• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

$25 off $100 purchases with VISA Checkout is back with BestBuy.com

Gaspard

My GCU just kicked in this morning and I went deep in orders.

GCU + Super Mario Odyssey + Archer Link Amiibo + Guardian Amiibo $84.20

Splatoon 2 + Xenoblade 2 + $5 Gift Card $82.20

A set of Joy Cons + Puyo Puyo Tetris $93.29

Bomberman R + ARMS + Grip for Joycons $83.62

$343.31 total coins Best Buy got from me

breakfuss

My GCU just kicked in this morning and I went deep in orders.

GCU + Super Mario Odyssey + Archer Link Amiibo + Guardian Amiibo $84.20

Splatoon 2 + Xenoblade 2 + $5 Gift Card $82.20

A set of Joy Cons + Puyo Puyo Tetris $93.29

Bomberman R + ARMS + Grip for Joycons $83.62

$343.31 total coins Best Buy got from me

Loving Nintendo ain't cheap!

zarnold56

Just ordered Horizon: Zero Dawn, Mass Effect, and Kingdom Hearts 1.5+2.5 for $107. Had a $10 coupon for preordering FFXV. Damn good deal.

smisk

Got Super Bomberman R, BOTW, and MK8:Deluxe for $117, not bad! Now I just need to find somewhere to buy a Switch...

Is anyone else struggling to checkout? Every time I try to place an order, BestBuy says that my session has timed out and returns me to my cart -_-

So colored joycons and charging grips are sold out all over the place (BB and Amazon online and in-store). Surprised at the demand.

NahaNago

Welp went back and bought
  • the crash bandicoot game
  • all of those new zelda amiibos except the goblin like thing
  • the last of us
  • tekken 7
  • gran turismo sport
  • a splatoon amiibo

i'm still deciding if i want that mario kart, splatoon 2, persona 5, nier, and xenoblade 2 on this deal. All of those games are right below must haves and the only one i probably won't get is splatoon 2 since i barely played the first one. Hmmm. I'm just not feeling spending $200 more dollars after $500 i've already spent. Maybe this is it for me this year, hopefully.

El Jaffe

I know Best Buy charges you right away, but don't they only do that for the first five days and then pull the charge? Then they charge you when it ships. Is it different if you use Visa Checkout? If it's the same I might as well pre-order every game I can but if it is a for sure charge right away I'll be content with what I've already gotten.

I know Best Buy charges you right away, but don't they only do that for the first five days and then pull the charge? Then they charge you when it ships. Is it different if you use Visa Checkout? If it's the same I might as well pre-order every game I can but if it is a for sure charge right away I'll be content with what I've already gotten.

It's the same "charge hold", which then clears after a few days or a week. My cards all have a bunch of charges and retractions. I don't see why it would be different one anyone else's. I pretty much pre-ordered every game I plan on buying for the year.

El Jaffe

It's the same "charge hold", which then clears after a few days or a week. My cards all have a bunch of charges and retractions. I don't see why it would be different one anyone else's. I pretty much pre-ordered every game I plan on buying for the year.
I figured that was the case, but felt that would have made this deal way too good. Guess I'll just pre-order everything I'm expecting to get anyway. Thanks!

I figured that was the case, but felt that would have made this deal way too good. Guess I'll just pre-order everything I'm expecting to get anyway. Thanks!

Ha, the deal is way too good! I really wonder how the economics of it work out and what Visa is getting out of it to make it worth $25 of their dollars. I guess it has gotten people to get more stuff than they otherwise might have, but honestly, when you consider that you could always just return or cancel something you've changed your mind about, it doesn't work out.

Maybe they're counting on people buying TVs or refrigerators rather than games that get you to almost exactly $100.

Ha, the deal is way too good! I really wonder how the economics of it work out and what Visa is getting out of it to make it worth $25 of their dollars. I guess it has gotten people to get more stuff than they otherwise might have, but honestly, when you consider that you could always just return or cancel something you've changed your mind about, it doesn't work out.

Maybe they're counting on people buying TVs or refrigerators rather than games that get you to almost exactly $100.

Well it's meant to be 1x use per person, but this is the 3rd time in as many months where they've done this without bothering to enforce that limit. What surprises me is that the offer is still valid almost a full week later. The first 2 times it only lasted a day or 2. Maybe most people already bought everything they wanted the first few times.

Well it's meant to be 1x use per person, but this is the 3rd time in as many months where they've done this without bothering to enforce that limit. What surprises me is that the offer is still valid almost a full week later. The first 2 times it only lasted a day or 2. Maybe most people already bought everything they wanted the first few times.

That's surprised me as well. I figured it would be shut down in a day or so, just like last time. Hasn't happened. Either someone's asleep at the wheel this time, or they've figured out a way to make it work. I wonder if the limit enforcement is just too complicated when you're meshing the Visa Checkout and Best Buy systems.

Darklor01

Might need to stop sniffing glue
That's surprised me as well. I figured it would be shut down in a day or so, just like last time. Hasn't happened. Either someone's asleep at the wheel this time, or they've figured out a way to make it work. I wonder if the limit enforcement is just too complicated when you're meshing the Visa Checkout and Best Buy systems.

Well, some things are different. When it ran the first time I got discounts at below $100... like $24 off of a $95 total. Not anymore.

Koppai

Just ordered Puyo Puyo Tetris, Dragon Quest 8, Story of Seasons: Trio of Towns, and the Link Rider amiibo, had a $5 off certificate. So $85 ;o

Seriously try their forums. Contact a Best-Buy personnel in their forums and they'll help you out. Same thing happened with my FFXV season pass

I did, I posted last night. I've had no one respond to me along with the other 15 threads since last night that were created.

Did you post or did you pm a best-buy rep? I'd pm a best-buy rep for quicker help

I posted, I guess I can try messaging one but they're literally responded to none of the threads except to say to wait 24 hours and then when the person responds it's been 5 days you don't hear anything back.

Tried signing up for visa checkout on mobile and it won't verify me, even though it's charged my card for multiple attempts. How grand.

Koppai

Awesome, hopefully the Switch accessories will go live in time now.

And dat Pro controller will appear.
I just ordered it from Amazon Japan cost me $70 total including shipping. Did it just in case I miss out on US order.

Zen Aku

Do you have to spend exactly $100? or can you get away with $94 like last time.
two $60 games with GCU doesn't add up to $100 without filler.

Do you have to spend exactly $100? or can you get away with $94 like last time.
two $60 games with GCU doesn't add up to $100 without filler.

This time you have to reach $100. But if you get to $96 for example and use a $5 gift card as a filler you can get a little less off like ~$24 off instead of the full $25

Yeah, it's fantastic.
They definitely got me to pre-order extra games.

Wish a few of the later upcoming games had release dates so I could further plan out how spaced out they are compared to what I guess, heh.

Zen Aku

You have to spend 100 minimum this time. And you can use a 5 dollar best buy gift card as a filler. Puts it a little over 100, but not much.

This time you have to reach $100. But if you get to $96 for example and use a $5 gift card as a filler you can get a little less off like ~$24 off instead of the full $25

Ah okay thanks guys. Last time we didn't have to and it was perfect lol

Does anyone know what would happen if you order items using this promotion and then return one of the items? I assume they charge you for the your discount of the item returned or something.

Ah okay thanks guys. Last time we didn't have to and it was perfect lol

Does anyone know what would happen if you order items using this promotion and then return one of the items? I assume they charge you for the your discount of the item returned or something.

Yeah, they do. I learned that the hard way. :( Even months later, they billed my credit card for the discounts of the other two games.

Yeah, they do. I learned that the hard way. :( Even months later, they billed my credit card for the discounts of the other two games.

Thanks, I figured this but wasn't sure. It was my one question mark so I put one or two things I thought might get special editions announced later into orders with stuff I'm still not 100% sure on so I'll have less issue cancelling the whole order if a special edition is announced.

dEvAnGeL

So, can gift cards be used as form of payment with this deal? I jist received all the 5 dollar GC i got to reach 100 on my other orders

So, can gift cards be used as form of payment with this deal? I jist received all the 5 dollar GC i got to reach 100 on my other orders

It can but it can not drop your order below 100 dollars. If it does, it negates the deal. So you can use gift cards to drop the balance to around 100 if it's higher, but not lower.

Thanks, I figured this but wasn't sure. It was my one question mark so I put one or two things I thought might get special editions announced later into orders with stuff I'm still not 100% sure on so I'll have less issue cancelling the whole order if a special edition is announced.

I did the same, haha! I put Kingdom Hearts 3 and FF7 remake in the same order because they're bound to get special editions announced. I'm sure there will be more visa promos in the future if I have to cancel/adjust.

Zen Aku

Mind if I ask what did they charged you? I assume you got 2 games and returned 1? So they charge you like $48? (assuming you have GCU too)

Top Bottom