• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2015 NBA PLAYOFFS |OT| One man's Smith.. Is another man's treasure.

11218836_10155654817490724_7647987715036250603_n.jpg

SCHEDULE:
+++WESTERN CONFERENCE+++

Xh4rmn5.png
vs
3DufZty.png
G 1 -- Tue. May 19, @ Golden State, 9 p.m., ESPN
G 2 -- Thu. May 21, @ Golden State, 9 p.m., ESPN
G 3 -- Sat. May 23, @ Houston, 9 p.m., ESPN
G 4 -- Mon. May 25, @ Houston, 9 p.m., ESPN
G 5 * -- Wed. May 27, @ Golden State 9 p.m., ESPN
G 6 * -- Fri. May 29, @ Houston, 9 p.m., ESPN
G 7 * -- Sun. May 31 @ Golden State, 9 p.m., ESPN

+++EASTERN CONFERENCE+++

AUW3nrn.png
vs
He5RowX.png
G 1 -- Wed. May 20, @ Atlanta, 8:30 p.m., TNT
G 2 -- Fri. May 22, @ Atlanta, 8:30 p.m., TNT
G 3 -- Sun. May 24, @ Cleveland, 8:30 p.m., TNT
G 4 -- Tue. May 26, @ Cleveland, 8:30 p.m., TNT
G 5 * -- Thu. May 28, @ Atlanta, 8:30 p.m., TNT
G 6 * -- Sat. May 30, @ Cleveland, 8:30 p.m., TNT
G 7 * -- Mon. June 1, @ Atlanta, 8:30 p.m., TNT

Doc Holliday

SPOILER: Columbus finds America
I still got my bulls avatar from the 2010 playoffs...lets do this. Drose has the industrial strength duct tape on the knees! He went to Batman's knee doctor!

Into

Brad Stevens COTY, and its "not even close"

Cant wait for the WC slaughter fest, and the utter boredom in the eastern conference, where the only games i actually want to see is Bulls vs Cavs and Hawks vs Cavs. Everything else is meh.

Doc Holliday

Brad Stevens COTY, and its "not even close"

Cant wait for the WC slaughter fest, and the utter boredom in the eastern conference, where the only games i actually want to see is Bulls vs Cavs and Hawks vs Cavs. Everything else is meh.

Agreed! But I wouldn't be shocked if my bulls, cavs or Hawks lost in the first round.

spyder_ur

It's kind of hard for me to imagine anyone other than the Spurs, Warriors or Cavs winning. Oh and my Celtics of course.

Slightly less excited for the Playoffs this year than past years. Still, some of those Western series will be fun, depending on how those 2-6 seeds shake out. I just want to see the Clippers against either Houston or Memphis. GS-Memphis might be fun too. Z-Bo might kill Draymond Green, and it'd be interesting seeing how the Warriors would hold up against those bigs for a whole series.

Misterhbk

Warriors won't lose more than 2 total games in the first two rounds.

Then beat the Tired Spurs in 6

Then beat the Hawks in 6

DubNation to the chip

Go Bulls and please stay healthy Derrick. Playing the Cavs in the second round will be exciting.

In west the Spurs will suck the soul out of the Warriors. They have one more run left in them. I can feel it.

zychi

Banned
Take us to the promised land, I am ready yo

The Chosen One shall be healthy and put on a show.
skip1.gif

*Stacy King voice*
KEEP YOUR HOPES DOWN CHICAGO BEEP BEEP!

Actually, they tend to play better without all the pressure thrown on Derrick. They need to learn what defense is soon tho. I think they can make the Finals, but playing GS or SAS is gonna be rough for them if they don't re-learn what defense is.

xHiryu

Bulls - Warriors in the Finals.

Game 7, 3OT. Rose does this again for the game winner.
DRoseGameWinnerVsDubs2.gif

Then I proceed to cry like a fucking baby.

Hella hyped for these playoffs though, seems like its gonna be an amazing one

Fjordson

I think Warriors' home court advantage will take them to the finals. Too stronk in Oakland.

hope this doesn't jinx us

BTW...can someone summarize tonight's playoff implications? Specifically 2-7 in WC...Pelicans have to beat the Spurs tonight to get in the playoffs while OKC has to beat the Timberpuppies. That I know..

Fjordson

BTW...can someone summarize tonight's playoff implications? Specifically 2-7 in WC...Pelicans have to beat the Spurs tonight to get in the playoffs while OKC has to beat the Timberpuppies. That I know..
Here's an article breaking down some of that:

–The Warriors’ first-round match-up will be...

* New Orleans IF New Orleans wins tonight.

* New Orleans IF New Orleans loses and Oklahoma City loses.

* Oklahoma City IF New Orleans loses and Oklahoma City wins.

–In the second round, if the Warriors advance, they’d play the winner of the 4 vs. 5 seeds; Portland is locked in as the 4 seed (but will not have home court); 5 seed will be...

* Houston IF Houston, San Antonio and Memphis all win tonight.

* Houston IF Houston and San Antonio win and Memphis loses.

* Houston IF San Antonio wins and Houston and Memphis lose.

* Houston IF San Antonio, Houston and Memphis all lose.

* Memphis IF Memphis and San Antonio win and Houston loses.

* Memphis IF Memphis wins and San Antonio and Houston lose.

* Memphis IF Memphis and Houston win and San Antonio loses.

* San Antonio IF San Antonio loses, Houston wins and Memphis loses.

That last scenario is the only one that would put the lethal Spurs in the Warriors’ second-round path.

With a win tonight, San Antonio would clinch the 2 seed–and would be out of the Warriors’ bracket until a possible Western Conference final match-up.

-Another scenario: If the Spurs lose tonight, it of course would put New Orleans into the 8th seed but also could send the Spurs as far as the 6th seed, if Houston and Memphis win (coupled with the San Antonio loss).

-The Clippers’ victory last night assured them of no worse than the 3rd seed. The Warriors’ arch-rivals cannot play the Warriors until the conference finals.

The Clippers will be the 2nd seed if Houston and San Antonio both lose tonight, otherwise they’re the 3rd seed.

---

Nobody outside of San Antonio scares me in the West, so hopefully they get the 2 seed.

Yeah the problem with SA is that heads up against the W's this year, all 3 games...they dictated the tempo. Even during game two when we won, the Spurs were dictating the style of play for the game up until Curry barked at the ref and erupted. No other team consistently did that to the Warriors all season.

The most worrying thing is that with game 3 they pierced our meshlike switching defense by not only scrambling our defense laterally through side to side ball movement but splitting it consistently on pick and rolls and cuts to the basket. Good offensive teams do one or the other against us but never both. Also, Pop was smart to attack the Leonard vs Barnes matchup. Kerr should've never even entertained the idea of guarding Kawhi with Barnes and took way too long to switch it.

Yeah. Spurs will be a really tough matchup. I think homecourt could push us over the top though. I hope.

I don't think homecourt will matter much for that series TBH. There's this mental edge that the Spurs enjoy for having dominating us so thoroughly in Oracle for over a decade..It'll take a lot more than Roaracle to turn that one around.

Doc Holliday

Yeah the problem with SA is that heads up against the W's this year, all 3 games...they dictated the tempo. Even during game two when we won, the Spurs were dictating the style of play for the game up until Curry barked at the ref and erupted. No other team consistently did that to the Warriors all season.

The most worrying thing is that with game 3 they pierced our meshlike switching defense by not only scrambling our defense laterally through side to side ball movement but splitting it consistently on pick and rolls and cuts to the basket. Good offensive teams do one or the other against us but never both. Also, Pop was smart to attack the Leonard vs Barnes matchup. Kerr should've never even entertained the idea of guarding Kawhi with Barnes and took way too long to switch it.

exellent post! I missed those games so this was very helpful.

Top Bottom