• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2015 PC Screenshot Thread of the Only Place Where Compression Isn't

Nick Pal

The Evil Within/Mastereffect

17209913183_d73b00c0d1_o.png

17209903293_07a0296c81_o.png

Did somebody get Witcher 3 working with SRWE? Doesn't adapt to the resolution but just stretches it for me.

That's the thing about SRWE. All it does is resize the window.

The game engine determine's what happens when you do that. Some games will render at the new window resolution properly (this is how all games should function in windowed mode IMO). However, some games will ignore that new size and the window will just be stretched.

REDengine does not render to any arbitrary window resolution, so... SRWE isn't nearly as useful. You're going to be limited to your highest custom resolution and\or DSR\VSR in this game.

Vuze

The game engine determine's what happens when you do that. Some games will render at the new window resolution properly (this is how all games should function in windowed mode IMO). However, some games will ignore that new size and the window will just be stretched.

REDengine does not render to any arbitrary window resolution, so... SRWE isn't nearly as useful. You're going to be limited to your highest custom resolution and\or DSR\VSR in this game.
Ah, I understand, thanks for the explanation. Really unfortunate it doesn't work with REDengine... oh well, time to mess with custom resolutions. Though I doubt my old-ass monitor will do any good in this respect.

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
As good as TW3 looks, and it really does, don't get me wrong, I still can't get over how fake that chain mail texture looks. Looks more like plastic somehow. It really jumps out, too.

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
Had a look at how far you can alter Doom 3 with some basic OpenGL commands. Couldn't get it running in resolutions above 1920x1080 though, and I had to run it windowed to be able to tab out so that's why the resolution is a bit odd. But I think it looks interesting. Will probably explore this further.

doom3_onex7ude.png

A cyberdemon.

doom3_twoubukx.png

Two imps standing on a floating platform in the Hellhole level.

Stein3x

I'm using the ini tweaks and whatever ressolution i put it works wonders (with different AR's also) except from the cutscenes where it's rendered at 16:9. I then use SRWE 64bit to resize to a smaller ressolution to fit my desktop, works wonders for me since i do not have any Custom ressolutions or use DSR :)

I thought that area was super ugly. I guess I'm the only one XD

You're not the only one xD!

There's something really WRONG with the game, i spend quite a time in the second pic for a shot and then when i view it i was disgussted with....THE FUCKING TREES. It's like there're rendered with one awfull low res texture in some parts of the screen..
It seems that there's something in my config or VRAM at that ressolution or it's when you use low FOV (stoptime) and you have to get far away, i bet it's the last one since i saw it in other people shots too.

17925394355_0a28b93677_o.png

17926010011_09538eb4af_o.png

I love that one, i wanted to get a similar one but you've got me

Top Bottom