• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

$25 off $100 purchases with VISA Checkout is back with BestBuy.com

Oxn

Ugh, really? Figured it'd be pretty instant...I'll wait a few days, mostly got it so I could pick up Zelda early on the 3rd instead of waiting for Amazon to deliver and get the $25 off $100 to essentially pay for it. If it isn't activated before the end of this deal it'll have been pretty wasteful, Prime saves just as much.

Mine activated with 2 hours.

Nope. You would need to cancel and re-order... but since the Switch is sold out, that isn't an option.

Unsure about American Express specifically, but I would guess it does. They say they accept "any major credit or debit card".

Yes. They charge you when you place your order in order to authenticate your card, but they reverse that charge a couple days after. They don't charge you again after that until it ships.
Thanks a lot!

NOLA_Gaffer

Banned
PIcked Up:

Lego Star Wars: The Force Awakens
Minecraft
Hyrule Warriors Legends
Bravely Second: End Layer
The Lego Movie Videogame
Wario Amiibo

Total: $110.34
-$25 Visa Offer
-$10 Reward Certificate
$7.35 Tax
Final Total: $82.69

I also had the recent $10 promo code that went out via e-mail that I tried to use but it brought me down to under $100 and cancelled out the Visa offer. I would have tossed another amiibo into my cart but it was close to midnight and I was afraid Hyrule Warriors and Bravely Second would have gone back up to regular price before I submitted the order.

Oh well, I can still use that $10 promo code in store and get an amiibo for 39 cents.

lt519

Nice, my GCU went through. So how does this $25 off work with pre-orders. Like if games come out on different dates if I go pick up one game in store they are going to charge some pro-rated amount. Like the 20% off and then $12.50 off for that particular pick up? If I decide to cancel a pre-order because of bad reviews?

Wagram

Nice, my GCU went through. So how does this $25 off work with pre-orders. Like if games come out on different dates if I go pick up one game in store they are going to charge some pro-rated amount. Like the 20% off and then $12.50 off for that particular pick up? If I decide to cancel a pre-order because of bad reviews?

Correct. I'm not sure how it works for canceling a Pre-Order though. That sounds like a hassle.

Darklor01

Might need to stop sniffing glue

It works like you described except, if you cancel a game, it will penalize you by charging the discounted amount from the game you kept after. Kind of an all or nothing situation. Not sure what happens if you return after the game is released and you pick up.

lt519

It works like you described except, if you cancel a game, it will penalize you by charging the discounted amount from the game you kept after. Kind of an all or nothing situation. Not sure what happens if you return after the game is released and you pick up.

Gotcha, so really only worth pre-ordering what you're pretty sure of. Or at least locking games in together that you are sure of.

So far I'm in for an AC adapter, Zelda, Bomberman, XC2, Mario Odyssey, and thinking about Andromeda and Hitman. Or a pair of Sennheiser 558 for $75.

Edit: Doesn't seem to apply with the headphones, weird. double edit: damn they are a "Magnolia" product.

Phantom Liber

Neo Member
I think I may go in one last round for Mario Kart 8, a 64 GB SDXC card for the Switch, Batman vs Superman Ultimate Edition, Kingdom Hearts 1.5 HD for $103 before tax and discount. If Echoes goes up before the sale ends, I'll switch out the memory card and movie so I get the same price and have my collection set for months on end.

lt519

Went a little overboard, but w/e it is pre-orders and can cancel. Put my least likely to keep together:

Had to buy the $30 GCU upfront since I didn't have it.

Zelda+Bomberman+AC Adapter (for on the go) for $100.41
Odyssey+XC2+$10 PSN Card for $87.74
Andromeda + Splatoon 2 + $10 PSN Card for $87.74
MK8 + FE Warriors + $5 BB Card for $82.74

Then used my Perks at Work points from my KS8000 purchase to get Sennheiser HD 558 for $30.

8 games, gift cards, and an adapter with total retail price of $565 after tax for $359 after tax. Take off the $30 GCU I had to buy and its still $175 in savings. Really boils down to $70 in savings since I could have gotten the same deals on Amazon Prime and I had to pay $30 for the GCU. Worth the effort? Eh, maybe, I did pick up in store on most of them. Biggest thing is I can take off work on Friday (Switch release) and have Zelda right away instead of waiting for UPS to arrive from Amazon.

I'll do it again if they put up the pro controller.

I used the Visa Checkout and GCU to get Resident Evil 7, Yakuza 0 and an amiibo for about $84. Originally I just wanted to get RE7 and Yakuza but the total came out to around $95 so I had to add the amiibo to the order so I can use the Visa discount. Still happy though.

I used the Visa Checkout and GCU to get Resident Evil 7, Yakuza 0 and an amiibo for about $84. Originally I just wanted to get RE7 and Yakuza but the total came out to around $95 so I had to add the amiibo to the order so I can use the Visa discount. Still happy though.

You could've gotten a 5 dollar best buy gift card as a filler. Pushes the total right over $100 and you can use it for something in the future.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/best-buy-gc-5-gift-card-multi/1836036.p?skuId=1836036

Jigolo

Just pre ordered Zelda and Mario knowing damn well Nintendo games won't drop in price.

First time I bought a game this early before owning a console. Buying Switch in the fall

ghibli99

I cancelled my BOTW Switch preorder. Listening to Bosman and Moriarty on the Switch, even if you think the latter is pretty negative, he can't help but be 100% right. The Switch, as much as I want it to succeed, annoys the hell out of me as a Nintendo fan. I instead used this to preorder BOTW on Wii U, along with Nioh, which I was sold on after playing the demo this weekend. Awesome game.

goldenpp72

I cancelled my BOTW Switch preorder. Listening to Bosman and Moriarty on the Switch, even if you think the latter is pretty negative, he can't help but be 100% right. The Switch, as much as I want it to succeed, annoys the hell out of me as a Nintendo fan. I instead used this to preorder BOTW on Wii U, along with Nioh, which I was sold on after playing the demo this weekend. Awesome game.

Ok

WadeitOut

If you did something because Colin Moriarity said something, you're doing life wrong.

Listening to Bosman and Moriarty on the Switch, even if you think the latter is pretty negative, he can't help but be 100% right.

He was talking junk about PS3 on the PS3 podcast 10 years ago without knowing what he was talking about. I doubt he suddenly got smarter now.

hemo memo

Gold Member

You did the right choice. They also might cut the price and you'll get it cheaper later and you're also playin that console best available game at launch.

Ocelott

It's funny seeing more Nintendo fans upset by the Switch than non fans. I can't wait for my Switch...Wii U was a mistake.

goldenpp72

He can make his decisions however he wants. Why are you taking them so personally?

The mentality comes off as very irresponsible to me I guess? Plunking down 300+ dollars on something you are able to be convinced out of due to the opinions of random people seems very unusual to me, unless those opinions are based on things the company lied or withheld from us and they are bringing them to your attention of course, but I highly doubt that's the case.

I guess in my world I don't whip around 300+ dollars without being certain it will suit me based on my own needs or wants, rather than being convinced by others, but that's hype culture I guess. It kind of reminds me of when Amiibo were hard to find, and people like myself wanted them from the beginning and had no issues getting them until they became 'rare', then the bandwagon annoying sorts jumped on not even knowing what they were and choked up the pipeline until they became 'common' and boring again, I simply don't get the mentality of some people and their money.

Though I suppose I should applaud him for being financially responsible, it just seems like an odd reason to do so.

rockx4

If pro controller doesn't go up on best buy, I'll probably end up holding off on it. I'll see how the joycons feel.

Totakeke

Probably died because it went on slickdeals frontpage again. Knew I shouldn't have hold off on the Nioh order, but I didn't have any other game that I knew I wanted.

NolbertoS

Wow, I got lucky. Put in my third order this morning and now find its dead. BBa and this Visa Checkout did a huge dent on Amazon's revenue. Amazon has to up their game as inly Prime discounts isn't sufficient anymore

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
Maybe this means they will finally put up stuff they have been holding out on. Wanted to preorder FE Echoes, Amazon has had it up days but Best Buy is lagging behind. Was hoping to be able to use the Visa promo with it.

i dont have GCU so it just didnt make sense to try to use it for Switch games when I have a prime discount.

I did snag me a 2nd set of neon joycons and an official grip. Super happy because ninty accessories never go on sale.

i dont have GCU so it just didnt make sense to try to use it for Switch games when I have a prime discount.

I did snag me a 2nd set of neon joycons and an official grip. Super happy because ninty accessories never go on sale.

You should rectify that and get GCU for future deals like this; you would have saved more money even factoring in the cost of GCU into it.

WadeitOut

the reasonably priced switch pro controller dream is dead

Nah it's on Amazon Japan for $64. Same as a new sku XB1 controller and DS4 new after taxes.

Also I was literally going to buy stuff when I got done on my treadmill, I even had stuff in my cart lol.

Rootbeer

Banned
Let us hope it returns again someday. This was the 2nd time they did it (surprised it got a 2nd go) so there's hope it will return in a few months!

WadeitOut

Let us hope it returns again someday. This was the 2nd time they did it (surprised it got a 2nd go) so there's hope it will return in a few months!

They do it fairly often. The Visa checkout thing exists outside of BB. I've gotten everything from dollars off to free pizza. I got the same 25 off deal at BB several times throughout 2016.

Top Bottom