• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2015 NBA PLAYOFFS |OT| One man's Smith.. Is another man's treasure.

is it really true that the Bulls are trying to keep Thibs from getting a head coaching job by not firing him until the other HC positions around the league are filled?

I heard that on a podcast or maybe on ESPN radio, and I think that's stupid and petty (if it's true). The Bulls are notoriously cheap, so I also can't believe they'd rather pay the guy's full salary instead of letting some other team offset their contractual obligation, assuming his deal is structured in a normal way.

Doc, maybe? I mean, he hasn't done much more than Vinnie did as a Clippers coach.

I don't think it's Spo since he's Pat's protege and his players like him. Carlisle has a chance, though I think Cuban has a big trust on Rick so I'm not considering him out.

Eh, the more I think about I think it will be Carlisle. Cubes and Donnie have taken a lot of flak after the blowup with the Rondo trade.

Firing Carlisle fits Cuban's M.O to deflect any criticism towards the FO.

Even though I'm a Mavs fan I think he'd be a great pickup for the Bulls.

AcridMeat

Banned
Dwight really said "I'm a champion and no one can tell me any different."? lmao
What a god damn clown. During one of the games in the series some commentator was going off about how he's a future hall of famer. I couldn't believe it.
Eh, the more I think about I think it will be Carlisle. Cubes and Donnie have taken a lot of flak after the blowup with the Rondo trade.

Carlisle to the Bulls would be pretty awesome for them I agree. If they lose Butler in the off-season it's moot though.

random25

I don't believe it's Carlisle though, and I hope I'm not wrong for the Mavs' sake. You already said that Cuban and the FO already got a ton of flak for the Rondo trade. Firing Carlisle will not deflect any of that. It will draw a lot more.

GM 1: CLE at GSW, Jun. 4, 9:00 PM ET ABC |
GM 2: CLE at GSW, Jun. 7, 8:00 PM ET ABC |
GM 3: GSW at CLE, Jun. 9, 9:00 PM ET ABC |
GM 4: GSW at CLE, Jun. 11, 9:00 PM ET ABC |
GM 5: CLE at GSW, Jun. 14 ABC |
GM 6: GSW at CLE, Jun. 16 ABC |
GM 7: CLE at GSW, Jun. 19 ABC |

So Sheridan threw this out earlier https://twitter.com/sheridanhoops/status/603717690591547395

Who do you guys think it might be? My money is on Stotts. I would give Carlisle a pass but we all know how Cubes is. Maybe Joerger or Spo?
I'm thinking it's no one we didn't already expect and that Sheridan's making shit up for pageviews, because he was wrong about basically all the details of the LeBron saga last summer (and that's the only thing I've seen him say anything about recently)

Failing that, I'm thinking Doc or Casey would be the most likely of the "unexpected" group.

Missed the game during sleep.

Congrats to the Warriors and their fans. Hope they get the championship this year.

Despite bad game 3 and 5, I'm proud of this Rockets team and their playoffs run, and truly think that this team can get us a championship. Here's to hoping for less injuries and a better and more consistent team next season

jfoul

So that dumb fuck Ariza did give Klay a concussion. Sweet.

"He now must pass the league's concussion protocol test before he can return to play in the NBA Finals, which start June 4."

I'm not familiar with how the NBA handles concussions. I'm guessing the rest before the finals should be enough time.

Fell asleep on the game last night but good to see Golden State destroy the Rockets. It's so tasty just to say it, most because of Dwight but good game I guess Rockets. Can't wait for next year.

Now the real game begins 😈

"He now must pass the league's concussion protocol test before he can return to play in the NBA Finals, which start June 4."

I'm not familiar with how the NBA handles concussions. I'm guessing the rest before the finals should be enough time.

I'm assuming similar to nfl protocol but idk. NFL says if you can't pass protocol by Thursday before the game you're out

Rooster12

Bulls fired thibodeau officially

Stupid move.

Nah nah nah nah nah

You know what time it is:

FredHoibergLockerRoomDanceISUVid.gif

Thibs is a very good coach and has had a good run in Chicago but let's not act like he's Red Auerbach. It's not unprecedented for good coaches to wear out their welcome with teams and players, especially the type with his disposition. I would not be surprised for someone new to step in and have success, at least in the short term, with this group.

At least he can draw up a goddamn play out of a timeout and not pass the ball to Joakim freaking Noah

If Derrick Rose didn't listen to Thibs, you think he's going to listen to some dorky college coach? The Bulls are going to finish 3rd in their division next year behind a Thibs-led Cleveland and Kidd-led Milwaukee. This front office sucks and already has a poor reputation drawing in talent despite being one of the premier franchises in the league.

Absolutely tearing into Thibs on his way out after undermining him for two years is absolutely insane. Gar Forman and John Paxson should be getting fired.

zychi

Banned
If Derrick Rose didn't listen to Thibs, you think he's going to listen to some dorky college coach? The Bulls are going to finish 3rd in their division next year behind a Thibs-led Cleveland and Kidd-led Milwaukee. This front office sucks and already has a poor reputation drawing in talent despite being one of the premier franchises in the league.

Absolutely tearing into Thibs on his way out after undermining him for two years is absolutely insane. Gar Forman and John Paxson should be getting fired.

Derrick will listen to Cal. Will the Bulls pay him tho?

Mil is gonna surprise a lot of people next year, especially with Jabari coming back.

Derrick will listen to Cal. Will the Bulls pay him tho?

Mil is gonna surprise a lot of people next year, especially with Jabari coming back.

No. They're hiring Fred Hoiberg from Iowa State because he's one of Gar Forman's friends (he bought his house!) and will be a yes man for the organization. The last coach we hired from Iowa State worked out sooooo well.

zychi

Banned
No. They're hiring Fred Hoiberg from Iowa State because he's one of Gar Forman's friends (he bought his house!) and will be a yes man for the organization. The last coach we hired from Iowa State worked out sooooo well.
Every story i hear about Hoiberg is that he likes being the man there, and something about someone with an illness and not having to travel very far.

Rooster12

What proof do you have that he wasn't listening to Thibs?

Why do they run the pick and roll with Joakim Noah and not Pau Gasol?? That's a coaching issue right there.

Why does he play Joakim Noah so much when the guy is pretty much done? Why does he play his boylover Kirk Hinrich so much?? Why????

What other coach in the league would do that?

Thibs is a very good coach and has had a good run in Chicago but let's not act like he's Red Auerbach. It's not unprecedented for good coaches to wear out their welcome with teams and players, especially the type with his disposition. I would not be surprised for someone new to step in and have success, at least in the short term, with this group.

Thibs is a glorified Scott Skiles. Since Vinny motherfucking Del Negro replaced Skiles in Chicago, I think Bulls fan should be less than optimistic regarding who's replacing Thibs given the FO.

7 man rotation really starting to bite Cleveland in the ass.

Why are you on the bench the last minute LeBron? Be a man and lose with your team.

I think it's kind of fucked up that LeBron does so much for his team, why won't that selfish asshole share the spotlight with his teammates a little bit?

Nah I wouldn't have been whining about his stat padding. They needed to win game 5 imo. I dont see them winning game 7

I'm just saying, it's the finals. I would really hate to see anyone just lay down from a loss. Like how the Hawks did.

Top Bottom