• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

343 is revisiting Halo: The Master Chief Collection - at last!

i feel like the issues with tmcc go beyond 343. It would have been hard for any company to deliver. Now if you didnt like halo 5 then that's a different story. For me however I think halo 5 is a reason for optimism in 343. Im excited for tmcc getting fixed and look forward to play some old school halo.
Hated Halo 5. I do like the new main menu redesign for TMCC. Very fitting we have a Halo in the menu for a Halo game. I will look forward to playing it too, hopefullly it will get me back into halo 3.

Artistic

Is the new look menu a part of the MCC update? It says I'm in, but haven't really noticed too many differences as far as matchmaking.

Population might be low, but still able to find matches fairly smoothly. Have seen a crash or two though.

Fox Mulder

i feel like the issues with tmcc go beyond 343. It would have been hard for any company to deliver. Now if you didnt like halo 5 then that's a different story. For me however I think halo 5 is a reason for optimism in 343. Im excited for tmcc getting fixed and look forward to play some old school halo.

I hated Halo 4 and Halo 5 was a big no for me just because they took out local co-op. MCC being broken sucked and should have never happened to such a franchise, but enough time has passed that I'll enjoy it if they actually fix it. I bought it digitally and havent touched it in years.

I hated Halo 4 and Halo 5 was a big no for me just because they took out local co-op. MCC being broken sucked and should have never happened to such a franchise, but enough time has passed that I'll enjoy it if they actually fix it. I bought it digitally and havent touched it in years.
And i get that that is a big "if" for a lot of people: will tmcc truly be fixed? I think most will refrain from having any expectations and wait until the fix is actually released to know whether to be excited or not. Which i can respect given how soured people are on halo right now. The good news for you and a lot of halo fans is that halo infinite will at least be bringing coop back to the series. A definitive release date would be nice too... 😬

Codes 208

Played a bit of multiplayer last night, good god i never felt so rusty at halo 2. For starters of course it puts me against a team with two 30+ rankers and my team doesnt have a single over 10.

Then i played halo 3. It actually wasnt bad, won a match of pitfall as the mvp (i had 22 kills versus the enemy's 20)

Then i played halo 4. Im guessing 4 and 2 have the highest pop because i found a game nearly instantly (3 took a minute) but it felt good playing 4 again.

Then i switched back to 5 and got frustrated at being placed in the middle of a losing match of btb on a ugly forge recreation of valhalla and then got off to play some fortnite.

Alec

Accepted into the MCC Insider Program a little bit ago but still haven't been in a flight. Waiting patiently.

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman
https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/...30/23d7641c-c98c-4117-9814-b2f339141558/posts

Welcome to MCC Insider Flight #3! (PHASE TWO)UPDATE 7/30/18
Beginning today, we're moving into PHASE TWO and access to the MCC Insider flight build is rolling out to ALL registered MCC Insiders! Everyone who is a confirmed, registered MCC Insider as of Monday, 7/30 at 12:00PM, will be included in this group.NOTE: MCC Insiders will NOT receive an initial email to confirm this build. Instead, go to the Xbox Insider App to opt-in and find the MCC Insider build. Once installed, you're up and running!
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
INSTALLING THE BUILD
In order to get this first build you'll need to access the Insider Hub, which is available from the Store on your Xbox One. Please note that access is linked to the Gamertag you used to sign up for MCC Insider Program.
Follow the steps below to get everything pre-installed for now:
  • On your Xbox One, head to the Store.
  • Search for and install the Xbox Insider Hub app.
  • Launch the Insider Hub app and select Insider Content from the left side menu.
  • Select the MCC Insider icon under Available content.
  • Within the MCC Insider Hub click Join to officially register for flight builds. The build should The registration process may take some time and you may receive a message asking you to check back a bit later.
  • If your build does not download automatically, you may need to select the Show in Store to initiate the install.
  • Check out this troubleshooting guide if you're having issues locating/installing the build
FEEDBACK
Your feedback is extra important this time around - we need our current group of active MCC Insider flight participants to help us dig into the build this week so the team can identify and address any issues that may arise so we can open the program up to everyone.Please use the following official threads to share your MCC Insider Flight #3 Phase Two Feedback:
Additionally, if you encounter an issue during the game, we encourage you to use the "Report a Problem" functionality of the Xbox Insider Program. Hold down the Xbox jewel, select "Report a Problem" and follow the on-screen prompts.Remember to keep an eye on the in-game Message-the-Day ("MELD") as well as the Xbox Insider HUB for the latest flight info and known issues.WHAT'S IN THE FLIGHT?
This latest build will include ALL of MCC in its current, work-in-progress state. Work continues and there are sure to be issues that arise - both known and unknown - but we're excited to finally get the entire product out into the wild for Insiders to get hands-on.FOCUS AREAS
For this flight, we're asking our participants to please focus on the following:
  • Campaigns & Campaign Co-op
  • Custom Games
  • Forge
  • Theater
Feel free to play and spend time in any/all of these modes - none of which are dependent on matchmaking.We do have a few official play times scheduled to help get players into matchmaking. A limited number of playlists will be available and the offerings are subject to change depending on overall player engagement and population levels.Please join us online for the following official multiplayer matchmaking play sessions:"Official" recommend playtimes are now ongoing, every day!
  • 11AM - 2PM PDT
  • 7PM - 10PM PDT
And remember, you're free (and highly encouraged!) to play as much as you want across the entire MCC product offering any time you want outside of the official MP times above. Online player populations will vary greatly depending on day/time/region, so keep in mind your own experience may vary, particularly during off-peak times.CONFIDENTIALITY
Just like last time, we're easing the restrictions on this flight and participants are free to stream, post screens and videos, and discuss on social and on forums. However, just like last time, please note that all email communications and official surveys are STILL CONSIDERED CONFIDENTIAL.KNOWN ISSUES
This latest MCC build is huge - it's the entire game! - which means there's a lot more for players to dig into and a lot more for the team to monitor. Please see this TROUBLESHOOTING GUIDE for help with build installation issues or corrupted installations.As of today, 7/30, we are aware of the following key known issues:
  • Intelligent Delivery - We are aware of some issues where players may receive "corrupted chunks" of games when opting to install pieces via the new Intelligent Delivery feature. If you find that maps/modes are missing in custom game menus, languages change unexpectedly when navigating through menus, or are unable to launch customs or matchmaking period, you may have a corrupted installation. The first thing you should do is try to re-install the respective game component from the Intelligent Delivery menu. If you're unable to do this, or it doesn't solve the issue, you will need to remove/reinstall the entire MCC Insider build. The team is working on this issue now and will push an update as soon as a fix is in place.
  • Halo 3 ODST is NOT included in the MCC Insider Build (it will be back in the game by the time the retail update is released)
  • LAN - The new LAN functionality is available in this Insider build and we'd love to get your early feedback on this new feature! Please Note: For these flights, players will still NEED TO BE CONNECTED TO THE INTERNET IN ORDER TO PLAY LOCAL LAN GAMES. Any internet connection will NOT be required once the update arrives to retail MCC.
  • Halo: Combat Evolved Anniversary - Lighting Issues - We are aware of numerous lighting problems/irregularities present across the campaign
  • Halo 4 - Audio - We're aware of some missing audio for narrated sequences when an on-screen visual shows an actor should be talking
  • MELD - The MCC "MELD" (message of the day) is currently not working/accessible in this build (it'll be fixed in an upcoming update)

Humdinger

I wonder how much longer it will be, before they release this. I know it's mostly MP issues that are holding it up, but I'm interested in playing through the SP campaigns again, particularly the first. I haven't played that in 15 years or so.

Hopefully it will be out in the next couple of months.

Only interested in one thing before eventually getting it: why is Halo Reach still not included, also why not including Forward Unto Dawn and Halo Legends alongside Nightfall?

Apath

The other night I was unable to get into any matchmaking games, be it standard Team Slayer, Big Team Battle, Halo 3, Halo 2 Anniversary, etc. I'd be searching for 5+ minutes at a time before giving up.

Is this related to the "broken" multiplayer 343 was getting roasted over, and if so, will it be fixed with this release? I haven't tried playing multiplayer since that night where I couldn't join anything.

Nice inclusion of LAN mode. Also great to see 1X enhancement included in this release. Hdr settings are nice as well. Campaign is calling my name!

It's crazy how such a simple feature not only is missing but is actually actively blocked by Microsoft by default.

Great the MCC will be offline enabled, then.

Summer ends Sept 22nd. Lots of time to make that release promise.

As for the 3+ years it has taken, yea, I agree. But I gotta give them credit for fixing the mess that was made (although I pretty much only care about the campaigns, so I thoroughly enjoyed the MCC).

No man, 343i deserves to be blasted with criticism for every single thing they have done with this franchise. You want to give them credit for fixing a broken mess 3 years later. Why are they doing this? Because they need SOMETHING to fuel hype for Halo infinite and guess what that is? The work Bungie delivered to us which made Halo incredible all those years ago. 343i is a joke and should be embarassed at this point, they have not delivered one single product that I would consider AAA or even worthy of the Halo name.

Sorry I'm salty about Halo tbh, I used to adore this franchise and it's pure trash now thanks to this developer. They do not deserve any praise for anything until they prove themselves. I don't plan to purchase Halo Infinite and I definitely don't think it will be any better than any of their previous work.

No man, 343i deserves to be blasted with criticism for every single thing they have done with this franchise. You want to give them credit for fixing a broken mess 3 years later. Why are they doing this? Because they need SOMETHING to fuel hype for Halo infinite and guess what that is? The work Bungie delivered to us which made Halo incredible all those years ago. 343i is a joke and should be embarassed at this point, they have not delivered one single product that I would consider AAA or even worthy of the Halo name.

Sorry I'm salty about Halo tbh, I used to adore this franchise and it's pure trash now thanks to this developer. They do not deserve any praise for anything until they prove themselves. I don't plan to purchase Halo Infinite and I definitely don't think it will be any better than any of their previous work.
Nothing to be sorry about, but they have been blasted with criticism... for quite a while now. Regardless of their reasonsing behind it, would you prefer tmcc never to be fixed? Im disappointed halo infinite isnt coming out for at least another year or two but that doesnt mean i want the game to be scrapped. There are reasons to be unhappy with 343 and then there are grudges that are not worth holding onto at this point. As a halo fan i want to see the franchise succeed. Fixing tmcc will be a step in the right direction. Nailing halo infinite will be key. I really really hope the extra time 343 is taking with infinite will result in a quality halo game.

Hendrick's

If only my penis was as big as my GamerScore!
Never bought the game, but got into the insider program a few days ago. It's fun going back revisiting some of these games. Not sure which ones have received graphical enhancements, but they all look great on a 4k set.

Last edited:

Artistic

Is the Insider Build of MCC going to be the download I need or would I have to re-install the actual full MCC once the testing program is completed?

I'm actually playing Halo 2 campaign in couch CO-OP with a friend of mine and we had to play Regret thrice because it crashed in the last portion of the mission twice.
Is that a known issue?

Artistic

Getting my ass handed to me in the Halo 3 Team Hardcore playlist, but the gameplay is actually refreshing. Compared to Halo 5 Team Arena, feel like the movement and jumps just flow a lot better and natural.

Almost to the point where I might be Team Anti-Sprint.

Did 343 mention what will happen, for people who have already installed the Insider's build of TMCC, when it gets released on September 1st? Will we have to re-download everything from scratch?

I've been playing some TMCC lately and yeesh it's disheartening how much of a love affair people have for halo 3. You know it's bad when people are choosing Orbital and Ghost Town over other options. Anxiously awaiting for September 1st to get here. Right now I believe there is going to be a Halo CE 2v2 playlist, but they're gonna need to update that to 4v4 asap. The current slayer playlist includes Halo 3 when there is already a designated halo 3 playlist. Can't stand it when over 50% of the games are halo 3. Barf.

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
Comes into this thread hoping for announcement/update.....

walks-in-walks-out-gif-2.gif

Grinchy

Banned
I'm probably just going to grab a month of Gamepass to finally try this out, but I'm just curious - for someone who kinda only cares about reliving Halo 2 multiplayer, is that easy to do with this collection?

J-Roderton

I'm probably just going to grab a month of Gamepass to finally try this out, but I'm just curious - for someone who kinda only cares about reliving Halo 2 multiplayer, is that easy to do with this collection?

I'm in this boat as well. Waiting until it's live on gamepass. How does this game handle different control schemes? Matchmaking has all of the games going at once, yeah?

I've been playing some TMCC lately and yeesh it's disheartening how much of a love affair people have for halo 3. You know it's bad when people are choosing Orbital and Ghost Town over other options. Anxiously awaiting for September 1st to get here. Right now I believe there is going to be a Halo CE 2v2 playlist, but they're gonna need to update that to 4v4 asap. The current slayer playlist includes Halo 3 when there is already a designated halo 3 playlist. Can't stand it when over 50% of the games are halo 3. Barf.

Agreed. Halo 2 represented the pinnacle of MP map design for me (although I love playing through the Halo 3 campaign).

I just got the update for the Master Chief Collection.

FYI, this is the update for the general public.

Last edited:

Kagey K

Banned
73 gigs. Looks like a redownload of the entire game. Excited to check this out after work.

Time to get the achievement for playing through all 4 games in that one playlist.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.

Sorne

And yes, when it comes to future features, the team is definitely aware that many, many players are very eager to see Halo: Reach added – we don’t have anything to announce or commit to right now, but it’s on the long list of things the team is constantly evaluating and thinking about for possible future updates.

Holy shit

JORMBO

Darkness no more
Is the disc version pretty much useless at this point? Looks like Best Buy doesn’t have it in stock here. May go digital.

Kagey K

Banned
Is the disc version pretty much useless at this point? Looks like Best Buy doesn’t have it in stock here. May go digital.

There's going to be a pretty hefty download whether you use a disc or purchase it digitally, so that would be a personal choice for you. If you do decide digitally is the way you want to go, you might want to wait 3 hours or so, just to make sure it doesn't get discounted for this weeks Deals with Gold. Also keep in mind it's coming to gamepass on Friday.

There's going to be a pretty hefty download whether you use a disc or purchase it digitally, so that would be a personal choice for you. If you do decide digitally is the way you want to go, you might want to wait 3 hours or so, just to make sure it doesn't get discounted for this weeks Deals with Gold. Also keep in mind it's coming to gamepass on Friday.
I'm pretty sure they're implementing a feature that allows you to specifically choose which games (and which components of those games) you want installed or not.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

I'm pretty sure they're implementing a feature that allows you to specifically choose which games (and which components of those games) you want installed or not.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Yes, you can skip multiplayer, entire games, and choose in which order you want them to be downloaded.

I'm downloading right now.

The game becomes 'Ready to Start' after it passes a certain threshold in the download (5 or 6 percent, I think).

If you guys wanna cut down on that giant download size, start the game and try starting one of the campaigns. This will redirect you to a custom installation screen where you can choose which games to download. I deselected Halo 4, and that sliced off more than twenty gigs from the download.

JORMBO

Darkness no more

Great thanks. I'll grab it digitally after waiting a few hours to see if it gets discounted first.

Don't forget that you should be able to pick and choose which parts you download. I skipped the all the campaigns and Halo 4 when doing the Insider's program recently, so that I could get into the Slayer playlist as fast as possible. It consisted of halo 1-3 only. Depends on what you wanna play though. Can skip the campaigns that you don't enjoy or only download Halo 3 to get into the Halo 3 specific playlists.

EDIT: lol completely missed PerezDeCorcho's post. never mind.

Last edited:
Top Bottom