• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2022 is Looking Rough for New Game Releases

.Pennywise

Banned
So, it's a CRPG.
Paul George What GIF by LA Clippers

Abriael_GN

RSI Employee of the Year
What AA or indie games are you both looking forward to playing this year?

After Elden Ring, I have been slowly working on the backlog but it would be new to play something new this year.

DNF Duel
Muv-Luv Alternative Total Eclipse
The Legend of Heroes: Trails from Zero
Soul Hackers 2
Xenoblade Chronicles 3
Sea of Stars
Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII Reunion
Digimon Survive
Isonzo
Mahoutsukai no Yoru
One Piece Odyssey
Warhammer 40,000: Darktide
Marvel’s Midnight Suns

And with all the content coming for Microsoft Flight Simulator literally every day, I'm never short of stuff to enjoy.

Cryio

Y'all have humongous backlogs across 5 generation of consoles or so. You have plenty to play even without new releases, lol.

D

Deleted member 471617

Unconfirmed Member
I wish this released this year.
Will probably be delayed to 2023 but the movie comes out in December and Ubisoft is going to have Ubisoft Forward event during the summer at some point and could announce the release date at the event. They did this with Immortals Fenyx Rising in 2020. Was shown at their September 2020 event with a December 2020 release date.

D

Deleted member 471617

Unconfirmed Member
Y'all have humongous backlogs across 5 generation of consoles or so. You have plenty to play even without new releases, lol.
I have one backlogged game - Cyberpunk 2077 and one backlogged expansion - The Lost Gods for Immortals Fenyx Rising so this doesn't apply to me whatsoever.

Knightime_X

Capcom Fighting collection
Tmnt shredders revenge
Capcom arcade 2nd stadium
Call of duty mw2

I know there are more but these are the ones I'm buying even if some are on gamepass.

iQuasarLV

I am so burned out on gaming that any remake, remaster, or re-imagining just does not do it for me. Some people in here surprise me at how you just are able to shout, "shut up and take my money." Especially since you tout how long you have been in the gaming scene for. How many times are you going to pay for the same game on a new console before you just throw your hands up and say to yourself, "No more!"

If you remove any:
DLC
Expansion
Remaster
Remake
Re-imagining

Just to focus on new IP / sequels, how many games do you suppose you actually have access to compared to years previous to 2020?

Last edited:

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
Just to focus on new IP / sequels, how many games do you suppose you actually have access to compared to years previous to 2020?
I have lot of games, in my list the only game that is “remake” is Crisis Core, the rest are new games.

Problem is you guys ONLY focus on AAA games and dismiss rest of the games coming out.

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
I can’t believe people are defending 2022. It’s the shittiest year when it comes to releases. Look at 2011. We got more amazing games each month.
I’ve bought hfw and Elden ring. Wow 2 games.
I know a bit more indie stuff came out but we are taking major releases here.

Hobbygaming

has been asked to post in 'Grounded' mode.
I can’t believe people are defending 2022. It’s the shittiest year when it comes to releases. Look at 2011. We got more amazing games each month.
If God of War Ragnarok hits this year like it most likely will, along with 2-5 others that I'm waiting for then 2022 will be a standout year for me

Last edited:

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
If God of War Ragnarok hits this year like it most likely will, then 2022 will be a standout year for me
We will speak about it when it releases. So far, extremely dry 6 months.
Even if gow releases… boy… that’s 3 games. Ok I am a bit unfair. We got gt7 and sifu too I guess

Last edited:

Robb

Gold Member
Nah, but it depends on what you’re into I guess. Been a fantastic year for Switch games thus far and it’s not looking like it’ll stop anytime soon with Pokémon, Splatoon, Bayonetta, Xenoblade etc.

Danjin44

But that has more to do with your taste in games, for me I have lot of games to play in 2022, almost too much and most of them long games that will take me month to beat.

People are getting hyped up over Stray and Digimon Survive. Then they have the nerve to tell me I have bad taste in video games 😆

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
But that has more to do with your taste in games, for me I have lot of games to play in 2022, almost too much and most of them long games that will take me month to beat.
I am looking at every release. nothing I haven’t played before really. I am not interested in every game that exists.
1 month to beat too?

And if we talk about every release and not just aaa and aa… then 2011 crushes this year even more so

Last edited:

Hobbygaming

has been asked to post in 'Grounded' mode.
We will speak about it when it releases. So far, extremely dry 6 months.
Even if gow releases… boy… that’s 3 games. Ok I am a bit unfair. We got gt7 and sifu too I guess
I think the quality has been very strong

Horizon Forbidden West
Sifu
Elden Ring
The Quarry
Ninja Turtles

There's a lot more that I'm interested in too

Danjin44

I am looking at every release. nothing I haven’t played before really. I am not interested in every game that exists.
1 month to beat too?
Again that has more to do with your taste in game rather than not getting games this year. We are getting games but you just not interested in majority of them.

Last edited:

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
I think the quality has been very strong

Horizon Forbidden West
Sifu
Elden Ring
The Quarry
Ninja Turtles

There's a lot more that I'm interested in too
Horizon is Worth playing but it’s bad.
Sifu I don’t care
Elden ring obviously
Quarry looks ok. Not interested.
Ninja turtles? Lol cmon.

Every year got these smaller games. If we count these in year like 2011 or 2013 crushes even more so

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
Whats funny are the ‘2023 is going ti be the best year ever’ threads. I swear we saw the same threads about 2022 last year.

I find it hilarious that people are un-ironically listing Stray as a game that will save 2022. As if it replaces starfield or avatar or suicide squad or gow whatever the hell gets delayed till next year. A fucking cat game. This is how low the expectations have become for gamers. We are looking forward to cat walking simulators. I say bring back Kinect because we have hit rock bottom. It can only go up from here.

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
Again that has more to do with your taste in game rather than not getting games this year. We are getting games but you just not interested in majority of them.
This is offending me. Nothing to do with my taste. There are just little big releases.

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
Whats funny are the ‘2023 is going ti be the best year ever’ threads. I swear we saw the same threads about 2022 last year.

I find it hilarious that people are un-ironically listing Stray as a game that will save 2022. As if it replaces starfield or avatar or suicide squad or gow whatever the hell gets delayed till next year. A fucking cat game. This is how low the expectations have become for gamers. We are looking forward to cat walking simulators. I say bring back Kinect because we have hit rock bottom. It can only go up from here.
2023 looking like 1 month taken from 2011 so far. Which is better than this year :p

Stray might be ok. We will see next month. Until then, I see no reason to list it as one of best 2011 games :p
There used to be years where creating top10 was hard. Now it’s hard to fill top 10 :p

Again. You people are talking my state of fact observation as some attack. Play what you want and enjoy!

Xeaker

Idk, looks pretty good on PlayStation and really good on Switch.

Horizon Forbidden West
God of War Ragnarok
Gran Turismo 7
Elden Ring
The Last of Us Part 1
Sifu
Ghostwire Tokyo
Stray
Forspoken
Valkyrie Elysium

Pokemon Legends Arceus
Kirby and the Forgotten Lands
Switch Sports
Mario Strikers Battle League

Xenoblade Chronicles 3
Splatoon 3
Pokémon Scarlett
Triangle Strategy

Rune Factory 5
Fire Emblem Warriors: Three Hopes
Live A Live
Mario + Rabbids: Spark of Hope

Bayonetta 3
giphy.gif

Most of the games with that “2023” release window will get delayed again. It was the same shit that happened this year. 2021 was “going to be the year” and tons of games got delayed. Now everyone is hyped up on Stray this year lol. I am surprised no one mentioned Little Devil inside.

Just hope God of War Ragnork makes it and I will be a very happy man.

M1chl

Currently Gif and Meme Champion
Yeah it sucks, but I just play some smaller games on GamePass and of course some VR games. So I am personally good.

Top Bottom