• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

31 Days of Horror 5 |OT| The October Movie Marathon

killbaby_dvd.jpg

8. Kill Baby..... Kill! (1966)

This was some of the finest gothic horror that I've seen in a while. I'm not usually the type for ghost films, but this was pretty damn creepy. It's a Bava film, so of course it looks gorgeous. Definitely worth a watch, but I found the ending to be a little weak and rushed. 7/10.

kunonabi

Movie 7: The Omen
Netflix

I always though I didn't like the Omen but I must have been thinking about the second one or something because the original is excellent. So many chilling and comfortable scenes. I'm not sure how I felt about the governess though. I mean she made sense but it just seemed to take away from Damien a bit.

Must watch

Movie 8: Inferno
Hulu

After the travesty that was Dracula it's nice to go back to a good Argento film. The actual narrative is pretty much a write-off but the visuals are fantastic. Some really chilling concepts and moments and I really enjoyed it. I wouldn't quite it put up there with Suspiria, Opera, or Phenomena personally but I still really liked it. I really wish Deep Red or Tenebrae were streaming

Must watch

Jal

6. RL Stine's Mostly Ghostly:Meet My Ghoulfriend |

This was ok i guess but I'm not the target audience so aren't going to rate it, it was a lot better than the 20 mins or so of the movie i was watching on the Disney Channel (Girl vs Monster) which just looked like a promo for the latest Disney stars pop career.

na/10

7. Blood Diner |

I didn't finish this one, the acting seemed a bit crappy and i lost interest early on, have to come back to it.

na/10

UYZwuu7.jpg

A modern horror that doesn't rely on cgi, were off to a good start here. Honeymoon i thought was going to be supernatural but it was clear early on were the film was going which left the ending a bit flat. After getting over the accents of Rose"oop north, the basterd, jon snore" Leslie and Victor Frankenstein (Penny Dreadful) not to say they were bad, it just throws me off, i liked the slow building atmosphere, acting, setting, nothing to complain about other than the ending which i would have preferred to have been more shocking somehow or less obvious.

7/10

[Something i did notice also earlier though is accents fall apart when people start yelling, the kids from Fear The Walking Dead were doing it as well and to no surprise are English and Australian.]

I quite like the nah/10 rating. I guess I would give Devil since I was watching it and Netflix crashed. I wasn't into it and my review would have been crap. Guess that is movie 13.5. I agree with Nostalgia Critic in that
the Hispanic guy being the devil
would have been a better twist.
No clue what to do for movie #15, so I guess I will just randomly choose something when I get home.

MattyH

Revisiting a classic tonight with poltergeist I've not watched it since I was a kid so I'm hoping its held up well

220px-Thebodysnatcher.jpg

9. The Body Snatcher (1945)

This was a fun and unsettling film. Karloff is one of the greats, and only he could've played such a vile character and make him entertaining. I'm really liking these old 30s-40s horror films as I go through my list.

7) It's Alive - Larry Cohen film about a newborn baby who kills. Fun little film with some decent set pieces. It was actually a bit better than I expected but pretty run of the mill for nowadays. I'm sure some parents to be in 1974 were shitting themselves in the hospital after seeing this one. 6/10

8) Eyes Without a Face - The father of a woman who's face has been disfigured in a car accident decides to use his medical expertise to give daughter a new face. He eyes a new girl in town to be the victim of his experimental surgery. Beautifully shot and acted but it takes the film a bit of time to really ramp up. Adored the ending but while a good film, I was expecting a bit more from it. 6/10

9) The Cabinet of Dr. Caligari - Easily up there as one of my favorite silent films. It's actually been years since I last watched this one. The fun and haunting story, german expressionism, amazing text screens, great editing and an sinister villain. What's there not to love? I've always been amazed that a film like this was released pretty early into the life of motion pictures. The remastered print looks gorgeous too! 8/10

10) Killer Klowns From Outer Space - This film is hilarious. Packed to the brim with 80s cheese and a menace that needs to be stopped! The clowns are great and there are actually some decent kills for a film that's pretty much aimed for children/teens. I would've loved this one as a kid and it's pretty unfortunate that this was my first time watching. 7/10

John Dunbar

correct about everything
11. The Witches of Eastwick (1987): Jack Nicholson alone makes this worth seeing. He is one charming bastard, and the scene where he is on the bed trying to seduce Cher is a masterpiece of comedy. The weird devil fetus was also something, and the vomiting scene was pretty effective horrorwise because there was not much in here that counts as proper horror and as such it was a bit of a surprise. Overall, though, this movie outstayed its welcome and started to drag whenever Nicholson was not on the screen. Pretty good, but could have been excellent.

5. The Strange Color of Your Body's Tears. Was not a big fan of this one. It's a supreme exercise in style over substance, as it's thoroughly disinterested with providing compelling characters or a coherent plot, and instead chooses to create textural vignettes through sight and sound. And while many of those sights and sounds are immaculate, and are edited together in an intriguing style that frequently disregards continuity or temporality, they don't amount to anything because there is nothing to tie them together besides the dead eyed stares of its flat cast. I do give it kudos for its impressive ability to conjure almost physical sensations using the other senses when it's not overindulging, but it amounts to nothing because the film didn't engage me at all emotionally or even intellectually beyond trying to figure out what the hell was going on--a task that increasingly seemed pointless, as the answers I gleaned seemed to suggest that the film was drawing a problematic conclusion about women's sexuality inspiring violent acts. Maybe watch a trailer or some clips online if you're interested, chances are you will get more from doing that than siting down and watching the whole thing.

DeathoftheEndless

Crashing this plane... with no survivors!
The Texas Chainsaw Massacre is technically well-made and does what it sets out to do, but man, it is not enjoyable to watch. I'll be just fine never seeing it again.

Divius

5. The Strange Color of Your Body's Tears.
Watching Amer came at a perfect time as I had just watched a bunch of Giallo movies so the exaggerated stylistic imagery really worked for me, but I saw The Strange Color of Your Body's Tears out of the blue and it didn't really do it for me either.

Ridley327

Watching Amer came at a perfect time as I had just watched a bunch of Giallo movies so the exaggerated stylistic imagery really worked for me, but I saw The Strange Color of Your Body's Tears out of the blue and it didn't really do it for me either.

I felt like Amer was enhanced by having an actual structure to it, as well as being clever about staging each third of the film as kind of its own short film in terms of mood and style. The Strange Color of Your Body's Tears felt way too unfocused in comparison, despite some cool scenes, like the nightmare sequence with the one guy who keeps running into himself over and over again.

8 – Stitches

“Everybody happy?”

0en1LPO.png

This killer clown slasher flick is probably the best film I’ve seen so far this month. It’s definitely the bloodiest. The story revolves around a clown called Stitches Grindle, who ends up dying/being killed (depending on how you look at it) at a child’s tenth birthday party. Six years later he is resurrected to take his revenge against the children who were there, now teenagers attending another party in the very same house.

Leaving aside the wonderful, inventive and copious gore, whether you’ll like this film depends largely on how much you like ridiculous, dark, anarchic, surreal physical comedy. Personally, I can’t get enough of it, and found Stitches bloody hilarious. Ross Noble is perfect in the title role, and the kids he’s trying to kill all put in great performances too. I was grinning from start to finish.

Verdict: Very funny, very bloody and worth watching for the throwaway My Face gag alone. Brilliant.

Scully

Neo Member
#7. Honeymoon (2014)

Honeymoon gone bad. The beginning of the movie was somewhat promising but I started losing interest pretty quickly after things started going south. I found the body horror aspects of the film a bit disappointing and the ending was underwhelming. The film was Leigh Janiak's directorial debut and I'm curious to see where her career goes. (Apparently she is directing the remake of the 90s teen witchcraft film The Craft.)

5/10

#8. Texas Killing Fields (2011)

The film was bleak and utterly uninspired. I was surprised when I found out that the movie was directed by Michael Mann's daughter, Ami Canaan Mann.

3/10

15. The Loved Ones (2009)
o_O

Wow! This film is messed up. If you like movies about psychotic people, then go see this. I found this hard to sit through. Really well done though. The last half was sweet revenge. So that is why I have to give it a 3/5.

It is free on Paramount's new streaming YouTube channel.

ThatManTy

Neo Member
Hey everyone. Hope yall are having a good Halloween horror month. Long time horror fan here, glad to find this thread. 31 days of horror is something I usually try out anyways (but rarely accomplish).

I've seen Creep recently, so I guess that's #1. Went in thinking it would be more like Baghead, but it does have a good horror climax. Mark Duplass was a nice blend of uncomfotably friendly, and creepy. I liked how more info was revealed throughout the movie, so the ending could have been just a bit more subtle. 7/10

#2 was a rainy weekend on the east coast, I curled up and threw on Curse of Chucky. Thought it was the best since the original. The atmosphere is on point. Chucky himself reverts back to his original self. Much more sinister with his one liners, instead of straight comedian. I like that it's a sequel, and that it isn't afraid to own even the worst of the franchise. I didn't really dig the backstory, but loved how it linked this film with the 1st. 7.5/10

#3 was Demons. Frantic demon/zombie flick, from Italian Director Lamberto Bava. Love these fun, gory types. The plot is simple, and straight to the point. A group of people receive tickets to a movie premier, and end up being attacked by demons when a girl gets scratched by a mysterious mask, hanging in the lobby. This movie is so 80's, from the wardrobe, to the heavy metal blasting. I also saw it as an attempt by an Italian director to bring their type of film making into the crazy 80's. One of my fav parts is seeing the old school giallo stabby stabby sequence, playing on the projector, while, in the new age, demons are ripping throats with fingernails, etc. The ending is subversive in its own way. 8.5/10

#4 Evil Dead 2. Was just in a mood after Demons, so I threw my blu ray of this on. One of my top 10 horror films. Every time that deer head laughs, gets me. 10/10

#5 Hollows Grove. Not a bad found footage movie. Usual annoying characters, though. Pretty typical, it'll prob remind people of Grave Encounters right up front. But this is more subtle, making good use of sound. I recommend watching it with a pair of headphones on, and the lights turned off. Don't get me wrong, the movie can be physical. too bt it doesn't try to be more than it is. Also comes with a short run time, so it's good to throw on and just watch if you don't have anything goin on. 6/10

I've never seen Grizzly before, so I might watch that later tonight.

Persona7

Banned
I re-watched The Blair Witch Project. I still like it but there is one line in the movie that makes me cringe every single time.

shooting doc

Is VHS really gory and gross? I watched a part of it years ago and it was disturbing and I decided not to watch the entire movie.

4) Alone With Her

This is a movie done in the style of like Paranormal Activity where there are cameras placed throughout the house so it can be viewed from multiple angles. There's also another camera from the stalker who set up the cameras. It's essentially a movie about a stalker watching and interacting with the person they're stalking. I've watched a lot of horror movies, and I can't think of one where I felt this uncomfortable watching. It's disturbing that you're pretty much viewing the world through the eyes of a stalker. It almost felt a bit too real.

Ridley327

October 8

For being an early 70s low budget horror film, Deathdream doesn't feel all that dated, thanks to its central concept of a family torn apart by one of their own going overseas in armed conflict and the inherent terror of what would happen if they never came back. The scene in which the bad news is delivered is one of the best handled ones I've seen of its kind, with each of the surviving family members taking the news their own way, with the actors doing rather uncommonly good jobs in selling the tragedy and how they're each coping with it. Of course, there wouldn't be much of a film if things stopped after the first 10 minutes, which continues on as the news of this soldier's death had been somewhat exaggerated, as he returns home seemingly intact. Andy isn't feeling quite himself, which becomes more and more apparent as his detachment from the rest of humanity goes from the emotional to physical, as violence seems to be all he's capable of. The film doesn't quite exactly try to hide that there's a more supernatural explanation to why Andy has changed, but it does a good job of raising up some talking points with regards to the Vietnam War experience for the soldiers that fought in it: the clash against the Greatest Generation, the near-automatic response to sneak attacks of even the most innocent kind, and even hard drug use. Not all of it is explored at the same depth as the central storyline with what Andy's family is doing as they begin to realize that their son and brother never really came home at all, but it's nice to see a film talk about them all the same. The story itself does get a bit muddled towards the end, as Andy's ultimate motivation seems at odds with the steps he takes to get there, and while Bob Clark should be commended for shooting to much of the film at night, the low budget doesn't do a lot of favors with that footage coming off as being way too dark and indecipherable on a fairly frequent basis. Still, it is nice to see a socially conscious horror film that's on the ball as aggressively as this one is, and with the fine acting on display and an unwillingness to schlock it up to make it more easily digestible, though it doesn't skimp on the gruesome makeup effects, courtesy of a pre-fame Tom Savini. Deathdream is the kind of film that punches above its weight, and while it doesn't escape without taking a few lumps, it does come out as a decisive winner by the end.

Film for October 9: With his recent passing, I couldn't bring myself to not throw in a Wes Craven film into the mix this year. As fate would have it, one of his most famous and celebrated works, The Hills Have Eyes, has gone unseen by me until now. It's a shame to say better late than never in this context, but for as decidedly mixed I have been on his output, he's never not interesting, and I've no doubt that this film will be any different.

inm8num2

#8 - The Faculty
zZ8cGcf.jpg

Enjoyable, campy sci-fi horror that works well as a genre tribute and a decent movie in its own right, thanks to Robert Rodriguez' direction. The Faculty doesn't take itself too seriously and is better for that. The visual effects are obviously dated, but in a way they add to the B-movie charm.

viewing list

#10 - Stephen King's IT [1990]
LQnuz12.jpg

"Hi, Georgie! Aren't cha gonna say... *hello*?" Its been a while since I've seen this movie but man is it long and on top of that it still doesn't have an HD remaster which is a shame. This TV adaptation of Stephen King's IT book is about a series of disturbing child killings which happen every 30 years in the town of Derry, Maine. Seven kids join up to combat the evil being that presents himself as the clown Pennywise who is responsible for the slayings. After believing to have accomplished their task the kids go their separate ways only to have to come back as adults 30 years later to finish the task.

The movie still feels like it manages to flesh out the younger version of the characters alot better then their older counterparts. The younger parts portray friendship, fearlessness, and the spirit of exploration greatly and their part in the movie is much more enjoyable then their older versions. My only complaints are the story archs with the bullies got old quick. The movie manages to capture the feeling and story of the book really good and Tim Curry is amazing as the clown Pennywise launching him into one of the most iconic horror monsters. A must watch for any fan of the horror genre. 9/10

inm8num2

I've been thinking... there have been threads for voting on GAF's favorite superhero movies, favorite action movies, and greatest films of all time. How about voting on horror movies? I might go ahead and start the thread next week. Would be really cool to see how GAF ranks the best of the genre.

Thread is up - join the fun and vote for your favorite horror movies.

Endy MacK

Movie #3: A Girl Walks Home Alone at night. Netflix

It's beautifully shot. I loved the two main characters. I would like to have seen them develop a little further. I feel like I do want to watch this again in the future.

Movie #4: Troll Hunter
Netflix

This movie was entertaining. I was a bit put off by how hard they were pushing the whole "this footage is authentic" angle, though.
Especially at the end when they show that prime minister press conference, and they put up the blurb about sending any info you know of regarding the missing people.

I thought it had a lot of charm, though. It was fun to learn about the different troll types. I find myself wondering how cool it might have been if it wasn't a found footage movie.

Also, can someone tell me
what the hell the slow moving orb was that hans shot at the end?

7. The Evil Dead (1981) "Join us!"

Background: About 20 years ago, there was this CGI show called Reboot where people who live inside your computer play games against the User to avoid being nullified. One such game featured a guy who could only say "Groovy!" blasting zombies with a shotgun, who was ultimately defeated by demonic forces underneath a cellar door. I later heard of Ash, the badass with a chainsaw for a hand and also armed with a boomstick from S-Mart.

None of that is here (well, there is a shotgun). I guess I should be watching The Evil Dead 2 or Army of Darkness. Instead, we have a cabin slasher meets The Exorcist. The makeup is awesome here, as is all the gore. Also, like The Babadook, it plays off the "horror you can't see" trope. The highlights are the infamous tree rape scene, as well as
the poltergeist messing around in the cellar and the stop-motion decomposition
. It's not a bad movie by any means, just disappointing.

Full list

9. Extinction (2015)
[Or, Winter has come]
oiOkBiTl.jpg

I came across this on accident. I liked the actors involved and I think I was rewarded in kind by their performance. It is a very simple story, but as a father it's one close to my heart. Raising a kid is tough and the feelings of loss and protectiveness displayed in this movie were dead on. The movie bills it's self as a zombie film, but it's really the story of two fathers.

I think it deserves 4 extended trips to the gas station for scratchers out of 5.

10. The Shining (1980)
[Or, The day Jack Nickolson's career peaked.]
nTecEqE.png

Now I get all the references I've seen over the years. This was pretty much a shot for shot remake of the simpson's tree house of horrors. The script is better, the acting is incredible, and the people look believably ugly. The book, which I had read about half of, depends on a lot of internal dialogue from the main character. That is not carried over into the movie. Instead it kind of makes him look like a mad man from very early on. From his point of view it's perfectly understandable. I am sad the movie didn't share the same ending as it's source material, but I don't think they had portable TVs that size when it was filmed in the 80s.

I give it 5 elevators full of Koolaid out of 5.

Laieon

I'll be honest, I'm probably not going to watch the "required" stuff, but I'll try to watch 31 movies anyway.

So far I've watched:

1. The Visit - I really, really enjoyed this. Thought it was a lot of fun, and the reveal was so simple that I'm surprised I didn't see it coming, I was completely expecting something over the top. Shyamalan definitely surprised me with this one.
2. Insidious 3 - I think I saw the first Insidious awhile back, but I don't remember too much about it. Some friends wanted to watch this. I thought it was pretty good, but not necessarily anything special. I did like that it was a prequel since I don't remember much from the first and I don't think I've ever seen the 2nd.
3. The Women in Black - I thought this was okay. Definitely nothing special, I don't think I'll be rewatching it anytime soon. Not too memorable, but I don't regret watching it. The first 2/3 of the movie was pretty good, but it fell apart at the end.
4. Poltergeist (2015) - I've never seen the original. I didn't think this was anything special. It was incredibly forgettable, nothing special at all.
5. You're Next - This was a good twist on the slasher genre. Nice "who dunnit" movie. Reminded me of the "Last House on the Left" in how it pretty much just turns into a revenge flick.
6. Detention - I have no clue if I liked this or not. I don't even know how to describe it. It's like Scream mixed with Back to the Future and The Breakfast Club. It's just really over the top, wacky, and weird.
7. Sitches - Eh, nothing special. Decent slasher movie. Pretty forgettable overall.
8. Cooties - Really enjoyed this, but I felt like the end was a bit weak. I thought it had a great cast. Made me laugh.
9. Friday the 13th - My all time favorite movie series, the first definitely isn't my favorite in the series, but it's still a great watch. I'm sure I'll see this about 999 other times before I die.
10. The Final Girls - Probably the best "new" movie I've seen this month, I thought this was a ton of fun. It was funny, smart, and had me smiling almost the whole time I was watching. I hope there's a sequel.
11. Texas Chainsaw Massacre (2003) - I know most people dislike this, but I've always thought it was pretty fun. It's a pretty generic slasher, but I never get bored while watching it.
12. Army of Darkness - Some good laughs, nice set pieces, and just a nice experience overall. Probably my favorite of the original Evil Deads (2013 is my favorite overall though).
13. Tales of Halloween - A nice anthology movie. 10 stories. I think it would've better if they cut it down to 6 or 7, because some were definitely weak. The strongest ones were great though, and I would've liked to see them expanded a bit.
14. Unfriended - I thought it was interesting how everything was shown through a computer screen, but other then that this wasn't that great.
15. Friday the 13th: Part VI: This was the first Friday the 13th movie I ever saw. Still easily one of the most enjoyable. First in the series where Jason is truly "undead" and has an actual nemesis, some great kills, pretty funny, and fully embraces its campiness.
16. Gremlins
17. Freddy VS Jason
18. We Are Still Here
19. Scooby Doo On Zombie Island
20. Hostel 1
21. Hostel 2
22. Halloween (2007)
23. Jennifer's Body
24. The Green Inferno
25. House of 1000 Corpses
26. The Devil's Rejects
27. House of the Devil
28. The Babadook
29. Berberian Sound Studio
30. Would You Rather
31. Annabelle

I'll update this with my thoughts later.

Haven't watched, but have them on my list:

A Tale of Two Sisters
Evil Dead (2013)
Trick 'r Treat
Friday the 13th Part II (My all time favorite movie!)

Yeah, I think you can take a night off from watching, heh.

I'm 2 movies behind on my reviews and I feel awful about it.

I'm 7 movies behind on my reviews, but I'll probably post some later. My school closed down until Wednesday because some idiot posted some threats in the bathroom, I should be able to get some work done on catching up.

tav7623

8. Wyrmwood: Road of the Dead (watched on 10/8/15) - I originally wasn't planning on watching this movie for the 31 days of Halloween marathon, but I found the first 30 mins of the movie I was originally planning to watch (The Babadook) to be too annoying/painful to sit through (there are a lot of moments early on involving a screeching kid) so I decided to rewatch this low budget Australian zombie movie which I for the most part enjoyed as it imo added a few interesting twist to zombies.

#8 - The Faculty
zZ8cGcf.jpg

Enjoyable, campy sci-fi horror that works well as a genre tribute and a decent movie in its own right, thanks to Robert Rodriguez' direction. The Faculty doesn't take itself too seriously and is better for that. The visual effects are obviously dated, but in a way they add to the B-movie charm.

viewing list
Man the Faculty is definitely a lot of fun.

Linkhero1

31 Days of Horror
Pre-31 Days of Horror 1 - Behind the Mask
Pre-31 Days of Horror 2 - Unfriended
Day 1 - The Hills Have Eyes (2006)
Day 2 - The Thing (1982)
Day 3 - The Cabinet of Dr. Calagari
Day 3 Double Feature - Dead Silence
Day 4 - Black Death
Day 5 - Maniac Cop
Day 6 - The Omen (1976)
Day 7 - Creep (2014)
Day 8 - The Taking of Deborah Logan

The Taking of Deborah Logan
This was a pretty neat found footage style horror movie. Generally, found footage films don't explain how the film is found, but in The Taking of Deborah Logan they make it obvious -- I liked that. Special effects were simple but great. The movie wasn't really scary or creepy due to how predictable the scares were. Still, the story was interesting enough to keep my attention and the characters weren't as annoying as I initially suspected them to be. If you're feeling like you're not sure what to watch next, definitely check this film out.

Rating: Watch

#6 The Taking of Deborah Logan (2014)
Taking the faux documentary approach, this was actually rather well done, with some scary sequences, and decent performances. The ending felt a bit like a cop out, but at the same time it fit the genre.

7DxXq4z.jpg

hs0gvsf.png

This wasn't as good as I thought it was going to be, pretty fun though. David Copperfield was amazing. None of the characters were likable so it was kind of just a wait for them to be picked off.
The killer had this thing with spinning around when they were stressed (??)
which was pretty entertaining.

OP

Divius

Falling behind more and more, got a busy weekend coming up as well. I knew this would happen!

I did see Nightmare on Elm Street (still awesome) a few days ago, but I am not counting it because I've seen it before!

lordxar

Deep in the Darkness has a good story. Predictable movie but I liked this a lot. Its Wicker Man with cave trolls. I give it five club crushed craniums.

FloatOn

Finally watched cabin in the woods

Great movie besides the ending

Does anyone have any recommendations for movies similar to trick r treat

trick r treat is pretty special in that it's an homage to everything halloween. there are plenty of anthology style horror movies where there are multiple mini stories within the one movie.

If that's what you are looking for watch the ABCs of Death 1 + 2. And then there is thw twilight zone movie and tales from the darkside the movie.

edit - oh also there is trilogy of terrror for this motherfucker

trilogy-of-terror.jpg

16. Scream (1996)
I found this movie a bit boring honestly. Sidney is dull for a main character. It is a nice homage to Halloween though. I quite like Gale and Dewey as well. It is well done, so I will give it a 3/5 but it is a low one.

PS:
I suggest ABC of Death 2, V/H/S 1+2, Creepshow 1+2, Tales from the Darkside, and Twilight Zone for anthology movies.

Blader

The Abominable Dr. Phibes
A very stylish, lavish cousin to the Corman/Price Poe films. The plot is interesting but also completely nonsensical (I hesitate to use the "turn off your brain" cliche, but really, nothing about Phibes himself makes any sense). Vincent Price plays a man whose wife died on the operating table some years back. As revenge, Dr. Phibes now swears to kill the doctors and nurses involved in that operation, with their deaths all modeled after the ten plagues of Egypt from the Old Testament. Also, Phibes was horribly burned in a car accident and for some reason how speaks through a speaker plugged into his throat.

The set-up lends itself to some creative, and occasionally gruesome, kills, and the sets and art direction are really wonderfully designed -- lots of wild, clashing colors. The police characters are entertaining despite being extremely inept. Like I said the story doesn't make a whole lot of sense, but it's pretty entertaining if just taken at face value. Probably not among my favorite of Price's performances, since his voice is effectively taken out of the equation and his face is caked under tons of makeup, but as a movie I'd say it's one of his stronger entries.

Top Bottom