• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

$25 off $100 purchases with VISA Checkout is back with BestBuy.com

Mind if I ask what did they charged you? I assume you got 2 games and returned 1? So they charge you like $48? (assuming you have GCU too)

They charged me for the discounts for the two games. I don't remember the exact amounts because they were all different prices but I got a 12 dollar discount on one game and a 6 dollar discount on another game if I remember correctly. Those were the discount amounts from the visa promotion, not GCU. They charged me the 12 and 6 because the visa promotion was essentially cancelled when I returned/cancelled the game. So yeah, when you cancel or return you end up paying the full price (48 or whatever the full price is after GCU)

So my card apparently expires in June, and I don't have another Visa, so I can't pre-order Puyo Puyo Tetris with this offer. What else might I get in it's place to take advantage of the deal?

I already have on lock-down:

Zelda
Bomberman
Mario Kart 8

Do the new Amiibo's have in-game zelda features? I only ever got the Shovel Knight Amiibo because it was basically DLC.

neonglow

So my card apparently expires in June, and I don't have another Visa, so I can't pre-order Puyo Puyo Tetris with this offer. What else might I get in it's place to take advantage of the deal?

I already have on lock-down:

Zelda
Bomberman
Mario Kart 8

You don't need a Visa to use Visa Checkout. It works with any credit card.

Zen Aku

They charged me for the discounts for the two games. I don't remember the exact amounts because they were all different prices but I got a 12 dollar discount on one game and a 6 dollar discount on another game if I remember correctly. Those were the discount amounts from the visa promotion, not GCU. They charged me the 12 and 6 because the visa promotion was essentially cancelled when I returned/cancelled the game. So yeah, when you cancel or return you end up paying the full price (48 or whatever the full price is after GCU)

Ahh okay. Gotta be careful then. Basically if you're going to return one item. You should probably return everything and re-order. Assuming the Visa deal is still active by then.

If you order it, they'll just ask you to update the expiration date prior to it shipping. So nothing should stop you from ordering it.

Bought The Last Gaurdian, a 1TB Portable Harddrive, and a Gamers Club Unlocked subscription. Total came to just over $100.

Not super exciting, but I'm excited to play TLG! Also GCU seems like it's going to pay for itself quickly!

If you order it, they'll just ask you to update the expiration date prior to it shipping. So nothing should stop you from ordering it.

Says they don't allow a card that expires within 15 days of the release (puyo has none so i dont see the issue), so i cant do it. its the only card i have :(

Velcro Fly

if something doesn't have a release date and your card expires this year they aren't going to let you preorder it. i ran into this issue with the breath of the wild amiibo earlier in the week. lucky for me they changed the release date from TBA to 3/3 so I can order them.

Burning Justice

the superior princess
Glad this got extended. Really hoping the Switch Pro Controller and FE Echoes go up by then... those two are just over $100 combined, so it'll work out great.

nullpoynter

Bought The Last Gaurdian, a 1TB Portable Harddrive, and a Gamers Club Unlocked subscription. Total came to just over $100.

Not super exciting, but I'm excited to play TLG! Also GCU seems like it's going to pay for itself quickly!

The GCU subscription doesn't count toward the $100 though, correct? Does whatever you buy have to be over $100 before adding GCU?

Phantom Liber

Neo Member
Yep, I can confirm GCU counts towards the $100. I have Persona 5 and Yoshi's Wooly World on standby for about $54 with GCU :). If my pals get back to me regarding Switch plans, I may go in for Bomberman R and Breath of the Wild.

Sh0k

Quick question, can I register my Best Buy credit card for the Visa checkout and can I purchase a $20. PSN card to get over $100.?

jrcbandit

Extended to the 25th... amazing... GCU + VISA Checkout keeps on givin'.

Pro Controller...we're waiting
Nice, I can use my $10 worth of gift cards then when they arrive. Can use it for an order of Arms, Bomberman, and Puyo Tetris possibly. I'd rather get the Pro Controller but who knows when it will show up and how fast it will sell out.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
Really? The fine print seemed to say that it would be excluded. Well, if it is included then I'm definitely making a purchase today. Thanks for the reply!

It most likely works the same as gift cards. It counts toward the $100 minimum, but the discount is only applied to eligible products and prorated if they don't add up to $100.

Yep, I can confirm GCU counts towards the $100. I have Persona 5 and Yoshi's Wooly World on standby for about $54 with GCU :). If my pals get back to me regarding Switch plans, I may go in for Bomberman R and Breath of the Wild.
That's pretty cool.. With visa stacked with gcu, we're saving 45%? Trying to figure out how much one needs to spend to offset the gcu cost, when you also include the gcu as the first order you discount with, from the visa checkout.

I don't like preordering games too far ahead though.

60+30+10 game+gcu+gift card first round

Well I guess you'd have to buy 3 games to offset the gcu cost after the first round you initially bought the gcu.

Phantom Liber

Neo Member
That's pretty cool.. With visa stacked with gcu(40%h we're essentially saving $24 per game for a game that is $60 retail. Trying to figure out how much one needs to spend to offset the gcu cost, when you also include the gcu as the first order you discount with, from the visa checkout.

I don't like preordering games too far ahead though.

That is why I'm considering Bomberman and Breath of the Wild, since those are launch games.

If I hear nothing from my friends though...I'm liable to get Pokemon Moon, Corpse Party 3DS and some other normally $40 3DS game as my last attack run.

Does buying digital games count towards visa checkout and/or and gcu? This could make it or break it for me in the next 4 days. They don't have switch digital codes up yet.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
Does buying digital games count towards visa checkout and/or and gcu? This could make it or break it for me in the next 4 days. They don't have switch digital codes up yet.

GCU doesn't work on digital games. Not sure if they get discounted with the Visa promo.

jbug617

Banned
Can't use gift cards with the Visa deal. I tried to use the $5 gift cards I got but it voids the Visa deal for some reason.

Used this plus $25 gift card, $5 reward cert and GCU to get Yakuza 0, Kingdom Hearts 2.8 and Tales of Berseria all for about $95. Feels good!

Quick question since I can't check right now

I have the switch pre ordered, can I change the payment method to Visa Checkout? Also, does Visa Checkout accepts American Express?

Also do they still charge the credit card when it ships, right?

Thanks!

Burning Justice

the superior princess
I have the switch pre ordered, can I change the payment method to Visa Checkout?

Nope. You would need to cancel and re-order... but since the Switch is sold out, that isn't an option.

Also, does Visa Checkout accepts American Express?

Unsure about American Express specifically, but I would guess it does. They say they accept "any major credit or debit card".

Also do they still charge the credit card when it ships, right?

Yes. They charge you when you place your order in order to authenticate your card, but they reverse that charge a couple days after. They don't charge you again after that until it ships.

lt519

It took 5 days for mine to activate, I would recommend calling them directly.

Ugh, really? Figured it'd be pretty instant...I'll wait a few days, mostly got it so I could pick up Zelda early on the 3rd instead of waiting for Amazon to deliver and get the $25 off $100 to essentially pay for it. If it isn't activated before the end of this deal it'll have been pretty wasteful, Prime saves just as much.

Top Bottom