• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2015 PC Screenshot Thread of the Only Place Where Compression Isn't

New Page

15678842253_6228a5d8fa_o.png

15678842673_16bd3ed812_o.png

How do you install it ?
Because when I use the Reshade Setup Tool, I have a error that say that one DLL is missing ... I tried to install manually but I can't achieve to have MasterEffect to work.

I apologize for my bad english, i'm french :)

The same way as for every other game. :)
First you check if your game is 64-bit or 32-bit and choose the correct ReShade.dll for it. I was using 32-bit Crysis so I chose ReShade32.dll. Then you copy ReShade32.dll into your "Electronic Arts\Crysis\Bin32".
Now you want to rename the ReShade32.dll to either d3d9.dll for DX9, or dxgi.dll for DX10. (I tested with both DirectX versions and it worked btw.) If you don't know which DirectX version your Crysis game is running at, by default it's DX10, so you rename your ReShade32.dll to dxgi.dll in this case.
Now your ReShade is set and all you have to do now is copy all MasterEffect files (reshade.fx, mcnoise.png, mclut.png and mcdirt.png) to the same folder you copied ReShade into "Electronic Arts\Crysis\Bin32"
If you want you can rename ReShade.fx to dxgi.fx to keep the files close and easy to access in case of updating to new ReShade or MasterEffect versions.
You're done!

Did you know there's a couple of HBAO+ flags for FEAR? Seems like they have some bleeding issues though...
http://forums.guru3d.com/showpost.php?p=4959801&postcount=1224

I did not, thanks for this!
I finished the game yesterday (first time), I liked it but I doubt I will be going back to it so soon, I'm keeping this in mind though. I didn't have much luck with Nvidia Inspector settings and ReShade (Blackscreen issues) but I also didn't really try out many games with it yet.

Yarbskoo

Man, I am in between PCs right now (building an LGA2011 beast with whatever the successor to the 980 is and DDR4), and seeing screenshots of Xenoblade in Dolphin is the only thing that makes me miss my PC immeasurably. This game just looks so good on Dolphin. I want to replay it, but refuse to do so on my WiiU at 480p. It's not even bearable anymore.

I can understand the feeling. I was on the other side of the country for a month or so, and was very eager to get back to my desktop after the holidays. My laptop is garbage.

Holy fuck at Xenoblade.

I only hope one day the Wii U has an emulator at least as good as Dolphin, so I can play Chronicles X with this kind of image quality.

One3rd

Are you doing anything to tweak the graphics? I'm playing through this now and it's an ugly game even on maxed out settings.
I should have mentioned this in the title. For that shot there was some really obnoxious post processing going on so I disabled all in-game pp and used ReShade with MasterEffect ReBorn. The DoF is a lot better as well but it's not something I'd play with turned on all the time.

Edit: You can also edit the display.ini file to change some of the settings there. I found that lighting was not on full with in-game ultra preset setting for some reason. You can change this by setting;

LightingDetail = 3

I haven't done a side by side comparison yet but my framerate sure took a dive.

Edit2: Don't use a value of 3, there is not much of a point for normal gameplay. The setting is for the lightmaps, negligible visual gain for a huge FPS hit. See here.

xaxaWOW

First you check if your game is 64-bit or 32-bit and choose the correct ReShade.dll for it. I was using 32-bit Crysis so I chose ReShade32.dll. Then you copy ReShade32.dll into your "Electronic Arts\Crysis\Bin32".
Now you want to rename the ReShade32.dll to either d3d9.dll for DX9, or dxgi.dll for DX10. (I tested with both DirectX versions and it worked btw.) If you don't know which DirectX version your Crysis game is running at, by default it's DX10, so you rename your ReShade32.dll to dxgi.dll in this case.
Now your ReShade is set and all you have to do now is copy all MasterEffect files (reshade.fx, mcnoise.png, mclut.png and mcdirt.png) to the same folder you copied ReShade into "Electronic Arts\Crysis\Bin32"
If you want you can rename ReShade.fx to dxgi.fx to keep the files close and easy to access in case of updating to new ReShade or MasterEffect versions.
You're done!

I follow your step, the game start normally but Reshade is not present :(
I use the Origin Version.

I follow your step, the game start normally but Reshade is not present :(
I use the Origin Version.

Oh, you should've mentioned that earlier :) ReShade doesn't work with Origin overlay. You must disable that by going to Origin "My Games" tab then right click Crysis select "Game Properties" and in there enable "Disable Origin in Game for this game".
If "Game Properties" doesn't show up when right clicking Crysis in Origin then you have to disable "Origin In Game" from Origins application settings.

xaxaWOW

So Crysis seems to work (DirectX10, I can see it with MSI AB overlay) whithout dxgi.dll or an other directx dll ... great

Does it detect the depth buffer?

Yes it does but not with Crysis Expanded. I played around with different mods today and I found out that each of these mods work with depth buffer (tested individually) Xzero's Shaders, BlackFire's Mod Ultimate, AF/POM shader, Starwaster water shader, texture mods and custom configs. I don't know why the shaders that come with Crysis Expanded don't work with depth buffer but others I tested worked fine.

Yes it does but not with Crysis Expanded. I played around with different mods today and I found out that each of these mods work with depth buffer (tested individually) Xzero's Shaders, BlackFire's Mod Ultimate, AF/POM shader, Starwaster water shader, texture mods and custom configs. I don't know why the shaders that come with Crysis Expanded don't work with depth buffer but others I tested worked fine.
Awesome to hear, I am playing with Vanilla right now (with AF / POM of course), so this is right up my alley.

Xzeros shaders are great, but the fact that they break the Volumetric lighting makes a couple levels actually unplayable.

Project Cars really needs OBMB. I have been saying that for about 1.5 years now, will they ever add it? Just straight screen motionblur looks pretty horrible.

orava

Project Cars really needs OBMB. I have been saying that for about 1.5 years now, will they ever add it? Just straight screen motionblur looks pretty horrible.

It actually had much better looking mb in some earlier versions. Not sure why they put the current old one back. IIRC it was broken or something.

@Auto-Reply
np

Awesome to hear, I am playing with Vanilla right now (with AF / POM of course), so this is right up my alley.

Xzeros shaders are great, but the fact that they break the Volumetric lighting makes a couple levels actually unplayable.

True dat, I can't use them either because of that. Although there's a couple of different versions of Xzeros shaders made by kanzoconfigz and CryZENx but I never tried those.

Here's 2 last images from Lords of the Fallen. Good looking game. Plays great. But... lacks soul.

I was so close to buying this during Steam winter holiday sale but decided to hold off and bought Minecraft haha. LotF + ReShade looks so nice and you gotta love Nvidia GameWorks technology. Does autofocus in some of the DoF shaders work well for gameplay in LotF?

xaxaWOW

You're done!

I want to ask you another question, when you copy your ReShade32.dll into the directory of Crysis/Bin32, is there another dxgi.dll in this directory ?

xaxaWOW

So I don't know why Reshade isn't working ... It's works perfectly on Splinter Cell : Blacklist.

My crysis directory :

1421529197-crysisdir.png

So I don't know why Reshade isn't working ... It's works perfectly on Splinter Cell : Blacklist.

Delete SweetFX folder and Sweet.fx they are not needed when using MasterEffect.
The only files you need there are ReShade32.dll renamed to either dxgi.dll or d3d9.dll and ReShade.fx, mcnoise.png, mclut.png and mcdirt.png from MasterEffect.
Disable MSI AB overlay and any other overlays too, ReShade doesn't work well with overlays.

This really isn't the right place for troubleshooting ReShade...

If it still doesn't work register and post a topic in the official forums here:
http://reshade.me/forum/troubleshooting

Top Bottom