• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2015 NBA Finals |OT| the deli is closed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Naw you just want to watch MOZGOD, SHUMPSDAGAWD and Swish win a pseudo Knicks championship.

Those guys are being the 7/8/9th men on a team with the best player on Earth; I'm happy they're able to be perfectly-situated bench/role players on the Cavs that *can* step up from time to time, but don't have to instead of having to be 3/4/5th options that *must* step up all the time on the Knicks.

I'll take the cap space and the high pick.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
The Warriors are seriously an all-time great team

The usual response to this is "regular season records don't matter in he playoffs." Win-loss records, point differential, regular season stats, historical trends and analytics in relation to all that - all meaningless right now! Plus the whole "they're not an all-time great until they win the chip" thing.

stn

I hope Cleveland wins, it'd be nice for the city to get something. I'm also a fan of legacy, winning a ring in Cleveland would add a lot to James' history.

random25

Damn no good choices between the two...lol.

I guess the popular choice here is GSW. Since you have jinxed it guys, I'm gonna go with Cavs in 5.

Fjordson

Yep, I'm out ha ha. It's a basketball thread all right.
Not really a false statement. Not that that guarantees them the title since Lebron is a historically great player, but the point still stands for what they've done so far.

yes, it was when Rocket's best player didn't play at all and instead handed GSW the ball 13 times and again with 5 PF

Rockets threw that game
Not like the Warrior's best players played that great either. Klay was fine, but he went out early with the injury and Curry was 7-18 (not as disastrous as Harden, but not good for him).

CGGkEnIUoAEIIv1.jpg

Holy shit. I don't think there is a graphic that better illustrates how Lebron has made a career out of beating up the LEast.

So before this year that number was at 5. LOL

diffusionx

Gold Member
The usual response to this is "regular season records don't matter in he playoffs." Win-loss records, point differential, regular season stats, historical trends and analytics in relation to all that - all meaningless right now! Plus the whole "they're not an all-time great until they win the chip" thing.

Based on all stats they are a historically great team. They blew through a conference everybody said was stacked with relative ease. That doesn't mean they will win, but it does mean I can see no way the Cavs win this, even if Klay's head explodes in the next week.

If this Warriors team was wearing Lakers or Spurs jerseys I don't think people would be giving this team short shrift. They are really, really, really good. The Cavs are, to put it mildly, not, even with James.

warriors in 4

i want lebron to chip in cleveland so he can finally cement his legacy in the city and leave cleveland, but i'm a realist.

Lebron is shooting 17% from 3 this postseason folks
He's shooting 42% overall. That's his worst shooting percentage in 8 flipping years.

Against the dreadful Bulls and the husk of a Hawks team being that inefficient might fly but against the Warriors?

The Warriors are going to win and convincingly so.

LQX

Everyone is already giving the Warriors the trophy. If LeBron can bring the Knicks, of all teams, to the finals, they can beat the Warriors.

Thibs got fired.

"The Chicago Bulls have a history of achieving great success on and off the court," Bulls chairman Jerry Reinsdorf said in a statement. "These accomplishments have been possible because of an organizational culture where input from all parts of the organization has been welcomed and valued, there has been a willingness to participate in a free flow of information, and there have been clear and consistent goals. While the head of each department of the organization must be free to make final decisions regarding his department, there must be free and open interdepartmental discussion and consideration of everyone's ideas and opinions. These internal discussions must not be considered an invasion of turf, and must remain private. Teams that consistently perform at the highest levels are able to come together and be unified across the organization-staff, players, coaches, management and ownership. When everyone is on the same page, trust develops and teams can grow and succeed together.

"Unfortunately, there has been a departure from this culture. To ensure that the Chicago Bulls can continue to grow and succeed, we have decided that a change in the head coaching position is required. Days like today are difficult, but necessary for us to achieve our goals and fulfill our commitments to our fans. I appreciate the contributions that Tom Thibodeau made to the Bulls organization. I have always respected his love of the game and wish him well in the future."

CGGvcRbWoAEJBgT.png:medium

Subitai

GSW in 5.

Unless there are a lot of injuries for GS, this series could get ugly after Curry figures out how to carve the Cavs D. Chef indeed. I mean, even after adding Mozgov, no team with D as bad as this Cavs team has ever won a chip.

GSW in 5.

Unless there are a lot of injuries for GS, this series could get ugly after Curry figures out how to carve the Cavs D. Chef indeed. I mean, even after adding Mozgov, no team with D as bad as this Cavs team has ever won a chip.

Cavs D so far in playoffs is a level above what it was in reg season.

Well, I'm from the Cleveland area, but I'll say GS in 6. It would probably take Love and home court advantage for the Cavs to win.

But I won't be upset if they lose. I would have been pissed if they lost to Chicago since I can't stand some of their players, like Noah, and they survived that series and escaped nearly going down 3-1. Everything since then feels like a bonus and I feel they accomplished more than I expected. They were 19-20 at one point and it looked like this season would be a disaster, and they overcame that and some serious injuries to make it to the Finals. It was a great season regardless of what happens next.

The best team the Warriors faced was the Grizzlies, who's starting PG was injured, and did not play in game 1. Then in game 4 the Grizzlies best defender was injured and barely played after that. The 2 games that Conley and Allen were able to finish together, they won.

Even if Tony Allen was healthy, his downright offensive offense would've kept him off the court. In regards to injury, yes the W's have been fortunate with it but people seem to overlook the fact that a large part of why the W's have largely avoided issues with injury can be attributed to not just overhauling their training staff a few years back but more importantly taking care of business all year long/Kerr keeping his team fresh by restricting player minutes and strategically resting them. He banked playing minutes early on in the season which is allowing him to cash them in now

yuraya

Yea the East is some weaksauce indeed. But to be fair there are a lot of good young teams who are coming up. Washington, Atlanta and Toronto all played real well this year. All of those teams are like 1 good player away from being legit contenders.

Anyway props to the Warriors for making it out of the stacked West this year. I will go with them to win in 7. Lebron will have the refs on his side so that guarantees this series will go at least 6.

Haha.

Yep, the same "bu-bu-but Kyrie wasn't 100% and Based Kevin Love was hurt" EXCUSES will be rolled out by people on cue should the Warriors beat the Cavs.

Nah. Nobody in Cleveland is moaning about Love being out or Kyrie not being 100%.

They haven't even played together a full season and they're in the Finals.

I have a feeling Cleveland is going to get swept, fire Blatt, hire Thibs and win the next 6 conference championships.

Blatt outcoached Thibs and got him fired.

zychi

Banned
The second seed in the West with a 56 win record is a struggling team?

Reg season wins /=/ a good team.

See Lebrons first stint in Cle
See KG's TWolves
See Derricks MVP season
See Nash's led Suns
See the Harden led Rockets
See ATL this year
See any and all East Conf teams that are below the 2 seed.

Jonm1010

Banned
A thibs led Cavs team would be so bad on offense. He would just defer that side of the ball to LeIso.
Still don't get the Thibs hate. Had 11, 11 and 5th ranked offenses.

They aren't pretty but a FO that isn't shit will probably let him sign whoever he wants as assistants and not fire guys they don't like.

I'd take him on the Pels if he says the right things to Demps. Defense is our biggest problem and our offense looked a lot like a Thibs offense already and it was what kept us going. We actually ran a slower pace then Chicago.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Cleveland in 7. I think it'll be a great series and hopefully Kyrie gets some rest from now till the 4th.

Either way I don't know why people are writing off the Cavs. Iman Shumpert can defend very well on the wings, if JR Smiths fuckball is on its on and Mozgov and Tristan are two big bodies who'll help grab boards.

Hoping for the city of Cleveland to get a chip.

Reg season wins /=/ a good team.

See Lebrons first stint in Cle
See KG's TWolves
See Derricks MVP season
See Nash's led Suns
See the Harden led Rockets
See ATL this year
See any and all East Conf teams that are below the 2 seed.

Those are all good teams. All those teams at least made the conference finals, well except your last criteria

charsace

Warriors in 6. They look like the better overall team and their big man rotation is just better. Warriors are also the better passing team.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom