• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

$29.99 for Virtua Fighter 5, Call of Duty 3 FREE with COD 4, & other 11/4-11/30 deals

TommyT

TekunoRobby said:
My Circuit City has a big stock of CoD4 but they can't sell it until 2pm. Kinda weird.

Just called CC while I'm at work and looks like they got it in today but again can't sell until 2pm. In related news, looks like I got the shaft from some skank that works there yesterday.... :(

Sh0k

TekunoRobby said:
My Circuit City has a big stock of CoD4 but they can't sell it until 2pm. Kinda weird.

TekunoRobby, you are also in Miami ? Is this at the Circuit City by Dadeland ? Because I went to the one at Doral and they haven't received it yet.

traveler

Not Wario
Does anyone know if we can use multiple coupons? I'd like to head over there, buy VF5 and the Hori stick for $20 in gift cards, then use the gift cards to go back in and purchase CoD4 for $50, get another $10 gift card, and put it towards Ratatouille. :lol .

ShinAmano

Nice i went to BK walked in saw stacks of these coupons...I took one (stack) and now all my november games are covered:
VF5
Assassins Creed
Call of Duty 4...

What else should I get...I will use the Gift Cards towards Mario Galaxy :)

4ndii

I had no intentions to buy COD4 until I found about this sale.

I went to CC last night right before the store closed around 8:50pm and they had four copies of COD3. I hid a copy of COD3 behind some copies of Saints Row, and came back around 1:30pm today. The other three copies disappeared by the time I got there. Luckily, nobody found my hidden one. True to their word, the FedEx shipment of COD4 + posters came in around 1:45pm. While I waited, I asked the guy to also look for the Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn.

When I checked out, the cashier went through a couple of dialog screens to apply the discount for the free COD3. He went through it so fast, and the total came out to be $84.79 after tax. I had to blink for a second. I had no idea how he came up with that total, but proceeded to charge my credit card as soon as I could before any questions were asked.

As I walked out the door with my copies of COD4, COD3, Fire Emblem, and a COD4 poster, it turns out that the register applied a $30 discount to COD4 in addition to penny-ing COD3. I was a little upset that they didn't have any copies of COD3 Gold Edition, but this more than makes up for it.

Today was a good day :)

TekunoRobby

Tag of Excellence
Sh0k said:
TekunoRobby, you are also in Miami ? Is this at the Circuit City by Dadeland ? Because I went to the one at Doral and they haven't received it yet.
I did indeed go to the one by Dadeland. Their computer said that the one in Doral had 62 copies of CoD4 and only 3 copies of CoD3.

Since I wasn't willing to drive to Doral I said fuck it and went to Best Buy. They price matched CC without any hassle.

Sh0k

TekunoRobby said:
I did indeed go to the one by Dadeland. Their computer said that the one in Doral had 62 copies of CoD4 and only 3 copies of CoD3.

Since I wasn't willing to drive to Doral I said fuck it and went to Best Buy. They price matched CC without any hassle.

I think that Circuit City caught up to the glitch, at least this location, because it was ringing both games for $30. + tax, but they were manually changing the price and changing COD 4 to $59.99 and COD 3 for a penny.

I went around 1:30pm and they were selling the game at customer service. The funny thing is that when I went earlier they had around 15-20 copies of COD 3 and I hid one of the gold edition ones; when I went back, they didn't have any COD 3 left but I found the one I hid before :D

TekunoRobby said:

Wait, so they price matched by giving you a free copy of COD3?

TekunoRobby

Tag of Excellence
Sh0k said:
I think that Circuit City caught up to the glitch, at least this location, because it was ringing both games for $30. + tax, but they were manually changing the price and changing COD 4 to $59.99 and COD 3 for a penny.

I went around 1:30pm and they were selling the game at customer service. The funny thing is that when I went earlier they had around 15-20 copies of COD 3 and I hid one of the gold edition ones; when I went back, they didn't have any COD 3 left but I found the one I hid before :D
Good stuff man, wish I could've done the same. I only got a platinum version but I'm getting rid of it anyways so I really don't care.

CajoleJuice said:
Wait, so they price matched by giving you a free copy of COD3?
Yep

I just called my CC, they have CoD4 in now, but no copies of CoD3. He said they won't be getting anymore in, so I guess its more of a deal to flush out whatever remaining stock they have left laying around of CoD 3, not really getting any new ones in.

TommyT

ShinAmano said:
Nice i went to BK walked in saw stacks of these coupons...I took one (stack) and now all my november games are covered:
VF5
Assassins Creed
Call of Duty 4...

What else should I get...I will use the Gift Cards towards Mario Galaxy :)

I think it's one gift card per person per game.... Not for sure, will look later.

Sh0k said:

CC is shady.

Went to my local CC today and the salesman fed me a line about them having supply issues or something, but he seemed...a bit shady about the whole thing.

He said the UPS man didn't supply them with copies, but oddly enough, across the street at gamestop there's the UPS man with boxes CoD4. Asked him if he hit up the CC with the same boxes and he said yes.

So I wonder if they were holding off selling until they got their price issue fixed. bastards.

I had to look all over to find a place that would sell CoD4 without a preorder.

Cravis

SuperEnemyCrab said:
I just called my CC, they have CoD4 in now, but no copies of CoD3. He said they won't be getting anymore in, so I guess its more of a deal to flush out whatever remaining stock they have left laying around of CoD 3, not really getting any new ones in.
Weird mine said they would be getting more of COD3 in sometime this week via Fedex. I bought COD4 and they took my name and number down and told me they'd hold me one when they got them in.

Cravis said:
Weird mine said they would be getting more of COD3 in sometime this week via Fedex. I bought COD4 and they took my name and number down and told me they'd hold me one when they got them in.

Hmmmm, strange. And I called one of the main ones in my city. Maybe ill ask when I stop by on my way home. I would really like to get a free CoD3 if possible. I already own it, but hey a free game is a free game!

VideoMan

30% Failure Rate
Went to CC to get in on the deal and there was only one copy of COD3 left and some other guy got it. I asked if I could get a voucher or something but the employee said it was only while supplies last. I almost just bought COD4 anyway but decided I'd try another CC first. So I drive about 10 miles to the next one where they had COD3 and it was the original package (not the platinum hits one with those horrible clear plastic jewel cases) and I also used the BK coupon that I printed out to get a $10 gift card. Sweet deal.

Got COD4 and COD3 for $32 and change as well at Circuit City...that was quite a surprise.

Person that rang me up said that after me he'll have to look into the price glitch though. If anything, they might have pulled all copies off the shelves.

Since my total was $32-something, he couldn't take my $10 gift card coupon :lol

I was told that they didn't have any copies of COD 3, so I went out and dug through the game section and found two copies, one gold, one regular. I ended up getting the COD3 gold edition and the collectors edition of COD 4 for 69.99 + tax. Even if they say they don't have any copies you might want to go dig through the game section yourself, because usually they are very poorly organized and you might find a copy or two. :D

Also, they have a very archaic way of looking up games (they look up the UPC code in a book which isn't updated very often) so instead of looking stuff up they just say they are sold out.

Just a reminder that tomorrow (Saturday 11/10) is the last day for some of these deals. In the event that COD3 is sold out (it will be in 99.9% of cases) some CCs are giving out rainchecks for when they get more value copies in stock.

Anyone have any luck with getting the COD4 deal on PS3?

I was intending on adding more deals through the end of the month with a heavy focus on Black Friday, but that now has it's own thread here:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=206750

Also, starting this Tuesday and during this week only:

TRU_StoreLocator_B2.gif

http://www.toysrus.com/tstorelocator

228127.jpg

81jdbtl.jpg

When I got my 360 deal on launch day, I did happen to notice a guy who appeared to be getting both for the PS3. He was also one of the many who got a free $25 gc for waiting till 2:45 for the game.

He actually complained about the wait too. What a dick.

Mooreberg

All the stores I called didn't have COD3 and weren't giving out rainchecks... or gift cards for not having it in stock. Would have been funny to get both games for $30 but oh well.

RBH

TRU is running a Buy 2 Wii games, Get 1 Free sale during the week of 11/18:

The week of November 18th at Toys R Us, all Wii games will be buy two get the third free, in celebration of the one year anniversary of the Wii's release.

This is for the Wii games only.

-CAG

Cloudy

Banned
I did the deal today with 2 coupons printed from the website. I got $10 off each game instead of a shitty giftcard AND got a raincheck for CoD 3 :D

falcinator said:
When I got my 360 deal on launch day, I did happen to notice a guy who appeared to be getting both for the PS3. He was also one of the many who got a free $25 gc for waiting till 2:45 for the game.

He actually complained about the wait too. What a dick.
I won't even get into what I had to go through to get my copy of the game. Don't think I'll ever go to that particular location again. I left and ended up getting it for less at another branch. I didn't luck out like some of you with the $30 combined cost price glitch for both games, but maybe next time.

leftnav_rzn_wii.gif

p4223752t130.jpg

RBH said:
TRU is running a Buy 2 Wii games, Get 1 Free sale during the week of 11/18:

The week of November 18th at Toys R Us, all Wii games will be buy two get the third free, in celebration of the one year anniversary of the Wii's release.

This is for the Wii games only.

-CAG
Quoted for any who missed it and adding to the OP.

6p6ct8j.gif

Sunday 11/11 - Saturday 11/17

85ubv5j.jpg

7wpoe49.jpg

6z6etue.jpg

- $5 in Nick Bucks when you buy either of the new Sponge Bob PS2 or DS games

- Best Buy Exclusive: WWE SmackDown vs. Raw 2008 Costume code + $10 off WWE Ultimate Fan Edition DVDs

- $49.99 for Xbox360 Gears, NCAA Football 08, PGR4 and Bioshock

- $29.99 for PS2 Tiger Woods 08

Yeah, even though it's a game forum there are just so many deals on TVs, HD/DVD/Blu-ray, AV, CDs, Comp accessories, etc. pretty much everywhere you look.

logo.gif

6t5pdau.jpg

720dawo.jpg

- 2 for $30 on all games $19.99 or less

- $39.99 for Crysis + $10 giftcard

- $39.99 (save $10) for PC Sim City Societies, Call of Duty 4, TimeShift, Hell Gate and Viva Pinata

7xocjgz.gif

71lqtqs.jpg

71d4lzp.jpg

- Free $10 giftcard with purchase of a $49.99 SanDisk PSP 2GB MS duo

- Free $10 giftcard with purchase of a $59.99 Need For Speed Pro Street PS3 & 360

- Free WWE DVD with purchase of a $59.99 SmackDown vs. Raw 2008 Xbox 360 or $49.99 SmackDown vs. Raw 2008 PS2

- 5 Free Song Downloads with purchase of a $59.99 Assassin's Creed PS3 & 360

Top Bottom