• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2020 PC Screenshot Thread of No Compromises

regawdless

Banned
Can we just take a moment to appreciate the street art in Watch Dogs 2?

dPrnJCn.jpg

rCyYtDI.jpg

This. The game has so much great art. Loved the art style overall, despite being turned off by it in the beginning. But it grew on me and was so coherent that it won me over.

Forza Horizon 3

7JYxFKs.jpg

TXXCTRs.jpg

Been playing this since I got all my PC issues sorted yesterday. Horizon 3 was a better game than Horizon 4 in many ways.

Do you want me to edit and fix having too many images in one post?

You're good, it happens now and then. Please try to limit to two images/post in the future (y)

For people with poor internet connections like my mobile connection too many images causes problems. Without people following that rule page loading sometimes becomes an if, not when situation.

Kuranghi

Forza Horizon 3

7JYxFKs.jpg

TXXCTRs.jpg

Been playing this since I got all my PC issues sorted yesterday. Horizon 3 was a better game than Horizon 4 in many ways.

You're good, it happens now and then. Please try to limit to two images/post in the future (y)

For people with poor internet connections like my mobile connection too many images causes problems. Without people following that rule page loading sometimes becomes an if, not when situation.

I was a bad boy and didn't read the OP, sorry mate. I got too excited by the pixel quality. Down with framerates I say!

Dr.D00p

So, first person to post a 4K, Ultra settings + Ray Tracing screenshot from next weeks CP 2077 release (hopefully!) wins.....absolutely nothing.

..Except the honour of knowing that you were the first! of thousands that will be posted on here over the next few yrs. :messenger_beaming:

I was a bad boy and didn't read the OP, sorry mate. I got too excited by the pixel quality. Down with framerates I say!

Why not both? This is a PC thread after all.

So, first person to post a 4K, Ultra settings + Ray Tracing screenshot from next weeks CP 2077 release (hopefully!) wins.....absolutely nothing.

..Except the honour of knowing that you were the first! of thousands that will be posted on here over the next few yrs. :messenger_beaming:

Cyberpunk is my current most-anticipated game but I imagine the game is going to be a bug fest near launch. I'll play something in my backlog instead and enjoy the non-spoiler images posted here until it's safe.

Kuranghi

Why not both? This is a PC thread after all.

I wish, I don't have a GPU that can run games at 4K/6K/8K + max settings + ini tweaks AND do 60 fps at the same time. Separately definitely though, thats the beauty of the PC, as you say.

For recent stuff at least I mean, obviously the older titles will be easier to downsample, but even then I usually run into optimisation issues when I go past 4K, where you can't stay above 60 even if you have a 2080ti. So I just cap to 30 since I've no VRR/G-Sync, etc.

I haven't seen how a 3080 handles older games though yet, are there benchmarks for say, AC: Unity or Arkham Knight?

Once I taste that screenpercentage multiplication effect I find it hard to go back to even say, 1800p, to get locked to 60.

edit - checked AC: Unity, RTS 3080 + Ryzen 5 3600 gets 90fps average, even 4K in Unity is an aliasing fest though, I'll replay it when I can do 8K60 locked :messenger_tears_of_joy: ie, not soon.

Last edited:

evanft

This. The game has so much great art. Loved the art style overall, despite being turned off by it in the beginning. But it grew on me and was so coherent that it won me over.

I was just randomly browsing this thread when I saw this post and felt the need to chime in.

I recently finished Watch Dogs 2 and its DLC. It was far and away one of the best experiences I've had this gen. Easily one of if not the best open world games I've ever played. There are so many ways for you to get through every situation. It reminded me almost of BOTW or MGS5 in how well the systems worked together to give the player a real sense of freedom.

Kuranghi

Doom Eternal

kvZdQ42.jpg

jjB42y6.jpg

Is this with DLSS on? Whats the native res?

edit - Actually the image is higher than 4K it looks, so its ansel or the like?

double edit - its 3840x2160 I've seen now, why does firefox let me zoom in on an image thats my native res?

Last edited:
In anticipation of the release of Cyberpunk 2077, I've gone back to play a bit of the Witcher 3 and decided to go all out with mods. I've been at it for a couple of days, slowly overhauling every single little nitpick I have with the game...

0KSAO5.png

As a side note, my best friend just bought a powerful gaming rig (i9 10900K + RTX 3080) and I'm supposed to showcase the power of PC when he visits this weekend.

Last edited:

sertopico

WD Legion. It sucks not to have an option that removes the photo mode's hud. Pics taken with the integrated tool are compressed and blurry, so I am forced to keep my current operative on screen and capture screens with Afterburner, or use the spiderbot and try to make it disappear from the screen by moving the camera to a certain angle.

50681565642_03522eaf83_o.png

50680728828_e373ea0940_o.png

Last edited:

Kuranghi

WD Legion. It sucks not to have an option that removes the photo mode's hud. Pics taken with the integrated tool are compressed and blurry, so I am forced to keep my current operative on screen and capture screens with Afterburner, or use the spiderbot and try to make it disappear from the screen by moving the camera to a certain angle.

WD Legion is very impressive, photorealism-wise imo, I think you could crop parts of the top image and its definitely getting very close to "tricking average people into thinking its real" territory.

Although they get tricked by Arma 2 and RDR 2 so maybe I'm overestimating what it takes. RDR 2 is amazing looking but I don't think I've seen a shot that looks like real life. Whats the most photorealistic RDR 2 shot you RDR2-superfans have?

regawdless

Banned

Yeah the game can look really good, but the photo mode blurs everything so bad. It's a shame because you'd think they would want to show their game in the best light.

Was done for performance reasons I think, to not tank the photo mode.

KyoZz

Tag, you're it.
Although they get tricked by Arma 2 and RDR 2 so maybe I'm overestimating what it takes. RDR 2 is amazing looking but I don't think I've seen a shot that looks like real life. Whats the most photorealistic RDR 2 shot you RDR2-superfans have?

RDR II is one of the most (if not the most) impressive game I ever played, but it also have that look so you know it's a video game. I don't think it aim for photo-realism, but more of a fantasized vision of the West.
Also, screenshots of this game don't make him justice, really.

I think I spent over an hour just in this room, altogether aross multiple visits. I really need to get back to this game because I really liked it but I was burnt out after 26 hours. Should've finished the main story quicker but in these games I feel like whats the point in getting more upgrades and the like after you complete the game. I guess for the side quests.
So many memories of that room. How many times did I carefully position turrets after fortifying them in order to make a perfect killzone, only to find them wrecked on the next visit because a single phantom managed to get into a blind spot?

Vampire Night, on PCSX2

50683790092_e7e58268df_o.jpg
50682957223_164d3a5421_o.jpg

Kuranghi

So many memories of that room. How many times did I carefully position turrets after fortifying them in order to make a perfect killzone, only to find them wrecked on the next visit because a single phantom managed to get into a blind spot?

I installed a mod that made the recycling grenades (not the name I know) give you a much more reasonable amount of material so it was worth your time doing it and I spent a good 10-15 mins getting everything into a pile haha. So many giant crates in that room.

Top Bottom