin their posts with "Hey Ladies..."

I feel like an invader lol.

Porcile

I joined a fauxbonichi group on Facebook and I may be the only dude. There definitely aren't any posting. Most begin their posts with "Hey Ladies..."

I feel like an invader lol.

I guess crafts, journaling and scrapbooking are not really typical male pursuits.

Prax

I decided I needed an agenda to get my life together so I took the plunge and it's like $75 Canadian for a Saturn Valley cover + English techo.. :((((
Even worse is I don't know what will happen with customs/duties.

Ooh, and I just noticed now that the Saturn Valley cover has a Mad Duck print inside the outer pocket probably. While the cast cover doesn't have an outer pocket! I think I've made the right choice. The more pockets, the merrier!

Tadaima

I received confirmation which says that my order can no longer be amended since it is being prepared for shipment and that it will ship between September 2 to September 6.

I ordered the Saturn Valley cover + book set and the Mother 2 Cast cover.

EDIT: Just received another email which says it was shipped today. It includes a tracking number, which confirms that it is on its way! Will expect this to arrive tomorrow or Friday since it's coming from Chiba, which is very close to Tokyo.

i love the hobonichi weeks editions — perfect size and granularity for someone without a ton of notes to make. will buy one in the new year!

Prax

I received confirmation which says that my order can no longer be amended since it is being prepared for shipment and that it will ship between September 2 to September 6.

I ordered the Saturn Valley cover + book set and the Mother 2 Cast cover.

EDIT: Just received another email which says it was shipped today. It includes a tracking number, which confirms that it is on its way! Will expect this to arrive tomorrow or Friday since it's coming from Chiba, which is very close to Tokyo.

Woah really? SO SOON?! :eek:
Maybe that means I can expect mine soon then?

Tadaima

Woah really? SO SOON?! :eek:
Maybe that means I can expect mine soon then?

Possibly, but it looks like you put in your order after it was re-stocked so you might be getting one from the second batch (October or so). Keep an eye on your email, I guess!

Porcile

My Saturn Valley+Book is shipping soon too. My other order with the cast cover and memo-pads in mid-October apparently. I'm really hoping customs don't get involved. It would be the first time ever.

Prax

Ah yeah, I got it after the restock, so I guess it's Mid-October for me then!

Do they charge your card right away or only after the items ship?
(Maybe the exchange rate will be more favourable toward me by then if it's later. >_> )

Porcile

Ah yeah, I got it after the restock, so I guess it's Mid-October for me then!

Do they charge your card right away or only after the items ship?
(Maybe the exchange rate will be more favourable toward me by then if it's later. >_> )

I'm pretty sure they charged me right away for the October order, but my credit card transaction list hasn't updated yet so I can't be 100% sure.

Anyone else use their hobo for drawing?

My line work has improved so much thanks thanks to my hobonichi.
39d60f98b15d8f29ff60484fe8416893.jpg

Porcile

My order dispatched too. I'm just hoping customs doesn't hold it up. Having never dealt with them before, I have no idea what to expect.

Porcile

Mine has arrived in the country it seems. I don't think I've ever had a package have to go through customs before. Will it just be delayed? Will I have to pay some sort of arbitrary fee?

J1Qeztu.jpg

My order shipped and went through the major sorting facility here in Chicago in about a day. It's currently in transit to it's location, which should be my local post office. So I should have it tomorrow.

Ludovico

Ordered last night, after a day of intense deliberation.

00023826 Hobonichi Techo A6 Original Book Japanese (Jan start w/Mon) x 1 / 2160 yen / 2160 yen
00023990 Hobonichi Weekly Calendar x 1 / 540 yen / 540 yen
00023992 Hobonichi Memo Pad Set(3-book set for A6 Hobonichi Planner/Origi x 2 / 540 yen / 1080 yen

With my 2015 Original, I pretty much sprawl whatever/wherever, which makes it a weird mix of reflection, work stuff, creative, and self loathing. So with 2016, I'll have the hobonichi dedicated to daily journaling and cool stuff, and I'll be setting up a Leuchtturm Medium (roughly A5) for all productivity/work related stuff.

Is anyone using two hobonichi's to keep work/school separate from personal stuff? I would really like to, but can't justify it knowing I'll have a ton of unused pages....

My Hobonichi 2016 planner and Mother 2 Cast cover arrived! Absolutely love the new cover, the red is so nice.

Disappointed with the bookmark, I thought it was one solid bookmark that was transparent with the characters, but each individual character is a sticker. Oh well.

Prax

My Hobonichi 2016 planner and Mother 2 Cast cover arrived! Absolutely love the new cover, the red is so nice.

Disappointed with the bookmark, I thought it was one solid bookmark that was transparent with the characters, but each individual character is a sticker. Oh well.

Are they stickers? I for some reason thought they were cutouts so they could hang on the pages..

Porcile

ah I didnt really mean post it on, I assume the the guy would be home for christmas and can just take it with him

Haha - your own personal international courier!

The blue tissue holder (?) and the pen were free goodies. I should have the Mother 2 Cast cover and some memo pads coming in October. I have to say the Saturn Valley cover is a tiny bit muddy in terms of colour saturation, but it's still very nice. I think I still prefer the Onett cover though.

NFFUo2k.jpg

jeffers

Haha - your own personal international courier!

The blue tissue holder (?) and the pen were free goodies. I should have the Mother 2 Cast cover and some memo pads coming in October. I have to say the Saturn Valley cover is a tiny bit muddy in terms of colour saturation, but it's still very nice. I think I still prefer the Onett cover though.

NFFUo2k.jpg

is it a bit weird that you got this new package and thing, but now cant really use it properly till january? :p

Porcile

Yes - haha.

I'm learning Japanese so come January I hope to be able to read and translate lot more of the quotes and other bits of information which I can't right now.

jeffers

Yes - haha.

I'm learning Japanese so come January I hope to be able to read and translate lot more of the quotes and other bits of information which I can't right now.

well mines just been dispatched. turned out from the errors at launch, I had 2 incomplete orders in the system, so they cancelled my new one and processed one of those, so dont have to wait till mid oct! now just to face the horrendous handling fee >.>

MikeDip

God bless all my old friends/And god bless me too, why pretend?
How's the new book smell on these? Do they smell like a new car?

I went with the cousin A5 book and a very plain black cover. Used the cousin for years and could never go back to the smaller size. Whatever you get you are in for a treat. Biggest surprise for me was ordering here in Japan still attracted shipping costs. In the day of free shipping as a given I was shocked at the 730 yen charge.

spadge

Does anyoneknow when the Hobonichi site takes payment? If I order the Mother 2 cast cover it says Early december. Is the payment taken now or when it ships?

Porcile

I think when it's shipment time. Don't quote me on that.

Did any other UK'ers get their shit? How much did it all cost you in the end?

Forkball

How long have the 2016 versions been out? I went to a store that the official website says stocks them. They had none. ZERO. Has anyone been able to pick one up at retail?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom