• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

$29.99 for Virtua Fighter 5, Call of Duty 3 FREE with COD 4, & other 11/4-11/30 deals

Synless

Kodiak said:
SMG at 50 dollars should be considered the best deal of all time. When else have you been able to touch the face of jesus for such a paltry sum?
Arean't all wii games $50 anyways? So how is that a deal?

acksman

Picked up my VF5, thanks for the heads up. I did the coupon from the link on the last page. The cashier could not get it to work so he asked me if I just wanted the $10 off the game instead. Withholding my you bet your MF'er I want that, I just said yes please.

VF360.jpg

acksman

No you supposed to only get the gift card for $10 off. So, with the coupon, you would buy the game then they would give you the gift card to use towards another purchase.

I've got this gut feeling that when I show up with the coupon, they're going to read the fine print and deny me... oh well, off I go....

I think ima just buy it online...dont feel like taking the journey to buy

What I will do, is go buy COD4, on tuesday, get my free game...then put that gift card towards the purchase of Naruto, next weekend

/thumbs up

acksman said:
Picked up my VF5, thanks for the heads up. I did the coupon from the link on the last page. The cashier could not get it to work so he asked me if I just wanted the $10 off the game instead. Withholding my you bet your MF'er I want that, I just said yes please.

VF360.jpg

haha, I actually just went to that exact same Circuit City, and the guy did the exact same $10 off trick for me.

Now I'm off to gamestop to return the one I bought on Wednesday. Well, technically, I'm returning the copy I just bought since it's unopened, but gamestop doesn't necessarily need to know the difference...

Crisis

Banned
I asked last night but nobody said whether or not this deal applies to the PS3 version of COD4 as well. I saw the CC ad in my paper this morning. First it says that you get COD3 free with COD4 then it only shows the 360 version. If you read the ad you wouldn't think there were a PS3 or PC version.

Any of you have a CC with the Hori Stick in stock (if they even carry it)?

Crisis said:
I asked last night but nobody said whether or not this deal applies to the PS3 version of COD4 as well. I saw the CC ad in my paper this morning. First it says that you get COD3 free with COD4 then it only shows the 360 version. If you read the ad you wouldn't think there were a PS3 or PC version.
I answered.

·feist· said:
Guys, be creative.

2. Apparently the COD 4 add doesn't specify system in the large print. Take the physical add or a photo of it to another outlet and get it priccematched for a PS3 copy of the game. It wouldn't surprise me to see people buying the PS3 version from CC itself as well.

RobertM

Crisis said:
Xbox 360 version only, sadly.

Kodiak

Not an asshole.
Synless said:
Arean't all wii games $50 anyways? So how is that a deal?

I'm saying that the game is worth much more than 50 dollars. It was a joke post. I'm not on my A game this week.

The coupon didn't work for me from the online site. It couldn't recognize what the offer was but at least they tried to scan it. Oh well, I was happy with VF5 for $40 anyway.

duk

Banned
UnholySpectacle said:
Um, the OP does not say whether they are getting it on the 5th or 6th.

my reply was at rance, but to answer your question... go to circuitcity.com and click on weekly ad

def sim

duk said:
my reply was at rance, but to answer your question... go to circuitcity.com and click on weekly ad

Well, it'd been nice if you clarified rather than making a random statement. I see that you can get a $10 off coupon for CC and CoD3 comes with CoD4. I guess I missed something or another.

jvalioli

Someone stole all the SMG pre-order cards from my TRU. :lol

Anyway, got myself a nice little slip, so I'm all set. Weird thing though, they said they are getting the game on Tuesday, but they won't have the pre-order coins til the 14th. Is this all over or is it just my TRU?

rance said:
So $50 for both CoD3&4?

Nice deal. Looks like I'll be driving out to CC just for that.
Well . . . technically $60 for CoD3, CoD4, and a $10 CC Gift Card.

But they might not honor the $10 GC at the same time as the dual CoD3 and CoD4 deal. Those coupons are kinda screwed up and often don't seem to appear in their computer. Very annoying.

woodchuck

i have a question about how the CC gift card works.

Suppose you buy a game for $60. Do they give you a free $10 gift card?

Can you just return the game, use a coupon again, get another free $10 gift card. Repeat.

Isn't that like free money?

woodchuck said:
i have a question about how the CC gift card works.

Suppose you buy a game for $60. Do they give you a free $10 gift card?

Can you just return the game, use a coupon again, get another free $10 gift card. Repeat.

Isn't that like free money?

if you return the game they will probably want the Gift card back, or take $10 back from what they credit you.

woodchuck

Ninja Scooter said:
if you return the game they will probably want the Gift card back, or take $10 back from what they credit you.

damn. i'll try it out anyway. maybe the cashier is a dumbass.

PopfulMail

Marty Chinn said:
The coupon didn't work for me from the online site. It couldn't recognize what the offer was but at least they tried to scan it. Oh well, I was happy with VF5 for $40 anyway.

Ditto.. I was told the item had to be an accessory. Ah well... $40 VF5 is good enough.

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
I can't buy it online

It's in stock but when I check out, it's out of stock o_O

~Kinggi~

Banned
Thats the last fuckin time i try a circuit city promotion again. Damn i hate incompetent idiots who dont know how to handle coupons. The coupon from burger king didnt do shit. They tried some refund trick but i feel i may have actually paid double or more for the damn game. If so im goin back and cursing up a storm. Wasted an hour today trying to get this shit.

"Thats the last fuckin time i try a circuit city promotion again. Damn i hate incompetent idiots who dont know how to handle coupons. The coupon from burger king didnt do shit. They tried some refund trick but i feel i may have actually paid double or more for the damn game. If so im goin back and cursing up a storm. Wasted an hour today trying to get this shit."

How do you not know how much you wound up paying?

~Kinggi~

Banned
Zaraki_Kenpachi said:
"Thats the last fuckin time i try a circuit city promotion again. Damn i hate incompetent idiots who dont know how to handle coupons. The coupon from burger king didnt do shit. They tried some refund trick but i feel i may have actually paid double or more for the damn game. If so im goin back and cursing up a storm. Wasted an hour today trying to get this shit."

How do you not know how much you wound up paying?
I used a credit card, and so i got 2 receipts, one saying i paid 41$, the other saying i paid 65 cents. All the while they are telling me it refunded me an amount enough so that i only paid 30$ between the two transactions. So their tactic was probably to confuse the shit out of me.

"I used a credit card, and so i got 2 receipts, one saying i paid 41$, the other saying i paid 65 cents. When they are telling me it refunded me an amount enough so that i only paid 30$ between the two transactions. So their tactic was probably to confuse the shit out of me."

Wow, that's a really weird way of going about it... Hopefully mine won't have that much trouble with this. :/

def sim

speculawyer said:
Well . . . technically $60 for CoD3, CoD4, and a $10 CC Gift Card.

But they might not honor the $10 GC at the same time as the dual CoD3 and CoD4 deal. Those coupons are kinda screwed up and often don't seem to appear in their computer. Very annoying.

That's probably the case. Oh well, free game regardless.

Kingpen

mine was all sold out. so the coupon would not have worked anyway. I got best buy to price match the VF5 ad though, and then I went to gamestop and swapped it out for Guitar Hero 3 (already had VF5)

I just picked up my copy of Virtua Fighter 5 360 for $29.99...

from Best Buy.

Not trickery, arguments, begging, flirting or slights of hand needed. I just asked. And no, I don't have any "connections" or "hook-ups" there.

First stop was my local Circuit City and they were sold out. Then I went off to 2 different GameStops and was told that they would not and do not ever pricematch. I rarely ever shop there and was under the impression that they would. Next stop was the BB next door and a nice $30 off VF5 at the register. I did not make any other purchases from them or perform any magic tricks to make it happen. On the way out I decided to go back to GS and buy the Hori stick for $60 just in case. I don't plan on openning it just yet since I'm looking to get the same exact stick for ~$40-50 new in the next week or two. If that doesn't pan out, I'll still have the $60 GS purchase to fall back on.

I don't know what to say to you guys who want to get the PS3 version of COD3&4 aside from what I already suggested. You haven't even tried yet and are already accepting defeat. If I can walk out of BB for an item that is advertised for $40 at a competitor and get an additional $10 off on top of that I don't see why others can't get similar deals.

If anyone doesn't believe me I'll post a pic of the receipt.

Also, Best Buy has a separate 10% promotional coupon of their own.

gl_hdr_bbylogo.gif

It reads:

"Exclusive Sales Event. November 2-5, 2007

10% OFF
all regulary priced music, movies,
toys, video games and PC games
(Any combination, limit 3.)

Markdowns taken from regular prices. Excludes new release DVDs and Video game Hardware."

I wouldv'e asked for them to take another 10% off VF5, but I decided to leave it at the $30 I paid and be on my way. I don't have a scanner, but I was given a copy of the BB sticker that I can post a pic of if anyone needs it for clarification or as a visual aid for any uninformed employees.

Happy Hunting.

jtardiou

Banned
Hey guys I was thinking about getting Mario Galaxy at Toys'R'Us

Anything I need to know? Can I just walk in mid-day of launch day and pick up a copy with a gift card? Or do I need to pre pre-order or some bs?

If yours isn't a high volume or highly traffic'd store just walk in and buy it. You will want to know where the next closest location or two are from that TRU just in case. Keep in mind, Mom & Pop will be buying this game for Little Billys everywhere as the #1 Wii game and hardcore Wii owners will also be picking up a copy. I have about 4 TRUs in mind.

Kasumi1970

my name is Ted
My Local circuit City didn't have the games on the shelf or they were sold out. I asked a sales clerk to see if they had any in stock in the back, but he said they didn't. BestBuy wouldn't price match becuase Circuit city said they didn't have any in stock. They actually called the Circuit City to confirm this. Atleast I got the 10%. Atleast I own VF5 on the 360. Next Sega Rally revo and Air Combat 6.

Sysgen

Kasumi1970 said:
My Local circuit City didn't have the games on the shelf or they were sold out. I asked a sales clerk to see if they had any in stock in the back, but he said they didn't. BestBuy wouldn't price match becuase Circuit city said they didn't have any in stock. They actually called the Circuit City to confirm this. Atleast I got the 10%. Atleast I own VF5 on the 360. Next Sega Rally revo and Air Combat 6.

My Bestbuy just price matched it. Before going up to the customer service counter for the price match I read the price match policy that was displayed and basically all it said is that they would price match it on the spot, which in fact they did. Calling CC wouldv'e pissed me off as I'm sure you were.

Didnt see it in the OP or mentioned in the thread, but Tomb Raider: Anniversary Xbox 360 is $29.99 @ Circuit City this week as well, I bought it today for that price. They are also selling wireless xbox 360 controllers for $39.99, I got one of the new blue ones.

$39.99 for the wireless pad even w/o the $10 off? So that'd be $29.99, then?

Kasumi1970 said:
That's absurd. I've never heard of a store calling another to see if the item is in stock. How do they know which location you plan on buying it from? Not all CCs are sold out. Not to mention the game is also $39.99 online at http://www.circuitcity.com/

http://www.circuitcity.com/ssm/Virt...sem/rpsm/oid/191340/rpem/ccd/productDetail.do

So you got the BB 10% off bringing it to $53.99?

Top Bottom