• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2015 PC Screenshot Thread of the Only Place Where Compression Isn't

17855701481_a7fcfc8fbc_o.jpg

dr_rus

That last pic is from the Russia level isn't it? Has the bug with the game crashing with "next gen" features turned on, finally been fixed somehow? That level made me have to turn off the next gen features last time I played it a couple of years ago.

I don't think that I've encountered that bug this time. Can't say if it was fixed though, maybe just my config not having it.

Absinthe

Yeah, forgot to specify. This is with the foliage distance and shadow distance/quality increases as detailed in the Nvidia guide. On a 980 at 1440p it only took off about 5-8 fps, meaning it locks down to 30 really nicely.

I'll try that with my 970 FTW and see what I can get. At 1440p too so I either have to sacrifice graphics or frames.

Blizzard

Banned
Is there any other way how turn off HUD in Witcher 3 instead of manually turning it of in menu? Thx.
If you hit escape to go to menu, and then hit escape to cancel the menu, there's a brief moment when no HUD is drawn. If you're fast you can screenshot in this window so you don't have to manually disable the HUD.

I'm probably only going to post these 2 shots unless I find especially pretty environmental moments, since my PC is not great by modern standards (4.2 GHz i5-3570k, 2GB GTX 770) and I have the settings adjusted so I can get 53-60 fps running around.

witcher3_10hj0a.png

With HUD.

witcher3_23jj2s.png

Using the escape trick to get rid of the HUD. This is a shot of a funny glitch where Vesemir jumped on an invisible horse, ran into the ground, and got stuck. I went into a building and triggered a cutscene which fortunately brought him back.

Nick Pal

witcher3_23jj2s.png

Using the escape trick to get rid of the HUD. This is a shot of a funny glitch where Vesemir jumped on an invisible horse, ran into the ground, and got stuck. I went into a building and triggered a cutscene which fortunately brought him back.

I had a funny glitch too where he was riding an invisible horse.

Loving TW3 shots, guys.
I've just got the one so far but I'll no doubt be taking lots more.
17868524535_5dd7651dd2_o.png

That's nice..

dr_rus

I think it's a good time to remind everyone that there is a NO SPOILERS rule in this thread. Read the OP.

Otherwise I'll probably end up knowing everything about TW3 before I'll have time to play it.

viveks86

Managed to crank everything up to 1620p with INI tweaks and OC. Still runs at 70-80 fps. Some uncompressed PNG shots from very early in the game. Since I still have some headroom, I might experiment with more lighting/LOD tweaks. We'll see

Sample:
witcher32015-05-1913-34-27-60.png

witcher32015-05-1822-01-21-4134b78.png

Top Bottom