• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

$29.99 for Virtua Fighter 5, Call of Duty 3 FREE with COD 4, & other 11/4-11/30 deals

SuperEnemyCrab said:
Yup, they are on sale for $39.99, so w. coupon it would be $29.99
Correct. I didn't even notice it in the CC flyer. Added those two up top.

pTRU1-3607578reg.jpg
pTRU1-3607588reg.jpg

To anyone interested, Target has Viva Piñata: Party Animals for $49.99 ($10 off) this week and APF2K8 on clearance 50% off for $14.50.

Now, where are all the damn PS3 deals??!!

RBH

APF 2K8's price keeps on dropping like a rock. :lol

I keep telling myself that I'll wait for APF 2K9 since 2K8 is so light on content, but damn, I keep on getting more and more tempted by 2K8 with it's price dropping almost monthly.

Dartastic

Well, I printed out that copy of the reciept for VF5 at CC. Hopefully BB will take a look at that and honor it, because I've got a gift card for that place. Also, hopefully they'll get in COD4 tomorrow as well, because I want the 10% off it.

Went to BK before work today and the lady looked at me all crazy when I asked her about the cupon... guess I'll try a different one tomorrow. On top of that I didn't see the game at work, but PFT are a bunch of lazy fucks so we might have it in the back somewhere...

Attack You said:
Tied up in the $100 price drop, 5 free blu-ray movies (ugh), and...er, hm.
Boo-urns. Doesn't help most of us current owners who had to buy them the good old fashioned way. I want software discounts.

gkrykewy said:
Also from CAG, Toys R Us (in store only) will give you a $25 gift card (!) if you buy Mario Galaxy there during its launch week.

I was buying the game anyway, but now I know where Im going to be getting it from. Great deal.

·feist· said:
To anyone interested, Target has Viva Piñata: Party Animals for $49.99 ($10 off) this week and APF2K8 on clearance 50% off for $14.50.

Ouch. Amazon has APF 2K8 for $19.99 but this is the first time I've seen $14.50. Well, if you like football games pick it up . . . you'll get $14.50 worth of entertainment out of it.

Oh . . . $49.99 is MSRP for Party Animals.

Draft

·feist· said:
I just picked up my copy of Virtua Fighter 5 360 for $29.99...

from Best Buy.

Not trickery, arguments, begging, flirting or slights of hand needed. I just asked. And no, I don't have any "connections" or "hook-ups" there.

First stop was my local Circuit City and they were sold out. Then I went off to 2 different GameStops and was told that they would not and do not ever pricematch. I rarely ever shop there and was under the impression that they would. Next stop was the BB next door and a nice $30 off VF5 at the register. I did not make any other purchases from them or perform any magic tricks to make it happen. On the way out I decided to go back to GS and buy the Hori stick for $60 just in case. I don't plan on openning it just yet since I'm looking to get the same exact stick for ~$40-50 new in the next week or two. If that doesn't pan out, I'll still have the $60 GS purchase to fall back on.

I don't know what to say to you guys who want to get the PS3 version of COD3&4 aside from what I already suggested. You haven't even tried yet and are already accepting defeat. If I can walk out of BB for an item that is advertised for $40 at a competitor and get an additional $10 off on top of that I don't see why others can't get similar deals.

If anyone doesn't believe me I'll post a pic of the receipt.

Also, Best Buy has a separate 10% promotional coupon of their own.

gl_hdr_bbylogo.gif

It reads:

"Exclusive Sales Event. November 2-5, 2007

10% OFF
all regulary priced music, movies,
toys, video games and PC games
(Any combination, limit 3.)

Markdowns taken from regular prices. Excludes new release DVDs and Video game Hardware."

I wouldv'e asked for them to take another 10% off VF5, but I decided to leave it at the $30 I paid and be on my way. I don't have a scanner, but I was given a copy of the BB sticker that I can post a pic of if anyone needs it for clarification or as a visual aid for any uninformed employees.

Happy Hunting.
Did they not ask you to produce a flyer or something that proves Circuit City is selling it for $29.99? Or you just told them that they were?

My Best Buy always asks :|

speculawyer said:
Oh . . . $49.99 is MSRP for Party Animals.
That's funny. GS had it listed for $59.99. :lol I'll remove it then.
Either way, MS hasn't learned. This game should be $39.99. The difference of $10 is going to be another factor in some games bombing this gen when they could have at least stayed somewhat afloat otherwise.

Draft said:
Did they not ask you to produce a flyer or something that proves Circuit City is selling it for $29.99? Or you just told them that they were?

My Best Buy always asks :|
I had the physical ad from CC and also showed them the BK $10 coupon jpeg from my PSP screen since my printer is down. YMMV, but the majority of BBs will at least give it to you for $39.99.

Zoe

Zaraki_Kenpachi said:
""Only original coupon will be accepted""

:( Is there another way to get it to work? Neither burger king by me has any coupons.

CAGers reguarly get printed coupons to work. I've never been brave enough to try it though.

RBH said:
I keep telling myself that I'll wait for APF 2K9 since 2K8 is so light on content, but damn, I keep on getting more and more tempted by 2K8 with it's price dropping almost monthly.
At $14.50, How can you not buy it? If you liked NFL 2K5, you'll like APF 2K8. Yes, it is missing a franchise mode. But it is worth getting to create some fantasy teams and take them through some seasons (and online).

Zaraki_Kenpachi said:
""Only original coupon will be accepted""

:( Is there another way to get it to work? Neither burger king by me has any coupons.

Yes . . . this works:

speculawyer said:
If you go here, you can sign up and get a free 48 hours of xbox Live Gold. These are great when you have guests that you don't want to screw up things on your xbox live account.

If you go to participating Burger King locations, they are giving out a coupon for $10 gift card when buying any xbox 360 game or accessory costing $39.99 or more at Circuit City. The coupons are valid through 11/30/07, so you can use them to get a $10 gift card when buying some of the big recent and upcoming xbox 360 titles such as Mass Effect, Bioshock, Call of Duty 4, NBA 2K8, Army of Two, College Hoops 2K, Assassin's Creed, The Simpsons, Orange Box, Tomb Raider: Anniversary, Halo 3, Skate, Tony Hawk, (well . . . those that make it into stores before 11/30/07 as all of those are scheduled to). I think I'll end up using those $10 gift cards when going in for the next 360 title with a coupon. :lol
BTW, Holy fucking crap are there a lot of great games coming out!

I also got this link for the above $10 gift card deal in my email and I think you can just click on it and print out your own coupon. It makes you download some coupon program though . . . a piece of adware I assume but you can remove it after printing your coupon.

Thanks King!

Edit: corrected that it is a $10 gift card, not $10 off. (To me they tend to be equivalent since I spend so much at electronics stores.) Thanks for correcting me, handofg0d and sk3tch! :D

For the people having problems getting the coupon to work, just tell them that you have a coupon that gives you a $10 gift card, but you want to use the $10 on your current transaction. Tell them that you don't want to deal with the hassle of returning and repurchasing the game to get the $10 off. be honest and the cashiers should be able to just give $10 off.

SlaughterX said:
Went to BK before work today and the lady looked at me all crazy when I asked her about the cupon... guess I'll try a different one tomorrow. On top of that I didn't see the game at work, but PFT are a bunch of lazy fucks so we might have it in the back somewhere...

The coupons came out a while ago and were tear-off coupons on a little cardboard standee. They are probably long-gone. Use the print technique in my other message.

~Kinggi~

Banned
Masta_Killah said:
For the people having problems getting the coupon to work, just tell them that you have a coupon that gives you a $10 gift card, but you want to use the $10 on your current transaction. Tell them that you don't want to deal with the hassle of returning and repurchasing the game to get the $10 off. be honest and the cashiers should be able to just give $10 off.
Yeah i had to do the return and repurchase thing. Hopefully that all went through ok. I better not be double charged.

Masta_Killah said:

Well, technically, they lose more money that way. If they are nice, they'll do it, but there is no reason they should do that.

"Yes . . . this works:"

I don't like installing programs I've never heard of to print a coupon...

Edit: nevermind it's supported by the bbb. I'll just print it out at work then I guess.

Goddammit I already preordered Galaxy at Gamestop(though it's already paid off due to trade-ins along with Brawl so eh)

Fantastic deals though(VF5, CoD4, etc).

·feist· said:

The ad page in question. They even have Viva Pinata listed as $59.99 as well.

Has anyone picked up CoD4 from CC yet? I know people have been getting it from Gamestop today, but I want that free CoD3. And I want it today LOL.

radjago

·feist· said:
Correct. I didn't even notice it in the CC flyer. Added those two up top.

pTRU1-3607578reg.jpg
pTRU1-3607588reg.jpg

Target clearance prices and availability vary by store.

Isn't that usually the case with clearance?

gregor7777 said:
Has anyone picked up CoD4 from CC yet? I know people have been getting it from Gamestop today, but I want that free CoD3. And I want it today LOL.
I'm tempted to go to BB to get in on the last day of their 10% off deal and looking to get the COD3 free "pricematch".

My Cincinnati Game Crazy has CoD4 in-stock for 360 only. I'll be picking mine up tonight. Most of the first shipment is probably reserved for preorders, that's how it goes at this store.

I thought about doing the CC thing but it's all paid for in trade, CC is a pain in the butt for me to get to, and I called and they don't have it yet.

Hammer

gregor7777 said:

I went to circuit city on my lunch hour, and the manager informed me that they wouldn't honor the deal before 2pm on November 6th. Cod4 wasn't even on shelves yet.

The ad actually has COD 4 and Fire Emblem as "in store Tuesday, 2pm." Lego Star Wars (Wii, PS3 and 360) is just "in store Tuesday."

Mario & Sonic Olympics and VP: Party Animals state "in store Wednesday, 2pm." Whereas, Sims 2 Teen Style is just "in store Wednesday."

Try getting a PS3 deal at CC & BB especially after the 360 versions sell out.

Ryu1999 said:
None of the Circuit Cities nor Best Buys (for pricematch) in my area are carrying VF5, its kind of ridiculous
What's it like living in a fascist state?

Hammer

·feist· said:
The ad actually has COD 4 and Fire Emblem as "in store Tusday, 2pm." Lego Star Wars (Wii, PS3 and 360) is just "in store Tusday."

Mario & Sonic Olympics and VP: Party Animals state "in store Wednesday, 2pm." Whereas, Sims 2 Teen Style is just "in store Wednesday."

Not the online ad, which I happened to print out and take with me. I didn't see the in store ad until I arrived. I did receive an apology however, and an explanation of the online portion of the store listing ship dates as release dates.

TommyT

Ok, so I went to check this out and I ran into a few problems/surprises:

-Went to get the coupon I just walked in the BKing and took about 10 off the little sticky thingymabobber, no problems there.

-Drove across town to CC and this is where things got hairy ( oh, and best buy had VF5 for 59.99 -_- ):

No VF5. The sales girl said they didn't get any in last week or this week. Apparently they also only get one shipment of games in within a given week as explained by the following.

No CoD4. Again the sales girl knew the release dates for the game without me having to explain, and she also knew that they were going to have the get CoD3 for free deal. She checked the 'warehouse' and said they didn't get in any copies today ( Monday ) and to check back next week.

-Fine fine, so I figured I would get Lost Planet for 29.99 and a play and charge kit so I don't have to bum my roomies batteries anymore. I also noticed the coupon's wording in that you could buy any game or accessory ( not a combination of two items ) and try my luck thinking I would get a newbie or cool sales rep to hook me up. I got a bit of both and she worked on the coupon. Problems arose!

Seems that when she scanned in the two items it was $54.xx then scanned the coupon it brought my total up to $400+. It was attempting to sell me two $169.xx items called "Xbox" on the screen. Well this was no bueno. She also mentioned that my Lost Planet game was now showing up as $19.99. Sweet deal right!? Turns out she couldn't fix the problems so I had to end up getting the game/accessory for $54.xx .

Top Bottom