• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

343 warns against rushing through Halo 5 campaign; could miss narrative details

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
Didnt do a chargeback. Actually got a refund after the second rep. 24 hours later, my xbox live account was banned for "request for a refund, all sales final."

Great way to enstill confidence in your company.

That sounds really bad but it seems like you probably missed this and maybe there's a chance Stinkles might help you out:

If you would like me to look into this for you, send me your details via pm, but the message you quote is not something that is supposed to happen, nor in fact should it be possible.

Did you? Any updates on the situation?

Not NeoGAF. It's incessant whinging and pessimism. It's silly to expect anything different anymore. Sucks since I joined this forum originally for the Halo community.

Get over yourself. There are literally thousands of other similarly focused gaming forums you can join. You are adding nothing to the discussion itself by even posting the complaint on criticissims. If you wanna circle jerk on the prospects of what's going to happen in Halo 5, there are many places you can go: See. GAF isn't even in the first 3 pages of that search. So it's not like it was built on the foundation of Halo. It has a strong presence and plenty of people here have been playing Halo together for over 10 years. It get's plenty of love, but it's also shared plenty of criticisms. Get over yourself/it.

Not to backseat mod or anything, but why are people allowed to come into any Halo 5 thread and just ignore the actual topic and instead just shit all over 343?

I'd like to know this, too

Honestly I'm shocked (but pleased) that Foolishfellow hasn't dropped in to give his scathing-hot two cents.

Hugstable

Banned
This forum has been so disappointing to me recently. Literally the only reason I came to this forum was to avoid things like this that are going on in this thread and now it's a common occurrence across the entire damn forum. A shame.

Yup me too, really sucks that it's gotten so bad here. Thought we could escape the console wars...

Not to backseat mod or anything, but why are people allowed to come into any Halo 5 thread and just ignore the actual topic and instead just shit all over 343?

Kinda feel bad for those fans as they don't really have a place to discuss new news and stuff as fans. Any gaming side thread will end up like this, they no longer have a community, and talking about news in the MCC thread would be going off topic, therefore risk of lock

It's seems shitty to me.

Killer

Banned
I have posted here nonstop for about a decade. What you're saying is incorrect. And we dont have twitter marketing people, we have staff members however who are not used to death threats and threats to their family like I am. So again, please pm me your information and I will investtigate your quoted xbox live ban message since it sounds bizarre.

And if you thought our beta played like cod I am even more confused.

If he doesn't give you his GT and just bullshitting, he should be banned imo.

Why is this forum so pessimistic lately? It really seems like everyone takes and runs with the worst possible interpretation of every bit of information we're given on a game...

I guess people are tired of broken games, bullshit DLC, and other crap that's been going on recently within the industry. I try not to be cynical but I can see why some people are getting that way

Lothars

Not NeoGAF. It's incessant whinging and pessimism. It's silly to expect anything different anymore. Sucks since I joined this forum originally for the Halo community.
okay but 343 credibility is at a low point and I have trouble believing them after the master chief collection.

Hopefully halo 5 will be good but I'll believe it when I see it.
It would be very ignorant to try to claim that this series isn't at a low point in its credibility, quality, and image.

Halo 5 may be what the series needs to turn things around and improve how people feel about the series but we don't know yet.

This thread is about what reads like damage control. Anytime you tell people how they should or shouldn't play a game it feels like damage control.
Agreed which is the biggest issue with this whole thing.

zychi

Banned
I have posted here nonstop for about a decade. What you're saying is incorrect. And we dont have twitter marketing people, we have staff members however who are not used to death threats and threats to their family like I am. So again, please pm me your information and I will investtigate your quoted xbox live ban message since it sounds bizarre.

The threats are terrible and I sincerely hope nothing came of them. Its one thing to complain on a message board and chew out a broken game, its an entirely psychopathic thing to threaten another human being over a broken product.

i also did pm you

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
It would be very ignorant to try to claim that this series isn't at a low point in its credibility, quality, and image.

Halo 5 may be what the series needs to turn things around and improve how people feel about the series but we don't know yet.

This thread is about what reads like damage control. Anytime you tell people how they should or shouldn't play a game it feels like damage control.

Morgan responded to a question asking, "does story then have more place within the gameplay?"

She responded by explaining, in some detail that if for example Spartan Vale surges ahead while the other three stay behind, that she will have a different effect on triggers and elements of the story than if for example, Buck did, and that players should comsider that as an interesting narrative detail or replay strategy"

Now, go back and read the thread title and accusations of it beimg our own fault for "releasing" vague statements.

It's hard to provide rational responses to irrational or hostile assumptions.

Can I just say that Halo 2 Anniversary was the most amazing Halo campaign experience I've had to date? 343i has done a lot right for the Halo series... Regardless of how burned everyone was due to the Master Chief collection as a whole, or how they dislike the extended lore becoming a focal point of the story in the games. I feel if you're invested into a series, you should desire to learn more about it's universe, and crave material outside of the games.

But I'm losing sight of what this thread was intended for. I absolutely love when games are crammed with content that can be easily overlooked, things that can be noticed for the first time after several play throughs. I'm hoping that is what this means.

Shrennin

Didn't get the memo regarding the 14th Amendment

I would like to thank you for talking to the community via forums like this one -- and your willingness to look into situations like that one. Any death threat, but especially over games, is just stupid and despicable.

I thought it (Halo 5 beta) played better.

Halo 5 is nothing like CoD, although I have heard the complaint that the time to kill reminds people of CoD. I personally don't see it, but I think that's because you have to be more mobile than in past Halos in order to survive longer.

Anyway, Halo is still one of my favorite gaming franchises of all time, and Halo 5 is by far my most hyped game coming this year (even over what I generally consider my favorite franchise of all time, MGS). I still think Halo's story is one of the better FPS stories there is (at least as far as FPS games that don't solely just focus on the story), even if there are things about the story that I may have wanted to be different.

Prine

Banned
Get over yourself. There are literally thousands of other similarly focused gaming forums you can join. You are adding nothing to the discussion itself by even posting the complaint on criticissims. If you wanna circle jerk on the prospects of what's going to happen in Halo 5, there are many places you can go: See. GAF isn't even in the first 3 pages of that search. So it's not like it was built on the foundation of Halo. It has a strong presence and plenty of people here have been playing Halo together for over 10 years. But it's also shared plenty of criticisms. Get over yourself.

The discussion is based on an inaccurate assumption and an outright lie. How can you critique something you have not played or have a credible source to base it off? You seem highly motivated to spread FUD, now the word is out that the bases of peoples criticism is bullshit, why are you continuing this?

SatansReverence

Hipster Princess
Not sure about recent updates, like i said, theyve managed to get it in a fixed state, and ive given 343 props for that. I did so here and in the mcc thread in community. Had a great time playing coop and swat this week on my buddy's xbox.

They still dont have my trust. Ill eventually buy this used or 7 months after release at $20 to make sure its playable. I still love Halo, but 343 isnt my girlfriend, and i dont have to like the bullshit they keep spewing to dedicated fans like myself, or Vin.

If you call more crashes and load failures in 1 day then Halo 3 in 3 years "fixed" than sure.

Still getting P2P connections when we were promised dedicated servers than sure, it's "fixed"

Custom games being unjoinable after they've started, totally "fixed".

Not being able to even get into matchmaking because apparently you are "downloading latest matchmaking data". Yup, "fixed".

Parties getting split, even in ranked matchmaking, it's soooo "fixed"

And much more.

The game is still in an awful state...

TheOddOne

Get over yourself. There are literally thousands of other similarly focused gaming forums you can join. You are adding nothing to the discussion itself by even posting the complaint on criticissims. If you wanna circle jerk on the prospects of what's going to happen in Halo 5, there are many places you can go: See. GAF isn't even in the first 3 pages of that search. So it's not like it was built on the foundation of Halo. It has a strong presence and plenty of people here have been playing Halo together for over 10 years. It get's plenty of love, but it's also shared plenty of criticisms. Get over yourself/it.
I can't believe this is an actual post on GAF. In 2015.

okay but 343 credibility is at a low point and I have trouble believing them after the master chief collection.

Hopefully halo 5 will be good but I'll believe it when I see it.

Agreed which is the biggest issue with this whole thing.

I'm not speaking in regard to the game's story and I know not everyone plays Halo multiplayer, but it is certainly a staple of the franchise. And for the people who played the beta, we already saw a lot of what many deem most important...the gameplay. It's good, it's damn good.

It's fair to complain about 343 especially in the context of how they develop and how the story may pan out. You can only assume any future of off what's happened in the past. And unless 343 starts throwing out concrete, proof of what they are talking about what else is anyone else to say? What would you even prefer? Like what's the alternative? Just heaps and heaps of praise? Halo: MCC was a mess, no reason to assume this won't be a mess either. We can only infer by what they've packaged up and sold. No need to white knight them.

Gator86

It's insane how unsurprising this is. I'm always all for consumer rights and protections so people should have an avenue for airing their grievances with a company for a substandard product like MCC but I wouldn't expose my employees to that shit either. Halo is a fucking video game series. Perspective, internet, perspective.

On topic, I hope the game isn't too short and 343 does a proper job introducing all the characters in the game and not relying on finding waypoint consoles for the entire story like 4. I'd prefer the exploration to be for fun, not searching to try and figure out wtf a Didactic is.

Outrun

Morgan responded to a question asking, "does story then have more place within the gameplay?"

She responded by explaining, in some detail that if for example Spartan Vale surges ahead while the other three stay behind, that she will have a different effect on triggers and elements of the story than if for example, Buck did, and that players should comsider that as an interesting narrative detail or replay strategy"

Now, go back and read the thread title and accusations of it beimg our own fault for "releasing" vague statements.

Dude, you have the patience of a bloody saint....

I, for one, am massively looking forward to the Halo 5 campaign. Today's video was an excellent thing to eat breakfast to.

zychi

Banned
If you call more crashes and load failures in 1 day then Halo 3 in 3 years "fixed" than sure.

Still getting P2P connections when we were promised dedicated servers than sure, it's "fixed"

Custom games being unjoinable after they've started, totally "fixed".

Not being able to even get into matchmaking because apparently "downloading latest matchmaking data. Yup, "fixed".

Parties getting split, even in ranked matchmaking, it's soooo "fixed"

And much more.

The game is still in an awful state...
we honestly fixed all of those issues by getting the xbox nat open.

The only one we didnt try this week was customs.
I never really played customs so it never mattered to me

It doesn't even matter because the moment they're forced to acknowledge the fact that no "vague statement" was "released" by you guys, they'll just instantly defend it with "343i are shit" and "Halo 4 is garbage, so why should we expect different". And so the Halo gaming-side cycle continues.

Fracas

#fuckonami
Doesn't imply to me that the game's short, but it's not a huge deal even if it is; all the other halo games are average FPS length. It's more about about replayability.

And while I'm so incredibly disappointed with where 343 has taken the franchise like some others here, personal attacks are lame. Let it go. Keep your salt generalized.

SatansReverence

Hipster Princess
I'm not speaking in regard to the game's story and I know not everyone plays Halo multiplayer, but it is certainly a staple of the franchise. And for the people who played the beta, we already saw a lot of what many deem most important...the gameplay. It's good, it's damn good.

So good that it clocked up what, about 1/10th the play time that the H3 Beta did even with more people downloading/playing it.

Lothars

I'm not speaking in regards to the game's story and I know not everyone plays Halo multiplayer , but it is certainly a staple of the franchise. And for the many who played the beta, we already saw a lot of what is most important...the gameplay. It's good, it's damn good.
I hope it is, I ignored the beta because of the collection state but I will pick up halo 5 but im concerned.

mittelos

This meta discussion of yours is certainly adding a ton. Can't wait for more insight from you on who should be getting over themselves.

Stinkles, the game looks to be shaping up great, can't wait.

SatansReverence

Hipster Princess
we honestly fixed all of those issues by getting the xbox nat open.

The only one we didnt try this week was customs.
I never really played customs so it never mattered to me

Sorry but this reads like waypoint drivel...

I've been playing on an open nat since day 1, it fixes nothing...

Prine

Banned
It's fair to complain about 343 especially in the context of how they develop and how the story may pan out. You can only assume any future of off what's happened in the past. And unless 343 starts throwing out concrete, proof of what they are talking about what else is anyone else to say? What would you even prefer? Like what's the alternative? Just heaps and heaps of praise? Halo: MCC was a mess, no reason to assume this won't be a mess either. We can only infer by what they've packaged up and sold. No need to white knight them.

Again, your motivated only by your need to shit on 343i. This isnt MCC, its an absolutely different beast with far more time and resource. H4 was fine, why not bring that into your (flawed) assessment? What is concrete proof? A public Beta perhaps? Handson demo at events? If you accept that, then theyve already delivered without any of the issues of MCC. What are you trying to state in this thread about the story, what is the point you want to make?

Isurus

For fuck sake, I'm not sure how any developers can respect this forum when considering the constant shit posts that exist on it. For a group of people that supposedly love gaming, there is a decent sized, vocal segment that sure seem to demonstrate otherwise.

Stinkles, I don't know how you do it, man. I know I couldn't. As if life isn't full of enough drama...

jem0208

If you're going to infer purely on what they've created then you should probably take into account the only game they produced in house. Halo 4 released with very few issues and none that were game breaking.

The MCC on the other hand is 5 different games produced/ported by ~5 different companies. This post isn't meant to excuse the release state of the MCC, that was atrocious and 343 deserves the flack they get for it. However the MCC is not in any way a good indication of the state in which H5 will launch.

etta

my hard graphic balls
Why even need to tell people this?

If the game has side details, they'll do a good job at getting players to explore.
They didn't, the title is misleading on purpose.

Dude, you have the patience of a bloody saint....

I, for one, am massively looking forward to the Halo 5 campaign. Today's video was an excellent thing to eat breakfast to.
I second this notion. I applaud you, Stinkles, for not giving up on this forum. Us who love the franchise appreciate your efforts.

You can be doubtful, condemn past failures, and criticize a studio and their products without shit-posting and falsely presenting comments to mislead others. If people managed to figure that out, that would be one thing. Apparently though, they haven't.

People play single player halo?

Why?

Halo is a party game. Enjoyed to the max with 8 to 16 friends.

1369791740277.jpg

All I can think of when I see these posts.

Why can't people enjoy all aspects of Halo? Why is this looked down upon?

So good that it clocked up what, about 1/10th the play time that the H3 Beta did even with more people downloading/playing it.

Dunno where you're getting these numbers from, but even if it was true, isn't it just because Halo in general is less popular now?

I remember the hype for Halo 3 being through the roof.

Well, let's start with the Xbox One ownership base in it's first year and go from there. To me it says nothing about the quality of the gameplay. I played it and have been yearning for it's luscious fruits ever since.

Edit: I had a brain fart. So more people downloaded it but there was less playtime? Shit, I have no answer then. I fucking loved it and most people I know who played it loved it, that's all I know.

If you're going to infer purely on what they've created then you should probably take into account the only game they produced in house. Halo 4 released with very few issues and none that were game breaking.

The MCC on the other hand is 5 different games produced by ~5 different companies. This post isn't meant to excuse the release state of the MCC, that was atrocious and 343 deserves the flack they get for it. However the MCC is not in any way a good indication of the state in which H5 will launch.

It say's the amount of shit's they give to the fans really.

I'm hopeful for H5. I'll be there day one, like i've been for every game since it launched. I think H4 is easily one of the best looking shooters on 360 and hope that talent and effort translates well to H5. I didn't play the beta, and have been mostly avoiding performance threads as things aren't really final so I don't think it's fair to judge on that leg yet. I expect a short 5-8 hour campaign, with my buddies and some great set pieces with a ton of sandboxing in between. If they can give me that at whatever framerate they choose(as long as it's stable) I'll be a happy guy.

BokehKing

Banned

So you're possibly saying (and correct me if I'm wrong) different dialogue depending on if rushed, or certain dialogue just won't be triggered due to rushing in

Edit: (in all honesty, I wouldn't reply to me, I know I been a dick, lack of split screen just hit a bad nerve and I Apologize for being.... Passionately douchey)

Tunavi

Banned
If you would like me to look into this for you, send me your details via pm, but the message you quote is not something that is supposed to happen, nor in fact should it be possible.
Although I'm incredibly fed up with the halo franchise these days, Frankie, you're a good dude.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom