• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2015 NBA Finals |OT| the deli is closed

Status
Not open for further replies.

AkuMifune

Banned
Can't blame Silver for 8 days. Each series finished super early. You have to have set dates really because of how much logistics is involved.

I'm being slighty facetious. As much as I'd like to blame the format of the playoffs, the clips and wizards both choked and we were left with terrible conference finals.

The finals finals should be great though. /here's hoping

I mean...it's not impossible but that's saying GS will lose as many home games this series as they have lost all year + playoffs.
When you say it like that... Damn.. lebron and kyrie better average 35 a game on a good percentage. Ws will have no issues D'ing up the rest of cavs because their ball movement is trash most of the times.

Fjordson

As a Warriors fan I'm just overjoyed we're in the finals. I'll be depressed if we lose, but still. The franchise has come so far it's ridiculous.

If Klay and Curry are good to go then I think the Warriors can do it, but we'll see. Lebron is an explosive element that you really can't totally prepare for.

Quake1028

Really, really hard to pick against the best player on Earth. If Kevin Love was healthy and playing and Kyrie was 100%, I would pick Cavs in 7. As it is, Warriors in 6.

Dubs are favorite and should win it in no more than 6 games.

But I'm picking the Cavs to win it in 6, because of LeBron reasons.

Please be a good competitive series.

Ohwiseone

GSW in 6.
They are rolling completely right now, and when they are all clicking (like in the Memphis series) its dangerous.

They would of swept the Rockets if not for James Harden going nuts in game 4.

jwHbNL_z_400x400.jpg

Siegcram

All the people here saying GSW in 6 realize that the format is 2-2-1-1-1, right?

So you guys have them closing LeBron out in Cleveland?
Personally, I don't put much stock into court advantage during the playoffs. And especially in the finals.

These teams are good enough and prepared enough to win anywhere.

Jarnet87

If we've learned anything about the sport of basquetball this season, it's that there is only one ruler of the nbaverse, and it is BASED GOD.

Lil_B_The_BasedGod_Based_Jam-front-large.jpeg

Cavs in 6.

LBJ is God unless otherwise proven, and only one team has LBJ.

That said, GSW is deep as hell, and they're going to exploit the weakened Cavs way more than the Bulls did.

...I just want the Cavs to win so that LBJ could complete his mission of winning a title in Cleveland, really.

Nibel

Warriors will win and that headband will rise higher to hide the new line of destroyed hair caused by stress

Iadien

Guarantee I'm going to screw up this post? Yeah.
The east was a joke compared to the west this year. Cavs steam rolled a banged up Hawks teams lol.

The best team the Warriors faced was the Grizzlies, who's starting PG was injured, and did not play in game 1. Then in game 4 the Grizzlies best defender was injured and barely played after that. The 2 games that Conley and Allen were able to finish together, they won.

Warriors should win this in 5 or 6 though, imo. Who knows if Kyrie will be healthy by then, if he isn't, the Cavs have no business winning 4 games against the Warriors.

Cavs in 6.

That said, GSW is deep as hell, and they're going to exploit the weakened Cavs way more than the Bulls did.

...I just want the Cavs to win so that LBJ could complete his mission of winning a title in Cleveland, really.

2-3 in the finals is a god?

Jimrpg

24 year Golden State fan here. It's hard to believe. I've only ever seen GS make the finals and win it all in video games. I hope they do it for all the long suffering bay area fans there especially Jim Barnett who's been commentating on CSN for 30 years. How appropriate Curry gets to take on the final boss (lebron) for a ring. Hope they get one for David Lee who's had a rough year and who took a chance on the team 5 years ago. Hasn't complained once this year with his bench role. I thought his minutes would start to increase as the season went on, but it went the other way. Still a great player.

I expect Klay to have a better series than the last two. Shumpert seems like a decent defender but he isn't Allen or Ariza. Can't see anyone stopping lebron, he's too good even for Green. At the same time, if Curry hits more than 40% on 3s for the series, I can't see Cavs winning. Curry (and the rest of the team) take so many it'll be really hard to stop.

Dubs in 6 or 7.

Cavs in 6.

Naw you just want to watch MOZGOD, SHUMPSDAGAWD and Swish win a pseudo Knicks championship.

diffusionx

Gold Member
The best team the Warriors faced was the Grizzlies, who's starting PG was injured, and did not play in game 1. Then in game 4 the Grizzlies best defender was injured and barely played after that. The 2 games that Conley and Allen were able to finish together, they won.

So what, the Warriors adjusted and wiped the floor with the Grizzlies.

The Warriors are seriously an all-time great team and the Cavs play in the East. Could the Hawks team that showed up in the ECF beat the Pelicans or the Thunder in a 7 game series? Not sure, honestly. Lebron's 1-on-5 routine won't work against Golden State. There's a chance this series will make last year's Finals look competitive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom