• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2020 PC Screenshot Thread of No Compromises

Null Persp

Horizon : Zero Dawn

hFmxvSn.jpg
7OckZ2I.jpg

OKueCxn.jpg

wTTkb36.jpg

I really didn't like this game. It's not very good.

This gorgeous piece of shit was the worst "game" I've played so far this year. Do you like only pressing up on the analog stick for 90% of a game? Maybe you like "puzzles" that a toddler can solve, well you get three types, portal puzzles, shape puzzles and you can't see anything puzzles. They even threw in dogshit "combat" against one of five nearly identical enemy types, or a combination of those five at no extra charge! They move really slowly so that even if you fall asleep playing this snooze-fest you can still win. As long as one is in front the ones in the rear will literally just stand there while you wreck their clone. When I got to Fenrir I was hopeful that fighting a giant beast would be exciting, but no, it moves as slow as everything else in the game. Parry, attack, parry attack... etc. Oh, then there's the last boss...

It doesn't exist. I spent 45 minutes fighting an endless wave of super slow moving enemies before paused and looked it up. There is no final boss and it's supposed to be a fight you can't win, but the combat is so basic they couldn't kill me. I ended up looking it up to find out I was just supposed to die. Fucking awful.

Kuranghi

Batman Arkham City - 4K + 4xMSAA (Anyone here know if there is a way to make the image cleaner - including transparencies if possible - for a similar cost as the in-built MSAA? Can NVCPL/NVInspector help? Any tips appreciated.)

Pqorr4o.jpg

9glnB2k.jpg

e7GLKE6.jpg

JN8W1xl.jpg

Batman Arkham Knight - 4K + all goodies activated

YFmUWuN.jpg

Dragon Quest XI S: Definite Edition - 4K native w/ 150% screen percentage for 6K downsampling + customized TAA w/ sharpening + mesh/shadow/foliage LoD increase + many other ini tweaks

k8qLAJ9.jpg

DQ should look better than that based on what I see in-game but I'm guessing steam can only take screenshots at the native res so you don't get the downsampling benefit in a screenshot. I made the mistake of putting screenpercentage to 200 and saw how good 8K downsampling looks, absolutely perfect looking... but ~15 fps :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Regardless though, this game is beautiful! I've never played a DQ game before this (Or any JRPG really) and I can't wait to see what the later areas/enemies look like in this game. Also, imagining how flippin insane DQXII will look if they use UE5.

Batman Arkham City - 4K + 4xMSAA (Anyone here know if there is a way to make the image cleaner - including transparencies if possible - for a similar cost as the in-built MSAA? Can NVCPL/NVInspector help? Any tips appreciated.)

Pqorr4o.jpg

9glnB2k.jpg

e7GLKE6.jpg

JN8W1xl.jpg

Batman Arkham Knight - 4K + all goodies activated

YFmUWuN.jpg

Dragon Quest XI S: Definite Edition - 4K native w/ 150% screen percentage for 6K downsampling + customized TAA w/ sharpening + mesh/shadow/foliage LoD increase + many other ini tweaks

k8qLAJ9.jpg

DQ should look better than that based on what I see in-game but I'm guessing steam can only take screenshots at the native res so you don't get the downsampling benefit in a screenshot. I made the mistake of putting screenpercentage to 200 and saw how good 8K downsampling looks, absolutely perfect looking... but ~15 fps :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Regardless though, this game is beautiful! I've never played a DQ game before this (Or any JRPG really) and I can't wait to see what the later areas/enemies look like in this game. Also, imagining how flippin insane DQXII will look if they use UE5.
Some nice shots, mate, but pls rd the rls! :)

Top Bottom