• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

$29.99 for Virtua Fighter 5, Call of Duty 3 FREE with COD 4, & other 11/4-11/30 deals

Unfortunately, it looks like these are Xbox 360 only for the moment.

pTRU1-3804323reg.jpg
pTRU1-4021705reg.jpg
pTRU1-3541718reg.jpg

Sorry. My fault for omitting the original link. I always give credit where it's due.

http://forums.shoryuken.com/showthread.php?t=142395

Deals (from Cheapassgamer.com):
- At Burger King, you can pick up a coupon for Circuit City that will give you a $10 Circuit City gift card for every X360 game/accessory purchase $39.99 and up. Exp 11/30/2007

- Circuit City this week (10/28-11/3)
$13.99
Brain Age 2 DS
Hanana Montana DS
Namco Museum DS
Lego Star Wars II DS
Need for Speed: Most Wanted PS2/PSP
Smackdown Vs. Raw 2007 PS2/PSP
Socom: Combined Assault PS2
Ace Combat 5 PS2
Grand Theft Auto: Liberty City Stores PSP
Tekken PSP
Project Gotham Racing 3 Xbox 360

$39.99 PC games:
Hellgate: London Regular Edition
Enemy Territory: Quake Wars
Sims 2: Limited Edition

- Circuit City next week (11/4-11/10)
- Virtua Fighter 5 - $39.99
- Call of Duty 4 - $59.99, receive Call of Duty 3 for free. X360 version, waiting for confirmation for other platforms.

This week's major releases:

10/28-11/3

Multi-Platform:
Guitar Hero III
Simpsons Game
Manhunt 2

PS3:
Stranglehold

Xbox 360:
Naruto: Rise of the Ninja
Timeshift
Virtua Fighter 5
Viva Pinata: Party Animals

Wii:
Batallion Wars 2

PSP:
Disgaea: Afternoon of Darkness

DS:

PS2:

PC:
Hellgate: London

Upcoming releases (ship dates, might be available next day):

11/5 - Call of Duty 4 (Multiplatform) $49.99 PC, $59.99 360/PS3
11/5 - Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn (Wii) $49.99
11/6 - Gears of War (PC) $49.99
11/6 - Silent Hill: Origins (PSP) $29.99
11/6 - Mario and Sonic at the Olympics (Wii) $49.99
11/6 - Dragon Quest Monsters: Joker (DS) $39.99
11/13 - Super Mario Galaxy (Wii) $49.99
11/13 - Assassins' Creed (Multiplatform) $59.99
11/13 - Kane & Lynch: Dead Men (Multiplatform) $59.99
11/13 - Metal of Honor: Heroes 2 (PSP, Wii) $39.99 PSP, $49.99 Wii
11/13 - Metal Gear Portable Ops: Plus (PSP) $19.99
11/13 - Need for Speed Prostreet (Multiplatform) $59.99
11/13 - NeoGeo Battle Colliseum (PS2 ) $19.99
11/13 - Contra 4 (DS) $29.99
11/13 - Resident Evil: Umbrella Chronicles (Wii) $49.99
11/13 - Rayman Raving Rabbids 2 (Wii) $49.99
11/19 - Unreal Tournament III (PC) $49.99
11/20 - Wii Zapper w/ Zelda (Wii) $24.99
11/20 - Soul Calibur Legends (Wii) $49.99
11/20 - Uncharted: Drake's Fortune (PS3) $59.99
11/20 - Mass Effect (360) $59.99
11/20 - Rock Band (Multiplatform) $169.99 (bundle), $59.99 game
11/20 - Ghost Squad (Wii) $29.99
11/20 - Trauma Center New Blood (Wii) $49.99
11/20 - Final Fantasy XII Revenant Wings (DS) $39.99
11/27 - Geometry Wars: Galaxies (DS) $29.99

Let me know if I'm wrong, release dates and prices subject to change. I may be missing some major releases, too.
2wqske8.jpg

·feist· said:
Also, Best Buy has a separate 10% promotional coupon of their own.

gl_hdr_bbylogo.gif

It reads:

"Exclusive Sales Event. November 2-5, 2007

10% OFF
all regulary priced music, movies,
toys, video games and PC games
(Any combination, limit 3.)

Markdowns taken from regular prices. Excludes new release DVDs and Video game Hardware."

I wouldv'e asked for them to take another 10% off VF5, but I decided to leave it at the $30 I paid and be on my way. I don't have a scanner, but I was given a copy of the BB sticker that I can post a pic of if anyone needs it for clarification or as a visual aid for any uninformed employees.

Happy Hunting.

230014brp.jpg

11/13 - Super Mario Galaxy (Wii)

gkrykewy said:
Also from CAG, Toys R Us (in store only) will give you a $25 gift card (!) if you buy Mario Galaxy there during its launch week.

leftnav_rzn_xbox360.gif

burger-king.jpg

sk3tch said:
You guys don't even need to go into Burger King to get the coupon:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=194104

speculawyer said:
If you go here, you can sign up and get a free 48 hours of xbox Live Gold. These are great when you have guests that you don't want to screw up things on your xbox live account.

If you go to participating Burger King locations, they are giving out a coupon for $10 gift card when buying any xbox 360 game or accessory costing $39.99 or more at Circuit City. The coupons are valid through 11/30/07, so you can use them to get a $10 gift card when buying some of the big recent and upcoming xbox 360 titles such as Mass Effect, Bioshock, Call of Duty 4, NBA 2K8, Army of Two, College Hoops 2K, Assassin's Creed, The Simpsons, Orange Box, Tomb Raider: Anniversary, Halo 3, Skate, Tony Hawk, (well . . . those that make it into stores before 11/30/07 as all of those are scheduled to). I think I'll end up using those $10 gift cards when going in for the next 360 title with a coupon. :lol
BTW, Holy fucking crap are there a lot of great games coming out!

I also got this link for the above $10 gift card deal in my email and I think you can just click on it and print out your own coupon. It makes you download some coupon program though . . . a piece of adware I assume but you can remove it after printing your coupon.

Thanks King!

Edit: corrected that it is a $10 gift card, not $10 off. (To me they tend to be equivalent since I spend so much at electronics stores.) Thanks for correcting me, handofg0d and sk3tch! :D

leftnav_rzn_xbox360.gif

151px-Burger_King_Logo.svg.png

Direct link to the $10 BK promotion.

Ironballs said:
http://i24.tinypic.com/205y5iu.jpg

Hopefully that eliminates any potential confusion.

200369b.jpg
802113b.jpg

Circuit City 11/4 - 11/10

SuperEnemyCrab said:
·feist· said:
SuperEnemyCrab said:
Didnt see it in the OP or mentioned in the thread, but Tomb Raider: Anniversary Xbox 360 is $29.99 @ Circuit City this week as well, I bought it today for that price. They are also selling wireless xbox 360 controllers for $39.99, I got one of the new blue ones.
$39.99 for the wireless pad even w/o the $10 off? So that'd be $29.99, then?

Yup, they are on sale for $39.99, so w. coupon it would be $29.99

leftnav_rzn_ps3.gif
leftnav_rzn_xbox360.gif

holiday_bullseye._V6391266_.gif

Target 11/4 - 11/10

·feist· said:
pTRU1-3607578reg.jpg
pTRU1-3607588reg.jpg

To anyone interested, Target has Viva Piñata: Party Animals for $49.99 ($10 off) this week and APF2K8 on clearance 50% off for $14.50.

leftnav_rzn_wii.gif

p4223752t130.jpg

RBH said:
TRU is running a Buy 2 Wii games, Get 1 Free sale during the week of 11/18:

The week of November 18th at Toys R Us, all Wii games will be buy two get the third free, in celebration of the one year anniversary of the Wii's release.

This is for the Wii games only.

-CAG

·feist· said:
6p6ct8j.gif

Sunday 11/11 - Saturday 11/17

85ubv5j.jpg

7wpoe49.jpg

6z6etue.jpg

- $5 in Nick Bucks when you buy either of the new Sponge Bob PS2 or DS games

- Best Buy Exclusive: WWE SmackDown vs. Raw 2008 Costume code + $10 off WWE Ultimate Fan Edition DVDs

- $49.99 for Xbox360 Gears, NCAA Football 08, PGR4 and Bioshock

- $29.99 for PS2 Tiger Woods 08

·feist· said:
logo.gif

Sunday 11/11 - Saturday 11/17

6t5pdau.jpg

720dawo.jpg

- 2 for $30 on all games $19.99 or less

- $39.99 for Crysis + $10 giftcard

- $39.99 (save $10) for PC Sim City Societies, Call of Duty 4, TimeShift, Hell Gate and Viva Pinata

Circuit City isn't selling Bladestorm?

Oh the guy says he may be missing major releases. Doesn't have Lego Star Wars on there either.

calder

I already bought COD4, which is a shame since the chance to trade in COD3 to EB or something for the third time would have been funny. ;)

Quagm1r3

Does anyone know if the Wii Zapper w/ zelda is twilight princess or that crossbow game? If it's TP, I might just buy a Wii this christmas.

EDIT: The sheer number of interesting Wii games is too much for my weak constitution. YOU WIN NINTENDO! I'm buying a Wii...

TommyT

Jirotrom said:
all of you folks better buy VF5... better.

I haven't really been a fan of fighting games for awhile now... but for $29.99 you bet your ass I wont let that shit pass.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
Captain Glanton said:
I'd like to know this too. If I have to buy a burger, I'd just throw it away, so the deal wouldn't be worth it.

Because burger king burgers cost 10 dollars?

MrDaravon

The coupons are just on stands, you can probably just walk in and grab one, or just buy a drink.

Also the title is fairly misleading, you get a $10 gift card with the purchase, not $10 OFF (unless you get a really stupid cashier).

Zoe

SailorDaravon said:
Also the title is fairly misleading, you get a $10 gift card with the purchase, not $10 OFF (unless you get a really stupid cashier).

Well, Circuit City doesn't always use the brightest methods to apply specials...

Mindlog

This is a great deal, CAG rocks.

VF5 was going to be one of the unfortunate games on the, 'You're awesome but there are just too many damned games coming out for me to buy you' list.

it shall no be added to my library, jumping is futile

gkryhewy

Also from CAG, Toys R Us (in store only) will give you a $25 gift card (!) if you buy Mario Galaxy there during its launch week.

MrDaravon

Zoe said:
Well, Circuit City doesn't always use the brightest methods to apply specials...

This coupon has been floating around for over a month now though: you get a $10 GC with your transaction, not $10 off and the $10 GC isn't to be used on the transaction you get it. Some CAGers have had some luck with stupid cashiers, but with the way it scans into the system that's very very YMMV.

Quazar

gkrykewy said:

I wonder how much a sealed Galaxy goes for on ebay. Do you guys think we could get around full price for it on ebay? I could always just buy several copies and save gift cards for other purchases.

Ironballs

Would I have to actually....eat at Burger King to get these coupons? Or should they be sitting on a counter somewhere inside?

gkrykewy said:
Great find. Guess TRU will be getting my SMG money. Also, I added your comment up top.

mr stroke

Barkley's Justice said:
so circuit city has vf5 next week for $39.99? can i return the $59 version i bought at eb games and get my money back?
Yep, except good luck finding it, I went to 2 CC in my area and they got very small quantities last week and were sold out. If I can find it I will just exchange my copy of VF5 I bought a GS last week for COD4..

Skilotonn said:
You'd be crazy to NOT take advantage of getting VF5 360 for only $29.99...

Real crazy.
Pretty much.

Ironballs said:
Would I have to actually....eat at Burger King to get these coupons? Or should they be sitting on a counter somewhere inside?
Horror of horrors!!

I'm not sure of the exact details as to how the BK coupons will be given out. As usual, it seems like it will be a location specific thing wher the manager decides if they will be on the counter/stand, given to anyone who asks or only available with a purchase from their menu.

Even w/o a coupon, VF5 will cost $40 on the 360 for this week and is $40 on the PS3 (everyday price) at a number of retailers. Misleading title? I, for one, will be walking out of either CC or another retailer with a $30 copy of VF5 soon as i get the time to.

Guys, be creative.
1. Even if a BK purchase is required (just give it to a co-worker, friend, homeless person, all of the above) I'm sure that people can find a way to walk away with more than one coupon at a time.

2. Apparently the COD 4 add doesn't specify system in the large print. Take the physical add or a photo of it to another outlet and get it priccematched for a PS3 copy of the game. It wouldn't surprise me to see people buying the PS3 version from CC itself as well.

gkrykewy said:

Can I return the game and keep the $25 gift card? I don't have a Wii, so I won't be able to play the game.

Masta_Killah said:
Can I return the game and keep the $25 gift card? I don't have a Wii, so I won't be able to play the game.

I was thinking the same thing. I don't have a Wii, but I want that $25 gift card!

Ironballs

·feist· said:
Guys, be creative.
1. Even if a BK purchase is required (just give it to a co-worker, friend, homeless person, all of the above) I'm sure that people can find a way to walk away with more than one coupon at a time.

I can dig that.

Top Bottom