• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

20th Century Fox Comic-Con Panel starting now

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, since we've had some threads for earlier panels, I figured maybe we could try one for Fox?

Ross Lincoln @ Deadline said:
Fox has been mum on details for its big Comic-Con presentation this year. But bet on the studio pushing its Fantastic Four reboot and Hitman: Agent 47. Also in the mix could be Maze Runner: The Scorch Trials. And thanks to Deadline’s exclusive Conan news about the cast of X-Men: Apocalypse being the surprise guests on his his talk show tonight, it’s a good bet X-Men will be in the Hall H mix as well.

Deadline's live blog is here, and you can follow along with Superhero Feed on Twitter here. They've just started, with some stuff from The Maze Runner: Scorch Trials.

EDIT: A note on new footage being put up:
It’s looking like Fox isn’t planning to make the trailers shown tonight available online “immediately” after the panel, so you’ll have to wait a while readers. This means of course that I am now in the unusual position of being a tastemaker. You’re welcome. My opinion is now as powerful as Reed Richards.

The cast is at comic-con so it's a good bet it's part of the panel as well

Yup:

20th Century Fox said:
CJrCp4YVAAEK0Dz.png

Backstage at #SDCC before the @20thCenturyFox #HallH panel with the cast of #Deadpool!

We were told by Hardwick to stay until te very end of the panel. My guess would be that's going to be the time for the Deadpool trailer.

Looks like Maze Runner sequel took the clickers from The Last Of Us.

Some Scorch Trials stuff:

Deadline Liveblog said:
Dylan O’Brien says “for me Thomas is kind of angry… at the end of the first film he’s just crushed with this guilt, losing one special friend in particular, knowing he didn’t lead people to the right place, it’s going to weigh on him.”

Director Wes Ball is repeatedly making it clear this film begins right exactly where the previous film left off.

They’re going to play a clip of “the really scary monsters in our movie”.

Footage is bleak and very very Hunger Games feeling, if you’ve read the third book I mean. Anyone who played Naughty Dog’s The Last Of Us will find this entire clip very very familiar.

Maze Runner's done, now they're starting w/ Victor Frankenstein. Trailer is playing now:

Deadline said:
Oh god, there is a reference to Young Frankenstein in this trailer.

(via Superhero Feed)

Some comments on Victor Frankenstein:

Paul McGuigan - Director said:
“It’s a love story between [Victor Frankenstein and Igor]” says McGuigan about the film. “It’s about giving the name Frankenstein back to the scientist.”

Daniel Radcliffe - Igor said:
About the film and playing Igor, DanRad says “Igor is kind of being kept in abject conditions… Victor finds me and kind of lifts him out of those conditions, he saves me. Later Victor loses his goddamned mind, and how do you tell someone they’re doing that is what the film gets about.”

Asked what Victor and Igor want, McAvoy does a hilarious spot-on American accent: “Just trying to build monsters and be a good christian. Just building monsters and shit, and America”. Best moment of the entire con.

Yes, he did.

And yes, he wouldn't (although he was/is at Comic-Con this weekend).

Description of Victor Frankenstein clip:

Clip is of the waking of the monster. It’s snarky and funny and then kind of violent and (cgi) gross. I LIKES WHAT I SEES.

EDIT: Fantastic Four time - Trank, Kinberg, + cast are on stage now.

I don't think so, though Hardwick mentioned there being a surprise at the end.

Josh Trank: “I have not been to Comic-Con since I was 15. I stopped coming because it got too Hollywood. So this is Ironic.”
“A more grounded, dramatic, emotional, character driven story… it was more science than science fiction” Kinberg describing Josh Trank’s pitch for the movie.

Ryan will probably be in his deadpool costume and ask a question

They said he'd be working around comic con but I saw no deadpools today haha

(from L-R) Trank, Kinberg, Miles Teller, Kate Mara, MBJ, Jamie Bell, Toby Kebbel

EDIT:
It’s looking like Fox isn’t planning to make the trailers shown tonight available online “immediately” after the panel, so you’ll have to wait a while readers. This means of course that I am now in the unusual position of being a tastemaker. You’re welcome. My opinion is now as powerful as Reed Richards.

a916

Well this sucks.

It’s looking like Fox isn’t planning to make the trailers shown tonight available online “immediately” after the panel, so you’ll have to wait a while readers. This means of course that I am now in the unusual position of being a tastemaker.
- Deadline liveblog

That pitch for the Fantastic Four movie is exactly what's wrong with the Fantastic Four movie.

Pretty much. Unlike the DC panel earlier, where what was said about the films showed that the people in charge understand it, the descriptions here are making it clear why the movie probably WON'T be good.

I walked past him yesterday in his Deadpool costume, and I didn't even know it until he posted it on Twitter.

Was it any good?

Kebbel on DOOM:
Toby Kebbel calls Doctor Doom the “best villain of all time… He’s driven by ego… it’s allowing your ego to run riot.”

And on villains:
“I think it’s very relatable, whenever you lose your temper you think you should apologize, but when you’re a villain you find a twist so you’re always right” – Kebbel on why audiences like villains.

JdFoX187

Banned
As much as I've been willing to give Fantastic 4 a chance, everything they're saying about this movie just turns me off, completely. Such a shame, even though I'll probably still end up going and seeing it at some point.

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
EDouglasCS
"From the studio that inexplicably sewed his mouth shut"
via
·
less than a minute ago
EDouglasCS
"It starts with Deadpool in shadows and you just hear him doing a voiceover that starts 'In a world divided by fear, one man must stand against the forces of evil"
via
·
less than a minute ago
EDouglasCS
And there's an intro by Deadpool like something from Masterpiece Theater

Cast out now:
Now Reynolds is on stage and the audience is screaming. He’s kind of in character as Deadpool –“looks like it’s time to make the chimi-fucking-changas” before thanking the fans’ freaking out over the leaked test video for making this movie possible.

ElRenoRaven

Oh god that Deadpool trailer description.

"It starts with Deadpool in shadows and you just hear him doing a voiceover that starts 'In a world divided by fear, one man must stand against the forces of evil"

"From the studio that inexplicably sewed his mouth shut"

And then he ends it with "They give you... " and he claps twice and the light comes on "Me!" and then he gives a shout-out to Hall H and swears
via·less than a minute ago

*edit*

Goddamn it beaten.

Director Tim Miller:
Tim Miller on why he’s making it. "Fox said ‘you can make it’ and I said YEAH”

Reynolds:
“I think this character inhabits a space in the comics universe no character could. It’s a miracle the studio is letting us make Deadpool, let alone a rated R Deadpool - No matter what the ratings say, babies will love this!”

Reynolds on the character:

“I think this character inhabits a space in the comics universe no character could. It’s a miracle the studio is letting us make Deadpool, let alone a rated R Deadpool” – Ryan Reynolds. “No matter what the ratings say, babies will love this!”

Prompto

Banned
TJ Miller quotes the admonition against swearing on stage the panelists are given, then says “To the people who wrote this I just wanna say you’re gonna f*cking love this movie”

lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom